Challenge Maps

For me the challenges were better than the actual game.

Throwing knives have the same range as the pistol and gives you 300 points more!

I enjoyed the campaign too, can't really complain given the low RRP.

Sure about the throwing knives?   Maybe at close to mid range, but I've head popped enemies from a fair distance using the pistol...

I enjoyed the campaign too, can't really complain given the low RRP.

Sure about the throwing knives?   Maybe at close to mid range, but I've head popped enemies from a fair distance using the pistol...

They are good until mid range. I forgot how overpowered the pistol in this game is. 

I went through the campaign only using the pistol, except with the shotgunners, Super Soldats and the boss. Really OP.  :D

The bridge was my hardest to this point.

Stupid dog killed me more times than anything on my Uber playthrough. Frustratingly annoying when you have to do the whole thing all over from there. Baiting it between the two square sign things on the sides of the bridge while using the supersoldier mini gun worked the best I think, he kills you too quickly otherwise.

I completely missed with the kamfpistole rocket on my successful run and nearly panicked thinking I was screwed. Took him out using the sign things to trap him even though my previous attempts he killed me fast doing that.

Luckily the next part was easy if you keep up with the spawns and don't let them try to get close.

I kind of wish perks carried over into the challenges, only because you run so dang slow with the mini gun that switching weapons does wonders.

5 more left. Cable car might give me issues, but hopefully the others go smoother. Caves and Graveyard could take me a while too.

Edited by Snake2410

stuck on the bridge cant kill the stupid dog !

Each side of the section that the dog comes out on has a bunch of vertically standing thin cover spots (facing the area it comes out, they are along the sides to the left and right of you).

Pick up the supersoldier gun and take cover behind the one closest to you, then bait the dog into coming after you so it gets stopped by the barrier. While it's momentarily stuck move all the way to the one farthest from it on the same side, making sure to stay behind the barriers I mentioned.

The whole time fire the mini gun at the dog. As long as you get it stuck twice it should die before it runs a third time. It seemed to work for me every time I tried it. You can also soften it up with your only kamfpistole shot to make it easier, just make sure you can pick the mini gun up again.

You just need to make sure to move the farthest away from it you can while still behind the barriers while shooting at it or it'll kill you quick.

stuck on the bridge cant kill the stupid dog !

Each side of the section that the dog comes out on has a bunch of vertically standing thin cover spots (facing the area it comes out, they are along the sides to the left and right of you).

Pick up the supersoldier gun and take cover behind the one closest to you, then bait the dog into coming after you so it gets stopped by the barrier. While it's momentarily stuck move all the way to the one farthest from it on the same side, making sure to stay behind the barriers I mentioned.

The whole time fire the mini gun at the dog. As long as you get it stuck twice it should die before it runs a third time. It seemed to work for me every time I tried it. You can also soften it up with your only kamfpistole shot to make it easier, just make sure you can pick the mini gun up again.

You just need to make sure to move the farthest away from it you can while still behind the barriers while shooting at it or it'll kill you quick.

If you need another strategy, pick up the mini gun, stand near and to the side of the barricade the dog breaks through, fight it out in the open moving around  the dog in a circular pattern whilst aiming for the head when possible, mini gun takes it down very quickly, just don't stand still and you should be fine.  I did this on Uber, dog perished in seconds.  :)

If you need another strategy, pick up the mini gun, stand near and to the side of the barricade the dog breaks through, fight it out in the open moving around the dog in a circular pattern whilst aiming for the head when possible, mini gun takes it down very quickly, just don't stand still and you should be fine. I did this on Uber, dog perished in seconds. :)

My biggest problem with doing that is the dog moves a lot faster than you when you carry that gun. I could never circle fast enough without it killing me. The cover is a little safer. But not everything works the same for everyone, this is a good alternative. Hopefully one of the 2 will help.

My biggest problem with doing that is the dog moves a lot faster than you when you carry that gun. I could never circle fast enough without it killing me. The cover is a little safer. But not everything works the same for everyone, this is a good alternative. Hopefully one of the 2 will help.

No worries Snake, whatever works for you.  I actually kept fairly close to the dog, it's quick but not particularly agile I found, so it had trouble getting a line of sight on me if I kept moving towards it's side.     Good luck!  :) 

The cave one is probably the hardest because you have to know that alerting the furthest commander after killing as many guards as possible will spawn more guards, but if you don't get enough headshots and combos while also having those extra guards, your score will be too low.

For the guys you can't kill with a silenced pistol in one head shot, use a throwing knife. For the shotgun guards, use your rifle to one shot their tanks. You'll get an explosive kill bonus.

Also no point on playing on Uber because it will increase the amount of damage you take by a lot, while spawning same amount of guards as I Am Death Incarnate.

