UEFA Champions League

GRITTY_PITTY

UEFA Champions League  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League?

Their chances are as good as Bayern's at making a comeback (on that topic, the poll results are hilarious after their match against Barcelona). Real played awful, yet they almost tied (and won) that game. Juventus is really nowhere near the other 3 teams, even if they're decimated by injuries. Shows just how bad Italian football has become. Still, knowing Real and their love to fucking everything up (especially when defending), I can see Juventus being crowned the biggest European Cup Final losers, finally beating bitter rival Benfica for the spot so they can reign at the top.

Real are hardly decimated by injuries and they deserved to lose against Juventus, who were superior on the day. In fairness, Juventus have a great team and are a match for anyone.

Total credit to Messi for that amazing goal, but  watching the repeat over and over again, Boateng strategy was really try to kick the ball instead of going shoulder to shoulder??

OP, Juventus has (as almost every italian team) great defense strategy but Real Madrid did a lot to win the match, even playing ugly, cough Ramos midfielder cough, maybe a tie would be more fair but Juventus doing more that Madrid that day to deserve the win??? I don't think so.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Real are hardly decimated by injuries and they deserved to lose against Juventus, who were superior on the day. In fairness, Juventus have a great team and are a match for anyone.

Seeing how they lack any proper midfield - yes, they are lol. Unless you think reinforcing your midfield with Ramos means you're on top-shape, which would be hilarious.

ummmmmm Juventus beat Real Madrid fair and square yet you say that garbage... Juventus are a world class team which they have proved all season, and they beat Real without their engine Paul Pogba.

Never said they didn't win fair and square. This isn't Chelsea - Barcelona from 2009. They simply didn't play well. The match was full of fuck-ups from both sides, Real's being more blatant. The first goal came from a gigantic hole in defence, and any competent player would've taken advantage of it. Outside of that and the penalty, Juventus hardly did jack. They tried and pushed but it hardly amounted to anything. They looked fairly disorganized up-top at times, and very uncreative, especially Pirlo. Had Real Madrid had a proper midfield and their players playing more creatively, Juventus would've gone down the same way as Bayern if not worse.

Either way, if the way Juve played was world class, then god help us, for in-form Barcelona and Real Madrid squads aren't bound to this physical dimension.

Edited by Nagflar

Seeing how they lack any proper midfield - yes, they are lol. Unless you think reinforcing your midfield with Ramos means you're on top-shape, which would be hilarious.

Never said they didn't win fair and square. This isn't Chelsea - Barcelona from 2009. They simply didn't play well. The match was full of fuck-ups from both sides, Real's being more blatant. The first goal came from a gigantic hole in defence, and any competent player would've taken advantage of it. Outside of that and the penalty, Juventus hardly did jack. They tried and pushed but it hardly amounted to anything. They looked fairly disorganized up-top at times, and very uncreative, especially Pirlo. Had Real Madrid had a proper midfield and their players playing more creatively, Juventus would've gone down the same way as Bayern if not worse.

Either way, if the way Juve played was world class, then god help us, for in-form Barcelona and Real Madrid squads aren't bound to this physical dimension.

Juventus won the match, say what you like theu were the better team and deserving winners. You talk as if the entire Madrid midfield was out, they were missing Modric in midfield that it lol...

Define a "proper" midfield. How in the fuck is a midfield consisting of Kroos, James, Bale and Isco not a proper midfield? Ramos was played between the lines of a defensive midfielder and a centre-back to help cover the space whenever Juventus were on the break - it was a tactical decision. 

If anything they were lacking a proper striker, which more than likely cost them the match, not this apparent lack of a midfield you're harping on about. 

Also, "fuck-ups" and "gigantic" holes are not just part of the game - they are the game. How can every player in every single match play an absolutely flawless game? It's impossible. It isn't FIFA, pressure, a long season, travelling, formation switches, etc all play a part in how a player performs. To merely say that a "competent" player would put it away is simply ridiculous; obviously all of the men playing in that match are competent footballers, otherwise they wouldn't be playing in the Champions League semi-final and representing two of the most famous clubs in history.

Also, the only established first-team midfielder Madrid were missing was Modric. Juventus were missing Pogba. So, it's tic for tac on that one. 

• Like 1

And to that point, Juve were missing Pogba who is arguably more important to his team than Modric is, i dont see why players should be an excuse when Real's squad cost 3x what Juve's does....

Cost means jack, look at Tottenham and how much they paid for who they did with the money they earned from Bale. Besides, it's not like Pogba's the only good player they have nor the team's flag. Tevez and Pirlo have played a huge part in the team's success, not to mention their defence. They also have very competent and skilled players in the squad as it is, so playing the "THEY HAVE A BIGGER BUDGET!" card here is moronic.

Define a "proper" midfield. How in the fuck is a midfield consisting of Kroos, James, Bale and Isco not a proper midfield? Ramos was played between the lines of a defensive midfielder and a centre-back to help cover the space whenever Juventus were on the break - it was a tactical decision. 

If anything they were lacking a proper striker, which more than likely cost them the match, not this apparent lack of a midfield you're harping on about. 

Also, "fuck-ups" and "gigantic" holes are not just part of the game - they are the game. How can every player in every single match play an absolutely flawless game? It's impossible. It isn't FIFA, pressure, a long season, travelling, formation switches, etc all play a part in how a player performs. To merely say that a "competent" player would put it away is simply ridiculous; obviously all of the men playing in that match are competent footballers, otherwise they wouldn't be playing in the Champions League semi-final and representing two of the most famous clubs in history.

Also, the only established first-team midfielder Madrid were missing was Modric. Juventus were missing Pogba. So, it's tic for tac on that one. 

