Your Top 5 Proudest Plats

Ctoala6474

1. Red Dead Redemption

A masterpiece of a game and one hell of a main character, there was nothing i didn't enjoy whilst going for this platinum. DLC was also brilliant

2. Resident Evil HD

My Favourite games franchise. I had this game on the gamecube but i was like 11 years old and scared shitless. This time round i got to appreciate the beauty and storyline of the series. I can't wait for Resident evil 0 and 2 HD.

3. Fifa 11

I used to play nothing but fifa. I'm not very good at it but for me the best fifa i played was this one. Virtual pro was awesome and it was the start of FUT. It is my rarest platinum at <2% achieved.

4. Battlefield Bad Company 2

IMO this is what an FPS experience should be like, good storyline, to go with the insanely good multiplayer. It was the start of destruction in FPS, (to my knowledge) which put something extra into a clogged up genre. Probably also the reason i still enjoy battlefield series and batelfield 4. It was also my first platinum, my last trophy was, roadkill with a helicopter haha there was some funny trophies in there

5. Assassin's Creed 2

This was a surprisingly good game for me. I'm not a history buff or a CQC fan, but this was an enjoyable game. Great plot, great lead character and a villain that gave me so much pleasure in killing at the end.

shakie19.png

1.  Spec Ops: The Line beating the game on FUBAR difficulty is a proud victory. Stuck it through because of how enjoyable the gameplay and story was.

2. Skyrim I dont know what came over me to pursue this. While an amazing game, the frequency of crashes and glitches on playstation platform made this 100+ hour journey feel twice as long. I would not do it again.

3. Dead Space 2 only having 3 saves on hardcore setting was gratifying accomplishment. My favorite game of last gen. it is perfect in my eyes.

4.The original Devil May Cry HD Love this game and the series. Would like to go back to devil may cry 3 and grab that one as well.

5. The rest of mine were not all that difficult, it might be a tie between KILLZONE 3, KILLZONE MERCENARIES, The last of us, or metal gear solid 3 HD

Mine are:

1)infamous: This was my first platinum

2)The last of us: Loved the game getting the platinum made me able to know the game like the back of my hand. The glitches i found while going for it made the experience even better.

3)Bioshock Infinite: I'm terrible at FPS games so getting this was a huge accomplishment for me.

4)Rayman origins: The difficulty mixed with the experience of co-oping this game with my brother made this one of the most memorable platinums for me.

5) Shadow of the Colossus: this game seems unfair when you go for the hard mode speed trials, but after a while you learn to make this game your b*tch. I had to use speedrun strats and learn every bosses nuances. The ps3 version is nothing like the original. This is for sure my proudest platinum

#1- Lost Planet 2:

-I got Number 1 NdG in the end of 2015 ~40 hours training [i did a Worldrecord-Guide but it does not help anymore :/]

-Grinding for 150 hours all Ndg's

-Lost data by 75% progress (all in all ~300hours to platinum)

-Bad internet connection lowered my online experience extremely. In addition there are almost only nerds playing today.

-Alone faction matches takes 15 weeks time to complete the game

#2- Metal Gear Rising

The S-Rangs were okay. The VR-Missions got me that adreline kick, puh.

Also I just love Metal Gear ^^

#3- Wipeout HD

-Beating Zico was great challange but doable with some training

-getting the gold medal in some of the last levels on elite was hard

#4- Yakuza 3

A friend gave me the game and also the challenge to complete it because he was so proud of his platinum. Took 100 hours. Only two or three minigames were hard. First I did not know what kind of game it is but now I like Yakuza (3).

#5- Dead Space 2

I know there are some glitches to make the hardcore run easier. But knowing that and not using those give a great feeling :]

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

I only have 13 plats and im only proud of a few so i'll try and think of 5

5 - Rocket league - Unlike other people I didn't cheat this game and earned every trophy through gameplay which took me a while so I guess im fairly proud of this

4 - Minecraft - Took me a few months, not hard at all but I got all of the trophies on a multiplayer server with my friends so this holds a sort of sentimental value

3 - Fifa 14 - I guess im proud of this one because its my rarest plat but definitely not the hardest

2 - Hitman Absolution - This plat was a tricky one. It only taken me 2 weeks but that was putting at least 4 hours into the game everyday

1 - Sims 3 - Ive easily put more than 300 hours into this game and probably around 150 hours into the save that helped get me those last few trophies for the platinum because they took a lot of grinding to do. Out of all of the games I have platinumed, this is the only one which im truly proud of

5.Digimon All-Star Rumble - it has worse grind than any JRPG games I played and finished... just finishing this one makes me feel proud of conquering it... anyone who platted this one deserves a pat in the back...

