Catherine game is on sale on PSN...Should I buy it?

armmyperez

This is one of my alltime favorite games but whether or not you'll like it is up to you. Do you like puzzle games? Do you like games where your choices influence the ending? Is it ok that it has an ultra rare plat that is difficult to obtain unless you have mad skills? (I'm forever stuck at 80% completion due to my gaming abilities).

If you answered yes to these, this game is probably for you. I loved the artwork, the story mode climbing puzzles were challenging without being frustrating, I liked how your decisions influence the ending- and there is really no wrong choices- and I even loved playing it as a female gamer, even though the romance elements were geared towards men.

Now I want to try getting the remaining trophies again lol.

• Like 3

This is one of my alltime favorite games but whether or not you'll like it is up to you. Do you like puzzle games? Do you like games where your choices influence the ending? Is it ok that it has an ultra rare plat that is difficult to obtain unless you have mad skills? (I'm forever stuck at 80% completion due to my gaming abilities).

If you answered yes to these, this game is probably for you. I loved the artwork, the story mode climbing puzzles were challenging without being frustrating, I liked how your decisions influence the ending- and there is really no wrong choices- and I even loved playing it as a female gamer, even though the romance elements were geared towards men.

Now I want to try getting the remaining trophies again lol.

I don't consider myself with mad skillz and got the Catherine platinum nontheless. It wasn't that hard how people told it was ,at least for me. I found other games more painfull to get the platinum mainly beacuse of online and don't care to go for the platinum.

• Like 2

Do not think about it twice!!! buy that game!!!!

Kiss Shot says, you must do it, now ;)

The puzzles aren't overly difficult and once you get a hang of the mechanics you can breeze through most of them.  

Oh really... please tell it to Axis Mundi.

I don't consider myself with mad skillz and got the Catherine platinum nontheless. It wasn't that hard how people told it was ,at least for me. I found other games more painfull to get the platinum mainly beacuse of online and don't care to go for the platinum.

Any tips for Axis Mundi?

• Like 1

I got it on PS+ a couple years ago.

PS+ has thrown a lot of, what I'd call, anime games at me. Most of them I don't play. No disrespect to anime fans out there, I can see there's so much of it, so clearly it has it's audience and I'm just not in it.

BUT...

This game, and Gravity Rush, are 2 of my all time favorite games. Somewhere in the top 50, don't let that do it any disrespect though as both games are amazing.

I played the game for about 5 hours in one sitting, then either slept or went off to do something, I don't know. Then I came back a while later, I remember now, I got stuck on a hard part and left. Anyway, I came back later and was playing it for 8 solid hours (if I remember correctly) until like 7 in the morning. The sun literally came up as I finished the game.

I've not replayed it...yet. The next time they give out good enough games to make me renew my PS+ I will FINALLY throw the game at my girlfriend who's been keen as a bean with all the times I've told her to go play it.

...Aaaaanyway, you should buy the game. It's so damn good. There's hard bits here and there, as there is in most games, but for the most part it's pretty easy, and there's like 6 endings or something crazy like that so if you're into replaying and looking for hidden things (always talk about all the alcohols in the bar, that's about all I remember) then this is a good one.

Wicked sense of humour, great art style, intriguing and captivating story, unique and challenging gameplay, 10/10

• Like 1

Any tips for Axis Mundi?

Yes buy it. Axis Mundi is hard???!!

I had more trouble with Obelisk. Anyways tips for Axis Mundi

1. If you get stuck try pushing everything down so it will give you new ones. Just make sure you have 2-4 block footing under you. (this doesn't always work)

2.Try to avoid the cracked blocks, using the Spider technique. (If that was it's name)

3. Push black hole blocks down if you can. They're evil.

4: Keep your footing at least 3 blocks wide.

5. Use all the techniques you learned in game.If you don't remember them replay the tutorials and practice.

6. Try not to collapse your wall by pulling blocks or by stepping on cracked blocks.

7. If you have second controller use it. The levels are much easier with two controllers. Just make your way with Vincent and follow with Katherine. Or have some of your friend or family member control her.

Most of these you probably have heard if not all.

But Catherine is probably one of my favorite games of all time. So buy it! ^^

Eh... 2 controllers way... that... wasn't particularly helpful xD

Yes buy it. Axis Mundi is hard???!!

I had more trouble with Obelisk. Anyways tips for Axis Mundi

Lol, I had no problems with Obelisk xD

PS+ has thrown a lot of, what I'd call, anime games at me. 

Oh? Other than this and VLR, I don't really recall any =D

Any tips for Axis Mundi?

Are you doing Axis Mundi alone or with a partner? I completed the babel Stages with a partner that had the patience and teamwork to pull off the every stage together. Axis was a pain in the ass , many attempts and rage momentos but we go to the top eventually. Don't remember using any particular strategies since the layout of the blocks change randomly every time.

So... Just keep believing in your inner skillz and you'll conquer Babel final stage :)

Are you doing Axis Mundi alone or with a partner? I completed the babel Stages with a partner that had the patience and teamwork to pull off the every stage together. Axis was a pain in the ass , many attempts and rage momentos but we go to the top eventually. Don't remember using any particular strategies since the layout of the blocks change randomly every time.

So... Just keep believing in your inner skillz and you'll conquer Babel final stage :)

Alone with 2 controllers =D

Obviously that is =D Axis Mundi is impossible on solo due to the level glitch.

He... guess I should return to it... =D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...