How Many Games/Plats Do You Have 'On The Go' At Once?

Lion-Lhasa

I'm interested to know other people's opinions on this.

I find it hard to play one game exclusively because I get bored and want to play something else, but then feel as if I shouldn't because I haven't finished the previous game and so I end up playing nothing.

Do you play one game until you plat it and move onto another, or do you have several games on the go at once for a bit of variety?

I tend to alternate between games constantly.

Usually I'll have 2-5 set games I tackle at a given time. At the moment I'm focusing on 3 games, each of a different genre. That way I don't get bored too fast. If I need a break from those three I either play Dark Souls 1 and 2 (I don't get bored of those games ever) or play a few Hearthstone matches on PC.

It's hard for me to focus on more than one game at a time. I just can't bounce back and forth between games like seemingly a lot of people can. Sometimes I'll play something on the side, but even then usually I need at least a couple of days with that game before switching back to the other game.

• Like 2

1 at a time, so I can brag about my high completion to people with low completion who don't care about completion. 

They won't care but at least fills me with a sort of pride and air of superiority that I can't get from anywhere else in my life. :D

True story.  -_-

• Like 4

I bounce back and forth on this. Sometimes I rotate a few games to play but then when I decide what I want to go for plat next i can than usually focos just on that. If I'm not sure what to play I'll jump into a few games of Battlefield 4 MP.

I usually do this:

It's hard for me to focus on more than one game at a time. I just can't bounce back and forth between games like seemingly a lot of people can. Sometimes I'll play something on the side, but even then usually I need at least a couple of days with that game before switching back to the other game.

Because of this:

I always try to stick to one game. Reason being that if i were to play multiple games at once im bound to forget the controls and lower my skill level

Plus, my memory sucks, so if I leave a game for, lets say, a week, I forget most of the story and it detracts from my enjoyment of the game overall.

Max Payne 3 taught me this the hard way. :(

Although somehow I was playing VANQUISH and Killzone: Mercenaries at the 'same' time and I didn't confuse the controls once... maybe because they were on different platforms? Dunno.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I usually do this:

Because of this:

Plus, my memory sucks, so if I leave a game for, lets say, a week, I forget most of the story and it detracts from my enjoyment of the game overall.

Max Payne 3 taught me this the hard way. :(

Although somehow I was playing VANQUISH and Killzone: Mercenaries at the 'same' time and I didn't confuse the controls once... maybe because they were on different platforms? Dunno.

Yuri says things like this from time to time, to make us mortals feel better.

Yuri says things like this from time to time, to make us mortals feel better.

Nope, I say it because I'm incapable of juggling between more than 2 games at once (actually, I envy you for that) and if I leave a game for too long, I commonly don't get back to it unless someone says "hey, you are not going to finish that xyz game?" and I'm like "what game? Oooohhhhhhhhh" because I forgot of it.

This best describes how I game too. I may work on unfinished DLC on the side, but I almost always focus on one game to plat. 

I always try to stick to one game. Reason being that if i were to play multiple games at once I'm bound to forget the controls and lower my skill level

Same for me too. I feel like I'm getting stretched too thin when I bounce from game to game and I always get pissed at myself for mixing the controls up. I don't just do it once either. I get stuck in a rut for a while before I come around to doing the right controls for the game.  

Nope, I say it because I'm incapable of juggling between more than 2 games at once (actually, I envy you for that) and if I leave a game for too long, I commonly don't get back to it unless someone says "hey, you are not going to finish that xyz game?" and I'm like "what game? Oooohhhhhhhhh" because I forgot of it.

I've left games for almost a year for the same reason. I tend to lose motivation for a game if I leave it midway. It's especially hard to get back into something if I have a long grind or mp hanging over my head.

I also prefer to play games that are almost a year old. They've usually had all the bugs fixed by then and they've also had a price reduction and a goty version or something similar where I can finish the game and all its DLC before moving to the next game. I really dislike coming back to a game after a year and having to relearn what little skill I had with it.

Damn you Resogun. :shakefist:

• Like 3