S-Rank Missions (1st Playthrough)

So I've after beating the game and now I am at post game. I have all the central kingdom and North Eastern Kingdom's S-Ranks and all my character's are max level however I am having small problems with some of the earlier S-Rank missions (Mainly combat ones and Side Mission 3 [skirmish against the lobsters] ). 

I've read a walkthrough that recommends a 2nd playthrough but I really want to save that for a last resort. The main thing which keeps affecting me is enemies blocking and then striking me when I finish my combo. Is there a particular way to break through their blocks instantly? i.e. a certain character. Also, in two stages, The first combat missions you play in the Volcano place and the marsh area, I speed run, get the maximum possible hits with Plume before they die (which isnt much) and then I master the mission too but I am always 100 points shy. Unable to go any faster or get a higher combo is there any way to do this? Thanks.

Sorry hate to double post but I missed one minor part of my question, do your Mission ranks carry over in NG+ ? Or if I do decide to do the missions on NG+ must I S-Rank the missions I already had previously gotten it in?

It is better doing a second playthrough as the time you spent trying to gain the S ranks you need, could be time spent on finishing your second playthrough. I wanted to do it in one playthrough as well but seeing that I was not meeting the requirements for S not matter how quick or attempting at a high combo, I just could not. The shadow ring you end up getting in your NG+ will definitely help you get S ranks in your first attempt with missions and breeze easily through this playthrough. 

The ranks do reset but you should not have any trouble getting them again with the ring.

I recently Plat'd this game and as everyone said, doing it on the 2nd run is a breeze. The reincarnate ring & Crest of Rebirth owns everything. I just spammed Plume on all stages with the ring and juggled an enemy until I had a 300 combo, that's 1,000 points right there. If you can make it through the stage without getting hit that 500 no damage bonus. There's your S-rank right there. Use the crest to make an ultimate weapon of your choice. I had a sword that had like 500 attack power or something crazy like that. The final boss was done for in like 3 hits.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses everyone but I managed to do it on my 1st Playthrough :) only 2 missions posed a serious problem [1st Combat area in the Volcano place and Side Mission 3] the rest came arguably naturally :)

I would recommend a 2nd playthrough though, it was a bad decision on my part.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...