Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheLiamK

Best cross class 3 for Marauder?

4 posts in this topic

Heyo,
So I've been dicking around with FF14 for the last week trying out all of the classes to find the one I like best and it turns out I am in love with the Maruader class. I've just got the airship travel so it makes sense to me to use the lower level quests to start leveling up 2 other classes, one per town. In Ul' Dah I've chosen Gladiator for the ability to upgrade to warrior and in Grinadia I am thinking either Congurer or Lancer. CNG would be good for heal, raise and protect, but I'm not sure how well they'd work with the low MP/magic power of a MRD. Lancer would be good for Invigorate and keep flurry but unless I misunderstand blood for blood(giving more damage at the expense of taking more) then would a high level lancer be a waste?

If you're going with Marauder, then yes. Levelling lancer would be a waste since at level 30 when you unlock the Warrior job with Gladiator, you won't be able to use Lancer skills. The other class that Warrior can cross class with is Pugilist. I don't have much knowledge on tanks, but my guess is most of the cross class skills you'll be using as a warrior would be from the gladiator. Maybe featherfoot/internal release/second wind from Pugilist, but definitely not all 3. Either way though, the pugilist skills are all low level.

You'd definitely want Flash, Provoke, Convalescence, maybe Awareness from Gladiator...the other 1-2 is up to you really.

Edited by UndeadMisfit

Yea if you want to focus on your cross class skills than you easily choose to work on pugilist and you only really need to get it up to level 15. No other class can be combined once you hit WAR job, only Pugilist and Gladiator skill will be accessible to you. Most of your cross class skills will come from Gladiator with my recommendation of, Provoke (A MUST)(Get at lvl22 if I remember correctly), Convalescence(Before lvl15), Awareness(at GLD lvl 42), and Flash (Before lvl15)(only pick up flash if you have a hard time keeping aggro and managing TP, it possible to tank as a WAR without Flash, as I do) while taking skills like Internal Release from Pugilist and (if you chose not to flash) either Second Wind or Featherfoot. Both have there up and down so I say switch it up depending on your situation at Level 50.

This is the method I have been using since Early Access of this game and has not failed me yet with WAR being my main in the game. Give it a try and I hope you really enjoy WAR as IMO is more entertaining then the 1-2-3 combo PLD has to offer :P

Highly Recommend: Provoke, Convalescence, Awareness, Internal Release (Combine with Berserk)

Optional: Flash, Second Wing, Featherfoot

Not Recommend: Mantra or any other ability.

Edited by Smasher419

Ah right, didn't know that I couldn't take the other classes in to Warrior with me, pugilist it is then, will come in handy when I eventually complete my love affair with rogue/ninja class we well ^,^ Bit dissapointed with GLAD at first tbh, was hoping for more sword and board moves but eh, pretty fun so far. Miss the ol' battleaxe though :D