1L202d54.png

Digimon Master
Unlocked all Trophies.

4. CATHERINE - 2 weeks of nightmares and surviving it with sane mind? who could not be proud of platting this one?

1L9d5f74.png

最高の夜に乾杯! 
トロフィーを全て取得。

3. Velocity 2X - the plat trophy description says it all xD so far my rarest plat to date and it has reason on staying on it for a time now... if Platting Digimon deserves a pat in the back.. anyone who platted this one without breaking a table or two (due to flipping) deserves a hug or even a drink...

1Lc25c88.png

Yippee Kai Yay 

4. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God - what a silly game name - I might not be surprised if you haven't heard of this game. Definitely one of my personal fave game of all time... I enjoyed playing this game and at the same time proud of platting this one (and being the 21st one to get it ;) side note: wow greenzsaber got it first)

1L59f7bc.png

Master of the Way of Curry 
Obtained all the trophies! Yay, you!

1. MURAMASA REBIRTH - if the Fury mode didn't make you furious just once while playing this game, I admire and respect you. Frustrating yet satisfying and fun... one of the best and hardest Vita game I've played and platted. Sooo proud of myself platting this one and better, being the 3rd one to 100% this one (of course the first one is Aexuz-sama)

1Lf681b6.png

Master of the Oboro Style! 
Obtained all trophies!

didn't noticed that I've already posted on this thread half a year ago.. I guess.. update? xD

Edited by JeieeM

I guess this would make up my top 5, in no particular order though...

• Tales of Symphonia - After needing 5+ play through's on this game, having to open every chest in the game, kill every monster in the game, and even see every skit in the game (for those that have played Tales of games knows this is no minor feat), This game was a good 160 hour triumph. 
  • Sports Champions - This game was very difficult and time consuming for me. Plus it's my rarest platinum and one of the rarest ones out there despite how many years ago this game came out. 
  • Killzone 2 - I actually have a full 100% completion on this game. Done with no boosting what so ever either. That elite difficulty and placing in the top 1% on the leader boards were no joke either. 
  • Skyrim - I have a full 100% completion in this game as well. It was a long platinum but a very enjoyable one. I have no idea how many hundreds of hours I placed into this game. 
  • 3D Dot Game Heros - beating the game in Spelunker mode (die in 1 hit), and then having to beat the game without dying at all were 2 tough trophies. Not to mention those mini games were a pain in the butt, and I completed them before they patched them and made them easier to earn top score. 

For me this list is gonna be a little different.

1) God of War series

I'm talking here about 6 different plats. I didn't have much trouble getting these plats but there were some challenges and some places in the main campaign that were really hard to get through but overall, if you have the patience, it's not so bad.

2) Far Cry series

5 games on this list. Whoever got Far Cry 2 plat knows how time consuming it is. Not much to be said here, you either play this game with a friend and boost the mp together or you probably won't get this plat, simple as that.

The other games weren't hard to plat, except for Far Cry 1. It's not a terrible game to do so but if you're not used to FPS it can get quite hard.

3) Bioshock series

These 3 games were absolutely one of the most amazing experiences I had on my PS3. I'm a huge fan of the Bioshock series and getting all 3 plats isn't hard, except maybe for Bioshock 2 mp but even so it's not that difficult.

4) Dead Space series

From this franchise I only played the main series (1,2 and 3). I enjoyed playing Dead Space but to get the plat on Dead Space 2 it took me weeks of trial and error in the hard core difficulty. It's really hard to get this plat...

5) Demon Souls

This game requires a lot of skill, there's no way around it. I enjoyed playing this one but it's quite frustrating. If you do not have the patience to learn how to approach each enemy and trap you'll have a hard time completing the game.

There's no particular order in this list btw.

I would like to leave some honorable mentions in here, games that I plated and enjoyed a lot:

Metro series

Borderlands series (didn't like the first game that much)

Dragon's Dogma

Spec Ops The Line (hated the controls and the AI in this one)

CoD Modern Warfare 2 and 3

Resident Evil HD Remake

Uncharted series (except the Vita one)

Resident Evil 5 and 6

...and that's quite enough I think xD

• Like 1

Well, guess I'll throw my name in the pool. My Top 5 plats in no order:

1.) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

This is my proudest platinum to date. Took me 4+ years to get this one (old PS3 YLOD). Forcing me to start ALL THE WAY OVER FROM SCRATCH!! Everything was wiped. Damn proud when I finally got this one!

