16 trophies with a platinum?

four-iguy

Im surprised how many times it has to be explained to people that it is the TOTAL VALUE of the trophies in a game that determines whether it has a platinum and not the NUMBER of trophies.

if i have sixteen dollars its still more than 32 nickels

(I translated that into your american monies for you - y'welcome ;) )

So the devs can put any type of trophy they want into the game?

Let's just (for funsies) add trophies then if 16 isn't enough.

Maybe...

-Beat the game in 90 minutes (yikes!)

-Throw a bomb (at Yorda)

-Defeat 666 shadows (why not 777?)

-Beat the game without using torches (lol, no)

-Watch Yorda be sucked into oblivion 1000 times (I'd enjoy every minute of this.)

not a whole lot of content, therefore, not a lot of trophies. However, Sony (team ICO) felt that it needed a plat, so it got one, end of story.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Exactly. They must just have a totalscore about ~1150 or more, for a platinum.

Sony has nothing to do with it.

Probably the console itself even doesnt "know" what she is doing when a trophie pops.

Like the game is just saying "Ey, bitch, pop dat trophy, now!"

Its the same on XBox. The game just needs 1000GS http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/need-for-speed-most-wanted/achievements/

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

Let's just (for funsies) add trophies then if 16 isn't enough.

Maybe...

-Beat the game in 90 minutes (yikes!)

-Throw a bomb (at Yorda)

-Defeat 666 shadows (why not 777?)

-Beat the game without using torches (lol, no)

-Watch Yorda be sucked into oblivion 1000 times (I'd enjoy every minute of this.)

not a whole lot of content, therefore, not a lot of trophies. However, Sony (team ICO) felt that it needed a plat, so it got one, end of story.

Watching Yorda be sucked into oblivion 1,000 times would be the most enjoyable grind I've ever done dood xD

• Like 2

I think it's obvious that they were struggling to come up with objectives for trophies for this game. Most trophies are gold, and most trophies are trivial, yet the total is so small, just to achieve the amount of trophy points for a retail game. And then they come up with the time limit thing, which ruins the game completely.

This game is not meant to "achieve" stuff in a planned manner, you are supposed to make it your own experience.

Why don't games like Octodad have a platinum then? 

Couldn't they take 4 bronze trophies and make them silver, and 10 bronze and make them gold? for no reason other then they wanted to? 

Sony determines if a game has "enough content" to have a platinum trophy or not prior to the list being fully published by the developer.

Sony determines if a game has "enough content" to have a platinum trophy or not prior to the list being fully published by the developer.

Yeah I know. 

But I don't understand how a game that can only muster 11 trophies has enough content to have a plat. 

Yet a game that can muster 20, doesn't have enough content to have a plat. 

Yeah I know. 

But I don't understand how a game that can only muster 11 trophies has enough content to have a plat. 

Yeah it mostly just depends on how the developer wants to use the points for the game. For example, The Last of Us definitely has enough content for 50 trophies but I guess they just decided to make each trophy "rare" in the sense that each of them take hours to get.

Yeah it mostly just depends on how the developer wants to use the points for the game. For example, The Last of Us definitely has enough content for 50 trophies but I guess they just decided to make each trophy "rare" in the sense that each of them take hours to get.

Sure that makes sense. 

It just seems inconsistent a lot of the time. 

Not exactly - they have to agree with Sony whether a game gets a 'full' list or a 'short' list - a full list must be between 1120 and i think 1300 and will include a platinum.

A short list must be between 275 and i think 450 and wont include one.

Those values are probably not quite accurate, but its there or there abouts.

The maximum is probably more important than the minimum - otherwise some games might put like 10,000 trophies in a shitty game just to get the trophy hunters to buy it

• 5 years later...
9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah I know. 

My, my. The halcyon times of yore, before the dark days of...Ratalaika!

Come on now, you've played a decent amount of Ratalaika games.

...and yet 16 trophies are more than it deserves. The game is so bad in many ways, I'm gonna have to force myself to plat' it, and I can tell you that I don't usually fully force myself into platting a game

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

Come on now, you've played a decent amount of Ratalaika games.

A ton of them! And I've defended a good number of them as well!

But it's funny to see comments like that, you have to admit.

14 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

...and yet 16 trophies are more than it deserves. The game is so bad in many ways, I'm gonna have to force myself to plat', and I can tell you that I don't usually fully force myself into plat' a game

Amen to that. I play this game on 6-year intervals.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2