Arkham Knight will have a $40 Season Pass & $100 Premium Edition

Azaan60

Well, I'm not an avid gamer like many of you who buy many games every year, but i remember borderlands 2, one of the recent: Look team, here's a season pass but remember that only give you content for a few months.

Wait. What. Hmm we need to sell more add-on.

i know. I know. Let's release an add collection before that :)

Hmm, and now?

Easy. Let's release a GOTY edition.

with the whole content?

You kidding me, right? Hahaha. Of course not, just put some content.

why?

Obvious, we need to release the add-on collection Volume 2. :)

This is stupid, but pretty much what i was expecting anyways. This is the last game in the franchise, so not selling tons of DLC and extra content would just be leaving money on the table from WB Games' standpoint. I'm still confident that Rocksteady will do their best to make the base game feel like a satisfying conclusion to the series so that's what i'll be getting. I don't like these business practices, so i won't parttake in them.

You know they will release a GOTY edition for like $40 in a year, so you could buy the game for $60, then wait for them to announce the GOTY edition, sell your copy ASAP for like $20-$25 and buy the complete edition, so you will spend like $75 and play all the content.

I have such a massive backlog (way more than 50 games), that I will do what I always do and wait until the GOTY/Complete edition has been out for 3 months and the price has dropped to $20 or less and then buy it.  That's what I do with all my games these days.  I haven't spent more than $20 on a game in years.

If the price bothers you, as it does me, let the developers and publishers know with your wallet and don't buy day 1.  Every argument I've ever heard to why people must buy day 1 has never proven true for me.  The only one that even sorta pans out is the state of the multiplayer servers (such as them being dead after 6 months), but even then I still find matches (playing with friends or boosting), and that's definitely irrelevant for a single player game.  To each their own, but I'm always a little confused to see comments like "I hate this, it's price gouging, rabble rabble... but I'm still buying it day 1".

• Like 1

Gaming is still a luxury thing and with all luxury things come absurd pricing for the littlest of things. I can't blame them though, Nintendo, Sony and many others have been promoting this kind of business practice since the 90's but it was small enough to go unnoticed. 

Back on topic, I think this gives us many reason to complete the first three and just wait for the fourth to go down in pricing. 

• Like 1

Disappointing. I will keep my preorder, but I won't get the pass until it's on sale.

The (U.S.) Playstation Store has it on sale right now.

PS4 Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition (Sale Price) $89.99, (Regular Price)  $99.99

PS4 Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition Upgrade (Sale Price) $29.99, (Regular Price) $39.99

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/28/playstation-store-update-390/

Edited by xMisFitToyx

Oh, well i will not buy it at launch, big deal. Based on the previous Batman releases i guess that GOTY will be out during this holiday season. But wait, there is more: how about "Batman Arkham Ultimate" - all four games in one package being out next spring. Would be great, wouldn't it? I vote with my wallet and whether or not this trend of 40-50-60$ seasons passes will continue, depends on us, gamers.

We've got some details on what's going to be in the Season Pass, courtesy of Eurogamer

Batgirl, "Batmobile Racing", challenge maps, skins, and undetailed Batman stories. 

Personally, I'm going to wait for a review of each of these before deciding if I want the season pass.

Particularly the racing bit. I've never been a fan of racing games, and it annoys me that so many open-world games that feature vehicles decide to include them. I mean, when and why would Batman race anyone? Isn't street racing a criminal activity he would oppose? Aaaah f*ck it, because videogames therefore videogames ergo videogames. 

Feeling tired and cranky today...

This announcement completely wiped out my desire to buy this game this year, and I will now await the Game of the Year edition.

I have no doubt the game proper will be amazing, and I imagine the Batgirl sections will be improvement on the Catwoman scenarios, but I can't justify that much money for one game - the DLC coming close to doubling the cost of the game (when it comes to the UK, the exchange to sterling is always skewed) I can't show support to a trend I really don't want to see.

Digital will replace physical, but I want a like for like replacement not piecemeal and segmented DLC that the sum of used to represent a full release.

I'll look forward to it in 2016.