2.) Tom Clancy's HAWX

Again, took me 4+ years to pop thanks to my old PS3 YLOD. Never thought I was going to get it, but I caught a group of boosters and finally got that sweet plat!

3.) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Solider

Man, this was a bitch to plat. Needed 8 people to boost the hell out of the MP. Even stood up til 9am the NEXT DAY to boost thanks in largely the group I was boosting with were mostly people on the other side of the world. The XP boost was easy when we discovered that switching the time on the PS3 will next you nearly 4x XP online! The MP is enjoyable and much different from COD. Still play the MP for Future Solider, heck even the SP for it.

4.) Resistance 2

What can I say? This was a great game for the PS3. Never thought I would get this plat after almost 5 years had passed (thanks YLOD). Playing this on the max difficulty's no walk in the park. Then.......................the grind of 10,000 kills!! O.....M.......SIKE!!!! lol the servers gave me close to 6,000+ kills so that was over with quick.

5.) Bayonetta

Once again, another plat that was affected from the YLOD. Took me 7 playthroughs to get this plat, but man was this game fun as hell to play. Thoroughly enjoyed this one from start to finish. 

Honorable mentions:

Battlefield 3

Assassins Creed Brotherhood (Damn AEOTM)

Madden 10 (got this well before they shut down the servers)

Castlevania Lords of Shadows (could've been in the top 5, but didn't feel like I had to overcome a lot like I did with Bayonetta)

Split/Second

Call of Duty World at War (should've been in top 5, but I looked at what I had to overcome to get it, and luckily, this was edged out by Bayonetta)

Batman Arkham Asylum (Damn fine game this one is)

• Like 1

My Top 5 proudest plats are the following:

#5 - BioShock Infinite

Great Game and my personal GotY of 2013. With this game I got into the BioShock franchise and I loved it. Great platinum and I had tons of fun achieving

#4 - BioShock

Did this plat resently, because a friend of mine motivated me to do so. I gave up 2 years ago and picked it up. Man the struggle was real at the beginning with the Big Daddys, but it got easier whilst playing through the story.

#3 - Witcher 3

THE game of 2015 for me. It was a masterpiece and there can't be a game that I will like better this year than Witcher 3. Death March was hard and challenging, but I loved the thrill of it. Great trophies over all and a lot of fun.

#2 - Persona 4 Golden

Another GotY for me. I know that the game didn't release in 2014, but I played it in that year so 2014 GotY award goes to Persona 4 Golden. My first real big RPG and one of the first games I bought with my PSVita. I fell in love with the world of Persona 4, because it was something I had never played before. The time passed really quickly and I got the platinum. Thanks to a certain friend I could get it, because I couldn't handle the game at first. Looking forward to Persona 5.

#1 - Lego Rockband

The hardest platinum I've ever achieved. The final countdown solo was extremely difficult and I tried hundreds of times until I succeded. A friend of mine tought my one or two techniques and I practiced like hell. I love music games, but I wouldn't to the plat again, because it was that hard.

• Like 1

5- FIFA 15: I started trophy hunting with this game so it must be in this list!

4- Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: After over I year I decided to play and 100% this game and I wish I could do the plat another time to enjoy this game again!

3- Far Cry 3: Easily my favorite offline based Open-World game. The story, the characters, the environment, the possibility to choose a playing style (stealth/rambo) and the Skrillex mission! I can't find bad thing about this game! That's why it's my 3rd proudest plat!

2- Mirror's Edge: I always heard about this game being really hard so I decided to accept the challenge and I did it without any type of videos or guide. (Off-topic: One day I'll buy the DLC and try to 100% it)

1- Grand Theft Auto V: I was yet to join the Trophy Hunting community and I decided to earn all the trophies for it since every time I searched in-game cheats I always saw trophy related stuff. I didn't know there was Trophy guide and collectables guides so I had to do everything on my own and that's is why it's my proudest Platinum!

Edited by Winston
  • Like 2

1. Medal of Honor: Frontline

Really challenging old school remastered shooter. One of my three Ultra Rare plats, probably the most difficult Plat I've gotten

2. XCOM Enemy Within

Wasn't patient enough for EU but managed to get EW. Army of Four trophy was pretty challenging.

3. Batman Arkham City

Very demanding game with the New Game +, Riddler trophies and challenges/campaigns. I preferred Asylum but the challenges were more challenging in City

4. Driver San Fransisco

Another Ultra Rare, awesome game, some tricky online trophies - not boosted

5. Spec Ops the Line

FUBAR is no joke. The second most challenging shooter on my trophy list after MoH:F

1. Red Dead Redemption - Played this game on and off for a while, finally decided that I would try and get through the multiplayer elements even though there was barely anyone online and there were a few glitches. Ended up getting it done after a fair bit of grinding.

