List your Favorite Resident Evil Games in order

Ctoala6474

38 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

So this series seems to have transformed itself a couple times, but as a total noob to the series and to survival horror in general, which ones are closest to Resident Evil HD in tone? Like that creepy, survival horror style?

I am playing this game right now and while it took me a little while to get adjusted to the gameplay and fixed camera angles, it eventually all clicked for me. I am enjoying this game SO much and starting to become obsessed with Resident Evil! I want to know what other games in the series are considered must-plays?

Among games available on modern platforms, Code Veronica is probably the closest to the original style with lots of locked doors and fixed camera angles. RE0 should be close to RE Remake too, but I'm not too familiar with that one. But you probably might want to play RE2 Remake next, because it's the next game story-wise, and a pretty good remake, although very modernised.

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
  2. Resident Evil 3 Remake
  3. Code Veronica X
  4. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  5. Resident Evil 4
  6. Resident Evil Zero
  7. Resident Evil 7
  8. Resident Evil Resistance
  9. Resident Evil Relevations 2
  10. Resident Evil 5

Side note: 

Even though I grew up with the series I decided leave out the originals RE,RE2 and RE3 because I can't remember them very well, mostly I watched my friends playing those.

Also skipped Resident Evil 6 on purpose, since friends highly recommend me not to play that one. Never touched Relevations and Operation Raccoon City as well. The remakes did a very good job, besides the new ones like RE7 (or the trailers for RE8) are not my taste and don't feel like a Resident Evil.

• Like 1

I've ranked the games I've played

Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4)

Resident Evil 4 (NGC/PS3)

Resident Evil 2 (PSX)

Resident Evil 3 (PSX)

Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4)

Resident Evil Remake (PS4)

Resident Evil 0 Remake (PS4)

Resident Evil 7 (PS4)

Resident Evil 6 (PS3)

Resident Evil 5 (PC)

Resident Evil Remake (NGC)

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (NDS)

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (NGC)

Resident Evil 0 (NGC)

Resident Evil Director's Cut (PSX)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (PS3)

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (PS3)

Edited by Ric

On 2020-12-24 at 11:28 AM, ImMagnetz said:

I've only played 2 and 7 but I know a lot of people love 2 and 4. For this website I feel like it's worth mentioning though that, for some reason, 4 doesn't have a Platinum.

Yeah that sucks 4 doesn’t have a platinum, but I’ve heard it mentioned as a favourite a few times so I definitely want to play it regardless. It’s interesting it’s a fan favourite too because I think this is when the series did a major pivot to the over-the-shoulder action/shoot em up style.

On 2020-12-24 at 11:34 AM, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

if you want super creepy, go with 7. It's great. 2 Remake is also super great as well as pretty creepy so I guess go with 7 and 2 Remake

Super creepy sounds great, I’ll check out 7.

I’m also grabbing RE2 remake in the current sale as it looks absolutely incredible, especially with regards to the graphics and lighting etc. I think I’m going to grab Resident Evil 0 as well because it looks almost the same as RE(HD) and it’s currently on sale for like $5. I also plan on playing RE5 just because I already own a copy of this game on PS3, and heard it’s quite a fun co-op experience.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah that sucks 4 doesn’t have a platinum, but I’ve heard it mentioned as a favourite a few times so I definitely want to play it regardless. It’s interesting it’s a fan favourite too because I think this is when the series did a major pivot to the over-the-shoulder action/shoot em up style.

I’m also grabbing RE2 remake in the current sale as it looks absolutely incredible, especially with regards to the graphics and lighting etc. I think I’m going to grab Resident Evil 0 as well because it looks almost the same as RE(HD) and it’s currently on sale for like $5. I also plan on playing RE5 just because I already own a copy of this game on PS3, and heard it’s quite a fun co-op experience.

No worries! 7 and the 2 remake, as I said, are the two I've played, and I think they're a pretty good shout tbh for entries to check out seeing as they're both both a lot more polished than a lot of the other entries, simply because they're newer.

6 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

no prob man! You are in for a good time!

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake - Wish the alternate stories had more variety but this is one of the best games i ever played without a shadow of a doubt. I love this game to a ridiculous extent.The tension in this game is one of the best experiences ive ever had with a game

2. Resident Evil 7 - The stuff on the boat is not very good but the rest of this game is perfectly tense and enjoyable

3. Resident Evil 3 Remake - The characters are fantastic and i really enjoyed my time with this game but its too short and too toned down compared to RE2

I'll admit i haven't played many but i love those three games. Trying to get into older ones but the controls are a real pain to get used to

14 minutes ago, TheDragonfly44 said:

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake - Wish the alternate stories had more variety but this is one of the best games i ever played without a shadow of a doubt. I love this game to a ridiculous extent.The tension in this game is one of the best experiences ive ever had with a game

2. Resident Evil 7 - The stuff on the boat is not very good but the rest of this game is perfectly tense and enjoyable

3. Resident Evil 3 Remake - The characters are fantastic and i really enjoyed my time with this game but its too short and too toned down compared to RE2

I'll admit i haven't played many but i love those three games. Trying to get into older ones but the controls are a real pain to get used to

yeah, I am really not a fan of the old tank controls

• Like 1

Haven’t played R3make or Revelations 2 yet:

1. Resident Evil 4

2. Resident Evil Remake

3. Resident Evil 7 VR

4. Resident Evil 2 Remake

5. Resident Evil 2

6. Resident Evil 3

7. Resident Evil 0

8. Resident Evil Revelations

9. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

10. Resident Evil Outbreak

11. Resident Evil

12. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 2

13. Resident Evil Code Veronica

14. Resident Evil Outbreak File 2

15. Resident Evil 5

16. Videos of RE0 running on N64

17. Resident Evil 6

14 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

yeah, I am really not a fan of the old tank controls

The remakes actually have a new, modified control system to replace the tank controls (which are absolutely brutal), but even the new controls are really hard to get used to. The movement is much better but still hindered by the fixed camera angles that are frequently changing as you move through rooms and hallways.

But the worst is probably the combat - this really took some getting used to. Especially for the knife-only playthrough!

14 hours ago, TheDragonfly44 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they remade more of the old Resident Evil games like they've done with 2 and 3, you might be better to wait for those.

• Like 1