• Like 1

The cave one is probably the hardest because you have to know that alerting the furthest commander after killing as many guards as possible will spawn more guards, but if you don't get enough headshots and combos while also having those extra guards, your score will be too low.

For the guys you can't kill with a silenced pistol in one head shot, use a throwing knife. For the shotgun guards, use your rifle to one shot their tanks. You'll get an explosive kill bonus.

Also no point on playing on Uber because it will increase the amount of damage you take by a lot, while spawning same amount of guards as I Am Death Incarnate.

I found the cave to be the easiest one for me. It took me two tries, but only because I accidentally killed the commander on the second section too early. But never died and only missed the points on my first attempt by 2 headshot kills.

All I did was stealth the first two guys using throwing knives, didn't even headshot with them. Making sure the second guy was killed before he got past the gap where the shotgunner patrols. Then when the shotgunner had his back to me I blew him up. Proceeded to take out all the rest with headshots until it was just commanders.

Second area I stealth killed everyone with throwing knives until the shotgunner, popped him in the back to blow him up. Then moved up the rest of the way and headshot everyone that came out, avoiding the commander until last.

When it cooled down I lured out the supersoldier after grabbing the mounted mini gun, taking out the 2 guys that spawn below when you mount it. Proceeded to mini gun the supersoldier until he blew up, rather than tear his armor off.

From there I killed the commander (he had hid around the corner where the supersoldier comes from for me). After that I ran towards the elevator and used the mini gun to blow up the drones. Once I got to the elevator I headshot/grenade pistoled the guys coming from the door you came from.

After they seemed to stop coming I ran back down and cleared out everyone else (since it seemed to spawn 3 waves, one every time you went to the elevator). Then exited. Had somewhere between 1k to 3k more points than I needed for gold. And I didn't even hit every headshot.

No worries Snake, whatever works for you. I actually kept fairly close to the dog, it's quick but not particularly agile I found, so it had trouble getting a line of sight on me if I kept moving towards it's side. Good luck! :)

I managed the bridge a few days ago using the strategy I posted so no worries. I just have 2 left, the prison dock and the castle foyer. Both seem like they shouldn't give me much trouble once I get around to doing them. The strategies I'm seeing are pretty much spot on with what I did in the campaign on Uber so it should be easy from here I think.

Edited by Snake2410

I managed the bridge a few days ago using the strategy I posted so no worries. I just have 2 left, the prison dock and the castle foyer. Both seem like they shouldn't give me much trouble once I get around to doing them. The strategies I'm seeing are pretty much spot on with what I did in the campaign on Uber so it should be easy from here I think.

Ah, wasn't paying attention there Snake,  glad faisal managed to beat it anyway.  The dock & foyer should be relatively easy if you've finished the rest!

Ah, wasn't paying attention there Snake, glad faisal managed to beat it anyway. The dock & foyer should be relatively easy if you've finished the rest!

Platinumed it earlier.

The foyer took me three tries because I had forgot the extra guys that spawn up top once you head up there after hitting the switch and the second fail I tried to rush it too much. Third time I retreated to my nook on the ground and they followed. Last part was easy.

Prison dock took me 2 tries because of the grenade spam they pulled on me in the first place I tried to camp. Decided to stealth everyone but the last commander, then retreat back across the bridge like platform and cause a ruckus. From there I just picked them off while hiding on the opposite side of where they come from. Had to go back across a few times to get more to spawn but it made it easy. After the switch I just stayed up by it using the wall as cover and picked them off with kamfpistole and assault rifle. Got slightly hairy with the last couple but I saved the 75 armor at the end as a precaution and it made all the difference.

All in all the challenges weren't too bad. Bathhouse and workshop were tricky hitting the points due to the randomness of zombies, and the bridge and cable car were the most difficult due to a few parts where you can die fast if not prepared.

Edited by Snake2410

Platinumed it earlier.

The foyer took me three tries because I had forgot the extra guys that spawn up top once you head up there after hitting the switch and the second fail I tried to rush it too much. Third time I retreated to my nook on the ground and they followed. Last part was easy.

Prison dock took me 2 tries because of the grenade spam they pulled on me in the first place I tried to camp. Decided to stealth everyone but the last commander, then retreat back across the bridge like platform and cause a ruckus. From there I just picked them off while hiding on the opposite side of where they come from. Had to go back across a few times to get more to spawn but it made it easy. After the switch I just stayed up by it using the wall as cover and picked them off with kamfpistole and assault rifle. Got slightly hairy with the last couple but I saved the 75 armor at the end as a precaution and it made all the difference.

All in all the challenges weren't too bad. Bathhouse and workshop were tricky hitting the points due to the randomness of zombies, and the bridge and cable car were the most difficult due to a few parts where you can die fast if not prepared.