2. Grand Theft Auto V - Picked this game up at release, lots of grinding and fun went into this game. Proud of this because the game sits at a 2.33% Plat rate currently.

3. Fallout 3 - After 3 months of playing and a few separate playthroughs I was able to attain this Platinum. I recommend it to anyone that wants a challenge without having to play on a crazy difficulty (Looking at you Fallout New Vegas)

4. Band Hero - Although this is one of the lesser games in the music game genre I'm proud of this Platinum because it's the only one I've played to completion as of yet.

5. Army of Two: Devil's Cartel - Played this game with my best friend, lot's of laughs and intense gun fights were had, the last mission on Insane difficulty was crazy but we managed to get through it.

• 2 weeks later...

1. The Crew (that damned pvp trophy, pvp servers in that game is very very very bad)

2. Destiny (raids are difficult for me)

3. 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (not very difficult but time consuming due boosting low stars countries to the world cup)

4. FMC 2015 (very time consuming, I used my Vita and my PC to achieve the trophies much quicker)

5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (damned 91 trophies lol :P) or FIFA 15 (because of Extra Effort trophy, FIFA fans will understand me)

• 10 months later...

In no particular order, factoring in difficulty and enjoyability in various degrees.

1. OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood

Very unforgiving skateboarding game that requires lots of practice and precision on your part. Not very easy on your eye after an hour or so of playing, either, since everything moves so fast... despite this I actually loved this game for providing a difficult (but fair) challenge without any RNG shenanigans.

2. Persona 4 Golden

I wouldn't say this one is that tough if you followed the trophy guide from the start, but when I started playing this I didn't really care for trophies so when I wanted to complete and then platinum the game later I had to backtrack quite a bit and go through multiple (2+ playthroughs), though I didn't really mind because this is a fantastic game.

3. Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

One of the best games I've ever played, with some challenging trophies to boot. Death March was a fair challenge after enjoying the game in first playthrough and learning and getting used to the game's mechanics.

4. Final Fantasy X

That chocobo rider 0:0:0 was a bitch when I tried to plat this for the first time over a year ago, took the entire fucking day with no luck. Honestly, if you can get past this shit show you can get the platinum trophy as long as you don't mind the post-game grinding.

5. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Just got this one today actually. This one might not actually be that bad if you know what you're doing, but since I didn't, I struggled post-game on what to do after the main story and I had to read lots of tips online scattered across to get some clues (finding out I had to grind a lot, first of all). If the grinding isn't bad enough there are few trophies at the end that will test your thinking skills irrespective of how beefed up your characters are, namely Commando King and the gold reverse pirate trophy.

Honorable Mentions: Uncharted and Uncharted 2 Remastered - Crushing difficulty is a huge step up from Hard, but I love these games so I took on the challenge.

Edited by jaehyun1009

In no particular order:

1) Gta5

Wasn't hard or anything but the fact that I clocked in about 550hrs according to rockstar social club is insane! I've never ever spent so much time on a single game like that. Heck skyrim took me 121 total and I took my time there.

2)Vanquish

This game had its frustrating moments from collecting the stupid statues to beating the campaign on hard. Then came the infamous challenge 6.. It was so weird. I've never surpassed waves 4-6 ever after many ludicrous attempts and always died between waves 2-3 but somehow one day, I came from school and BAM, first tried it. The game itself was meh, but the challenge was awesome.

3) [PROTOTYPE]™

now this game wasnt that challenging persay but very grindy. The only reason it's here is because of its stupid collectibles. Do you see a pattern here? Me and collectibles just can't get along :/. I printed a map and scratched the little orbs as I collected them. 199 orbs later, I checked the map only to see I scratched all of them 0.0... I was about to quit the game and never return which I did. I came back to it one day and was roaming around and behold! I found the last orb by luck! Damn did that make me happy or what? :D

4) MW2

Ahh yes, one of my favourite platinums and one of my first. I remember back when I used to suck at it and I would always play with friends trying to beat spec ops together. Fun times. I remember beating infinity wards record in the prison level as I got 14 secs while they got 17. Same for snatch and grab, I had about a little over 2 mins since I speedran those two maps after lookin up guides. Also the high explosives mission was soo tough! Thanks to many videos online, I learned how to headshot them for one hit kills. Good times.

