Arcade tips ?

Tomoko Kuroki

I just started this game and went a few times in ladder to test out combos and such  before attempting anything like the tower challenges yet.

Is there any tips for beatin kintaro and shao kahn ? That super armor is crazy and I don't really understand when it activates, I even struggled on easy.

Find a cheap move and abuse the hell out of it, lol. There's lots of moves you can cheese, i.e. scorpions get over here and sub zero freeze. I'm speaking from back in the day though. MK2 was the hardest MK for me, Kintaro was a beast.  IIRC Raiden was a beast in this one.  Liu Kangs low fireball might allow him to duck under kintaro's fireball, but i might be remembereding incorrectly.

I just started this game and went a few times in ladder to test out combos and such  before attempting anything like the tower challenges yet.

Is there any tips for beatin kintaro and shao kahn ? That super armor is crazy and I don't really understand when it activates, I even struggled on easy.

OH wait I remember one, when he jumps up to stomp you jump back and kick you should catch him in the air if timed right.

I noticed no one replied so i'm just trying to remember some stuff.

• Like 1

hope my 2 cents will afford you something...

i cannot really remember what they are like in close kombat but im thinking you should keep a safe distance from them

you also do not what to be jumping carelessly cause the AI usually picks up on it quite quick

the trick where you jump over characters and hit them from behind before landing can be useful sometimes i think

because of the armour you do not want to be striking first and aimlessly most of the time

also waiting for them to make the first move allows you to bait some moves that could leave them open

Goro

i think likes to throw you around so keep your distance (not sure of it can be escaped)

he also has a ground pound i think which only covers like a screen distance from him maybe?

Kintaro

has the teleport stomp which you should watch out for, evade and take advantage of

Kahn

you can duck under his spear but not when he throws the hammer (and its unblockable i think)

i think you can block when he hits you with the hammer but keeping a safe distance from Kahn especially i think is good

safe distance also good so you can spot his xray move (heavy damage and armoured) which is also unblockable i think and maybe punish him

lastly you should just get to know how they react to your characters moves and learn which are best

teleport moves usually work well

hopefully there are some good cents you could use here

P.S. juuuuust in case you didnt know... a vertical jump punch bounces your opponent and a diagonal jump punch can be used to start a combo

wo! too much?

Edited by jujmint

• 1 month later...

I didn't read above but I'm guessing this is to do with max difficulty, play on tag, use sheevas stomp move constantly and pick an additional character you're okay with. I either use Scorpion or Ermac since they have a teleport move, can use it to get to shao kahn when he taunts. Also when he throws the hammer JUMP, don't duck. 

or I can do it for you if you want LOL

• 1 month later...

I read and trying to use all these tips, but I still have trouble with mainly kintaro and goro, whenever I see them in the tower I always win by luck, even when using the tips provided above, I appreciate everywheres advice, but I still seem to have problems beating them consistently, I'm almost done the tower challenge so I won't need to worry about these guys after though.

I read and trying to use all these tips, but I still have trouble with mainly kintaro and goro, whenever I see them in the tower I always win by luck, even when using the tips provided above, I appreciate everywheres advice, but I still seem to have problems beating them consistently, I'm almost done the tower challenge so I won't need to worry about these guys after though.

Well if you don't like that wait until you get to Challenge Tower 185. Beat Sheeva, Goro and Kintaro in a row with Baraka and only 1 life bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Scorpion is beast for this, Expert Difficulty just keep hitting (square, square, square, back back square, square square square, back back square) the computer gets trapped in the combo and you can just mash it as fast as you can.

It'll look like three punchs then a rope to stun them and repeat the punchs to rope again.

Scorpion VS ShaoKahn/Goro/Kintaro, just keep backing up and when they taunt or shoot fireballs press (down, back, triangle) to light the ground on fire.

Smoke VS Shao Kahn is easiest, his (down, back, circle) teleport ignores the glowing yellow armor effect.

If you play on easy try Kratos, (down, forward, triangle) spams really fast for 12% in 2hits, he gets flawless till round 7.

Let Shao Kahn beat you then player select, this well make "Arcade Master" easier as you just have to look for each char's ranged throw and beat Shao Kahn with it. (fans, knifes, fireballs, etc)

These were my tactics for getting arcade trophys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...