A midfield without any proper structure matters a shitton. There was no one organizing anything, and Isco, James and Bale (who was way up-front in the first place) were not distributing balls nor organizing plays, especially considering James and Isco were way too close to the wings. Had there been anyone distributing balls and organizing play, the striker issue wouldn't have mattered at all, not with the players they have. There was no structure for gameplay, and Ramos's addition to the midfield ended up being a liability in that regard.

I'm not an imbecile Gota, I know that shit. I've actually kicked a ball and played football in my life, you know? I'm not some basement dweller who only played FIFA - to even bring that up is insulting.

Funny you say that, because there are actually some pretty incompetent players in the semi-finals. Boateng and Pepe being the first that come to mind - funnily enough, Pepe is also partly to blame for that gigantic hole, and to make things even funnier, Ramos too, who was on midfield.

Have you seen Madrid play at all during the season? As in, all season-long? Not just a couple Champions League matches? The moment Modric went down the midfield became lackluster. Isco and James would ocasionally work as replacement (as in proper replacements in the midfield - not as wingers, that's different), but it was an on and off thing that mostly relied on Ronaldo, which became pretty apparent as soon as the winter break was over and they started fucking up. When he came back they got back their momentum, then he got injured again and they've been struggling ever since. Ramos has been used in the midfield a baffling two times, both this week, both against competitive teams, and both times the team lacked proper organization, game building and what-not, and the defence has suffered a crapton from it, what with Pepe and Marcelo being so bloody average when it comes to that, and Carvajal and Varane being so erratic at times. Juventus won fair and square, but they didn't exactly look good when doing it. More than them deserving it for their own merits, it's Real Madrid's demerits that allowed them to win - they just took advantage of their chances.

On the other side, Pogba's loss hasn't caused them as many issues. They've won the Serie A with ease again (surely no illegal transactions were  involved this time around :lol:) and they've still got a gamebuilding machine named Pirlo (who didn't really play well but still did a better job than Kroos and Ramos).

Anyway, we'll see what happens at Bernabeu. Knowing Real, they'll fuck it up, but at this pace Barcelona will demolish Juventus at Berlin, and that's pretty much guaranteed.

Edited by Nagflar

The final has to be Barcelona- Real Madrid. The biggest El Clasico ever with the two best player ever. Imagine that scenario :o

And of Course this will not be the final >.< now as an Italian guy I have to support Juventus :) Edited by pese-97
  • Like 1

I was slightly disappointed with Juve last night. I thought that they were better suited to play Barca than Madrid but after last night I'm not sure. They did improve when they went to their normal system of 3 at the back 

I was slightly disappointed with Juve last night. I thought that they were better suited to play Barca than Madrid but after last night I'm not sure. They did improve when they went to their normal system of 3 at the back

Juventus went there to defend and they did that extremely well, only conceding to a penalty. Barcelona are the obvious favourites but i think Juventus will make a real match of it, Pirlo and Buffon are returning to the Olympiastadion where they won the 2006 FIFA World Cup too. Edited by The German Eagle

Ancelloti right now "Oh shit, I'm gonna get sacked" lol

Didn't watch the match, but if Juventus drew 1-1 at Madrid, they must have defended well. Too bad we won't get to see an El Clasico, Barca vs Juventus should be good. I just hope it will end in normal time though. 

Hala Madrid!

As expected, Real fucked it up. Now for Juventus to become the record-holder for most European Cup finals lost.

Barca should really win this final comfortably if they play to their best as Real would have if they were on form!! Barca are clearly the best side out there currently, player for player and as a unit.

No kidding, and unlike Real they're one freaking lucky team lol.

As a german I would have liked to see Bayern in the final, but they were pretty ineffective regarding their big scoring-chances, so Barcelona going to the final in Berlin is more than ok.

I'm actually kind of glad this time. I already bought a concert ticket for Eagles of Death Metal for June 6th before realising it's the day of the final. Now I can go there without worrying :)

Hope that Barca wins, though - for the sake of their german keeper, ter Stegen, of course :)

Edited by dalailama1989
  • Like 1

Juventus went there to defend and they did that extremely well, only conceding to a penalty. Barcelona are the obvious favourites but i think Juventus will make a real match of it, Pirlo and Buffon are returning to the Olympiastadion where they won the 2006 FIFA World Cup too.

I don't think that they defended to their usual standards whilst playing the 442 and it seemed to overwhelm Pirlo and nullified Tevez. If Allegri chooses to use the 442 against Barca I don't see it being a close game

I don't think that they defended to their usual standards whilst playing the 442 and it seemed to overwhelm Pirlo and nullified Tevez. If Allegri chooses to use the 442 against Barca I don't see it being a close game

I think they played a 4-3-3 but Pirlo was sitting very deep, Pogba and Vidal playing box to box.. but i know what you mean the midfield and attack of Juve were struggling to have much of an impact besides a few patches of attack, Pirlo for example had no shots so you are spot on there too. I can see Barcelona breaking down Juve if they sit too deep so i think the midfield will have to have a huge game. I am so impressed with how composed and intelligent Pogba is at such a young age. And Vidal is an absolute work horse hecovers every blade of grass, i think we (Man Utd) need to buy Vidal, we were rumoured to be interested a while ago.

I'm very happy about the final, didn't wanna see an el classico...They play each other at least twice a season. And although i love the style of play, you often see the ugly side to football when they meet, i.e. diving, faking injuries, calling for other players to get sent off etc. In terms of the final, i can't wait, barca have been phenomenal to watch, and i've been loving juve this season, got a feeling they'll win it.

Real did nothing yesterday to get the ticket to the final, maybe the worst was Kroos, so much passivity, no hunger for glory, the goal was his fault, so weak in the mark, then shooting twice SO weak, anyway, maybe Juve can do something against barza, maybe.

• Like 1