5) Mirror's Edge

My proudest one yet! I love this game so much! It's so beautiful from its aesthetics, feeling of freedom as you traverse rooftops while free flowing with the awesome solar fields track playing, as your heart begins to pump and your hands grabbing the controller becomes sweaty, attempting to speedrun the game. I even went ahead and got all 99 stars despite the trophy requiring 90 stars only. So much fun and can't wait to get my hands on Catalyst once I get a ps4.

Honorable mentions:

Mw3, Batman origins ( don't die once in the game plus the online..), spec ops the line(FUBAR nuff said..), dishonored( lol, just laughed at this due to being it among the Honorable mentions :P).

That's all for me! :D

• Like 1

No particular order.

• Soul Sacrifice
  • Freedom Wars
  • Guacamelee!
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • LittleBigPlanet 2

I don't plat a lot of hard games~

Most plats are of games I love or enjoyed enough to plat. [even Last Rebellion I liked, even if it's awful] Usually don't enjoy being frustrated, if I am for too long I tend to drop a game completely.

Edited by Elvick_

Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Not that because of RNG but that l am a huge fan of Dragon Ball and despite everybody's bitching about RNG, l had a blast. I did not feel like a chore. If Xenoverse 2 is going to be like that, l would have no problem with that.  

The Last of Us Remastered. 

It is a masterpiece. Not really challencing but an awesome game and a bit time consuming.

Bloodborne.

Title should speak for itself. It is god damn Bloodborne afterall! That chalice dungeons.

The Witcher III

You do feel proud when you pour 100 hours into game and ending up missing a gwent card so you go ng+ to get it till the late game.

Prince of Persia : Warrior Within

Beating Dahake on hard difficulty was some serious shit but as a PoP fan it was doable to me.

1. WWE 2K15

This is my favorite Platinum up-to-date. The Trophy Image is creative, and it's the best I've ever seen.

I have been struggling with some online trophies:  :gold: A winner is you :bronze: Now that was a match! I got a friend to help me, and it worked successfully. I can't thank him enough for what he has done for me. It was my first WWE game and it was very fun playing the 2K Showcases and other modes in the game. My friend and I could play online together for fun, and for trophies!

2. FIFA 15

Also my second Platinum :D. I was really happy and excited to get this plat after earning the "So-called"  :silver: Challenging Trophy (The worst Trophy FIFA 14 & FIFA 15 could ever have). I already knew that the plat would be mine the moment I earned it. I loved the gameplay. The game was really fun, I enjoyed it as well.

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum

Of course, why would I ever forget this game? This was my first PS3 game. I played it a lot in December 2013. The story is amazing, the gameplay is awesome and the graphics are intense! After borrowing my cousin this game and found this site, I found out how easy the plat would be. I got it back in December 2015, and started playing it to get rid of the trophies I didn't earn before. I finished all the Riddler trophies, I finished the game on Hard, I got all 24 medals in the Predator Challenges, then the Combat Challenges happened :rolleyes:. I only got 8/24 in January, then I gave up, only leaving me with 5 trophies left for the Platinum. I came back for it in May, I watched some guides, then I completed them all and finally got my beautiful :platinum:.

4. WATCH DOGS

I always wanted to get this game after checking it out on some Game Magazines. I got it in June 2014. I didn't have enough time to play it because of school, but I loved the gameplay, the missions, etc. I actually ditched this game, then I came back for it in January 2016. I went back to school, and got the Plat in April. I enjoyed getting the :bronze: Social Lubricant Trophy, although I heard how hard it was. The trophy wasn't as bad as the challenges in Batman. The side missions were awesome, I played the game with my time. I also love the collectible trophies in the game. This is currently the best Ubisoft game I've ever played :eyebrow:.

5. The Last of Us

This game was also one of the best. I got it in January 2015. The story was awesome, but I got freaked out by the Clickers, and stopped playing it. In August, I checked for guides. I got some collectible trophies, like the Conversations, Firefly Pendants, Artifacts, Comics, etc. I went back to school and got back to it in December. I finished the game on Hard +, I opened all Shiv Doors, then I went for the Survivor + playthrough. I played online for the first time, and it was pretty much laggy (There was a cable symbol on the center of the screen, which I didn't know what it was; I still don't know though). I failed at week 6. I checked a guide, and restarted again, I completed all weeks for the Hunter. I was only left with the Firefly. I was interrupted with FIFA 16, then I came back for The Last of Us at the end of that year. Since my first trophy was on the 3rd of January, I also wanted to earn the platinum on the 3rd of January in 2016, but I couldn't wait to earn this platinum. I think I should go back for the DLC trophies. :hmm: 

Honorable Mentions:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.    

• Like 2