Longer game

seaturtle400

• 2 months later...

Same, loved it. Have you tried Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons? You might like it. It was free for Plus last year, I think. You might like it as well.

I liked this game a whole lot more than Brothers, but I thought Brothers was pretty bad. Brothers was way too easy, not saying this game was much better in that aspect, but the easy puzzles felt more like small hinders that took me literally like max 1-2 seconds to figure out what to do next and then you had to do some chores before you got further. Didn't really feel that before near the end of this game, while I felt that throughout the entire game of Brothers. Brothers were copying ICO too much as well (in many aspects), but ICO did it much better. In any case, this game were riddled with bugs and glitches. Had it run smoother, it would have been a great game, but as it was, it were just decent in that aspect. It did everything else it set out to do very well though. I enjoyed everything from the story to the "insight" clips. :) Very much in the mood for those insight clips after listening to some somewhat related audio books recently.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

How long is the Add-on? I honestly didn't expect this game to get one.

Took only 50 mins or so to get all trophies. All collectibles are really easy to find too. There's only 5 of them and 2 of them are automatically unlocked at the beginning and at the end.

It's really short, If you pick up the collectibles on your way (they aren't too well hidden) it will only take about 30 minutes.

Took me about 45 minutes, but that's because I let my 3 year old mess about with some of the parts.

Was a bit disappointed with the length of it to be honest, but it was a nice little story.

Edited by Ric

Took me about 50 minutes overall, taking my time and actually watching the cultural insights. Loved it, but then again I'm a history lover so how can I not love it :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this game a whole lot more than Brothers, but I thought Brothers was pretty bad. Brothers was way too easy, not saying this game was much better in that aspect, but the easy puzzles felt more like small hinders that took me literally like max 1-2 seconds to figure out what to do next and then you had to do some chores before you got further. Didn't really feel that before near the end of this game, while I felt that throughout the entire game of Brothers. Brothers were copying ICO too much as well (in many aspects), but ICO did it much better. In any case, this game were riddled with bugs and glitches. Had it run smoother, it would have been a great game, but as it was, it were just decent in that aspect. It did everything else it set out to do very well though. I enjoyed everything from the story to the "insight" clips. :) Very much in the mood for those insight clips after listening to some somewhat related audio books recently.

Lol, Brothers is one of my favorite games from 2013 (it was released in 2013, right?)

Brothers kind of makes you feel something whereas in this game (Never Alone) I didn't feel conneccted with the characters at all. If the wolf were to die, so what?

IMHO Brothers had a better story and gameplay by far, but I do appreciate what they were trying to achieve with Never alone. That is, educating people on the culture of Inuit peoples.

The DLC episode (fox tales) wasn't impressive at all. I encountered some bugs that hampered the experience and the gameplay was repetitive and boring.

So all in all, it's a nice idea and mediocre execution.

EDIT: On topic, I thought it was long enough.

Edited by ID-69

Lol, Brothers is one of my favorite games from 2013 (it was released in 2013, right?)

Brothers kind of makes you feel something whereas in this game (Never Alone) I didn't feel conneccted with the characters at all. If the wolf were to die, so what?

IMHO Brothers had a better story and gameplay by far, but I do appreciate what they were trying to achieve with Never alone. That is, educating people on the culture of Inuit peoples.

The DLC episode (fox tales) wasn't impressive at all. I encountered some bugs that hampered the experience and the gameplay was repetitive and boring.

So all in all, it's a nice idea and mediocre execution.

EDIT: On topic, I thought it was long enough.

You may have liked the story in Brother, even if there's not a whole lot of it there except for the beginning and the end. I didn't find it all that great to be honest, but that wasn't my big complaint with the game. The game was boring. The puzzles were too easy and too much of a hinder all the time. It just felt like a chore. The game also very much copied ICO without being anywhere near as good in terms of the puzzles or the atmosphere etc.

If you like this genre though, there's lots of better PS1 games like this. Heart of Darkness, Oddworld 1 and 2 (first game has been remade for PS4, totally worth checking out), Sheep Dog n Wolf (Sheep Raider in NA), Tombi!/Tomba! 1 and 2 (is also Adventure/RPG). Just to mention some few. ;) When you've been spoiled with such games, Brothers is just a boring chore with some pretty forced "sad" moments at the beginning and end of the story.

I'm not saying Never Alone was some amazing game, but rather than it wasn't as bad as Brothers.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Today wanted to finish the foxtales expansion but now have the problem that the boat is stuck.

Child can do the rowing gestures but nothing happens and there is no barrier under water or such thing.

Started checkpoint again and again, started chapter again.. but there is no rowing, only the gesture.

Now deleted the game and downloading new atm...hope it´ll do then.

• 3 weeks later...

Today wanted to finish the foxtales expansion but now have the problem that the boat is stuck.

Child can do the rowing gestures but nothing happens and there is no barrier under water or such thing.

Started checkpoint again and again, started chapter again.. but there is no rowing, only the gesture.

Now deleted the game and downloading new atm...hope it´ll do then.

The DLC was garbage. :P