How Many Games/Plats Do You Have 'On The Go' At Once?

Lion-Lhasa

Well, If I have a lot of free time I'd certainly stick to one till I beat/platinum it, because as previous gamers have mentioned sometimes it's not always easy to get hook again after stop playing a game, and you feel less skilled, etc; not being the case (I have less time for gaming now) I rotate between some games, but I always try to figure out If I want to change to another game (suppously to play more games in less time) or I'm just bored of gaming in that moment in particular. 

Depends on the game, but i usually focus on one until i plat/100% it then move on to the next.

If a game is boring or i'm missing a tedious trophy then i'm probably going to leave it alone for a while to play other stuff.  :)

I usually have about 2 or 3 games going on. There will be one I'm focusing on and a couple that help me take breaks when I don't feel like playing whatever it is I'm trying to complete. Keeping the count low helps me keep track of what I still have to do.

3-5 usually. I usually have one where I've finished most everything and just do a little grinding on each day. One with a good story/puzzles that I play with my wife and usually one that's either difficult or scary or a shooter or something that I play after she falls asleep. Sometimes I'm cleaning up one of my kids' games as well.

Always just one. I like dedicating myself to a single game so as to always be 100% "into it". If it's a game that requires a long grind, then maybe I can put it away for a while to rest up a little, but I always end up coming back to finish it soon after.

Still don't know how I didn't do this with Xenoverse yet, this bloody RNG is killing me... Maybe just to get it over with as soon as possible.

(You can bet I'm doing a total hard drive backup as soon as I do, because I'm not doing it again).

• Like 1

I try to stick to one at a time, but I've picked up some hefty grind of Platinums of late - each fine to nibble away at but far too bland to eat the entire portion in one go.

The Last of Us I've gone back to after a three month break, Helldivers I chip away at, GTAV I play when friends are around and eek closer to Rank 100.  Generally I'll stick to one at a time for a story driven game.  Helldivers has no story so that's fine, GTA Online has no story so that's fine, I've seen TLOU's story so that's fine.

I'll probably start another game shortly, like Danganronpa, which will satisfy the story itch.

I usually play multiple games actually, but if I can get the platinum in about a few days or so, I'll stick to it and finish it off.  If I have a game that takes me a few weeks or more, I'll try to play something else to break up the repetition. 

Edited by Tail Red

I've always got 3 or 4 games on the go at once, whether or not I'm going for their platinums. Any more and I feel like I'm losing touch with them, any less and I risk getting burned out on a game. I always try to make sure that they are all different genres and have different tones to help keep things fresh. For instance at the moment I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins, God of War and just finished Mass Effect 3

I try to keep it to 2 (a ps3 and vita one) but right now I have 6 :o. Deadly Premonition I had to put aside because I was platting DBZ for trophy 9000 and haven't gone back :(Resonance of Fate I put aside because arena battles were boring me, Okami I am tied to checkpoints because of the We Play group I am in, Vanquish I put aside because I wanted to play Killzone, Killzone 3 I started up after 3 year absence for I don't know what reason and I just download Run Sackboy Run for the fun of it :).

So yeah I need to clean some of those up before starting anything else.

I used to work on anywhere between 10-15 games on my old account. But I never made a whole lot of progress, playing like that. So now I tend to focus on 1-3 games now and I generally make more progress like that. So 1-3 games are my main focus, with a few other games, that I work on platting on & off. Sometimes I end up platting one of them, before the main 1-3 games I'm primarily focused on.

I have a few games I'm grinding long term and then usually 2-3 active games each on PS3 and Vita. I find it hard to walk away from an unfinished game even when I'm no longer enjoying it, so I always have other incomplete games that give me that excuse to take a needed break and play something else.

I always focus on one game at a time...and this is why I progress so slowly. VERY SLOWLY. If I decide to plat a certain game, I want to know everything about it. I want to visit every location, want to listen to every possible conversation, want to collect everything, want to understand the characters, the world, its history, its philosophy, want to watch every single review, concept arts, listen to soundtracks, compare the actual game to alpha versions, etc...so yeah. I can't concentrate on more at once. BUT THIS IS SO MUCH FUN LIKE THIS SLKGNDFJGNJADGWAHAHAHAHA.

Right now I have 7 on the go, which I plan to go back to, eventually. I'm concentrating on finishing one vita game and started on another PS3 game. I plan to plat these and then move onto the other 5. Hopefully then I will learn my lesson and just focus on three at the same time.

I try to focus on one at a time. I find if I switch it up I'll get distracted and won't end up going back to the original game I was working on. I'll usually hold off playing the next episode of a Telltale game or something similar for when I get bored with a game and need a quick break to freshen things up, if not I'll just work a bit on a more casual arcade-ish game for a few hours.

I always have at least 2 - a vita game and a PS3 or PS4 game, plus usually i have a coop game on the go that i will play with my wife (i tend not to play these alone until she is bored with it, as good fun coop is hard to find)

I might sometimes also have a PS3 game on the go as a kind of long-haul game if it has a long grind associated - though recently im trying to simply get 100% in at least two games, including at least 1 PS3 game from my outstanding list before adding any new PS4 games as i try to reduce my backlog - with some success - when i started this rule i had 58 games below 100%, now its about 37 i think

Edited by DrBloodmoney