Congratulations! The only challenge i had some trouble with was Wulfburg Square.

The bridge is simple, it's just about using the sniper in the first and second section until the dog appears, and than using the minigun on him. 

All the normal soldiers transform into zombies, the special ones are random. 

When New Order gets in a sale, i will buy it. Had fun with this game.

Congratulations! The only challenge i had some trouble with was Wulfburg Square.

The bridge is simple, it's just about using the sniper in the first and second section until the dog appears, and than using the minigun on him.

All the normal soldiers transform into zombies, the special ones are random.

When New Order gets in a sale, i will buy it. Had fun with this game.

FYI New Order is an easier game, but I liked the gameplay more in it.

For the bridge I did just exactly as you posted and it still gave me the most trouble of all the challenges. I couldn't keep the dog off me while carrying the mini gun. Even tried the circling around trick posted earlier. Had to bait it into getting stuck on the corners of the cover on the sides to slow it down so I could keep away while hitting it.

The Wulfburg square was the first one I did and it only took 3 tries. I just stealthed everything but the commander on the right, then used the turret to take out one supersoldier. From there I bolted up the tower and sniped everything until nothing spawned. Killed the commander and then sniped and kamfpistole grenaded the second supersoldier. Took a while but it worked just fine.

Edited by Snake2410

FYI New Order is an easier game, but I liked the gameplay more in it.

For the bridge I did just exactly as you posted and it still gave me the most trouble of all the challenges. I couldn't keep the dog off me while carrying the mini gun. Even tried the circling around trick posted earlier. Had to bait it into getting stuck on the corners of the cover on the sides to slow it down so I could keep away while hitting it.

The Wulfburg square was the first one I did and it only took 3 tries. I just stealthed everything but the commander on the right, then used the turret to take out one supersoldier. From there I bolted up the tower and sniped everything until nothing spawned. Killed the commander and then sniped and kamfpistole grenaded the second supersoldier. Took a while but it worked just fine.

Well, one thing i did at the bridge was starting shooting him in the exact moment he appeared. He only attacks five seconds later, so you can take 30-40% of his health really quick.

Wulfburg i did in safe mode and it took me 17 minutes.

Platinumed it earlier.

Congrats Snake!  :)

The challenges were fun, bit frustrating getting the scores here and there, but overall enjoyable to repeat.  The foyer I didn't have much problem with, the dock simply took me a few goes to make the score, bathhouse was a little tricky right enough...   The cable car actually has a bit of a cheat, there's a ladder you can climb right at the starting area which leads onto a suspended path, really easy to funnel most of the enemies down the stairs opposite the end of that platform...and kill them at your leisure.

All good fun, hope they make the sequel they appear keen on making.

• 2 weeks later...

This game  ended up being one of the best digital games I ever purchased. I can see why its a stand alone DLC with a platinum and not some added on trophies to the original game.

As for the challenges - I left the workshop for last because of what I read about it and it ended up being one of the fastest for me to complete. The bathhouse gave me the most trouble out of all of them. For those who still have trouble with the workshop - at the beginning (if you feel comfortable) grab some ammo and hide behind the car that is behind you on the left at the start of the challenge. Remember that at the start the enemies are more focused on the zombies than on you. I go for the one shot explosive kill on the "heavy" and then duck behind the car to get attention and then get to work on scoring points. Be precise and know that from this spot they can only swarm you from one side. If the sides are clear then use your "scoped gun" to get a few enemies and switch to the assault rifle for the zombies. Don't be greedy - if you create a zombie and you feel you can't get the points use that as your distraction to get more ammo nearby and then get back.

kingdell6.png

• 3 months later...

I'm stuck with bad internet so cannot go digital sadly.

Anyway, compared to The New Order, The Old Blood is a bit more difficult because well, the challenges.

So for now I'm giving up on the Caves simply because I was off by 200-300 points, TWICE. The first section is easy once you get rid of the drone. Always try to use the throwing knives whenever you can because they give you +200 points, for a regular soldier that is normally +400 points, you can +200 for headshot, +200 for stealth, and +200 for using a throwing knife. Makes a huge difference in score.

Someone mentioned here that enemies spawn when you use the minigun, which I DID not do for my several attempts at this challenge. Maybe I'll try that here pretty soon.

Workshop wasn't too bad as long as you got combos and headshots off the Shamblers. The car you hide behind makes the challenge a lot easier than it could of been, but both Workshop and Bathhouse require you to kill Shamblers if you want to get gold, because if you just let the other enemies kill them for you you're not going to get enough points.

Still working on getting Bathhouse trophy, you have to act real quick on this one or else you're just going to die. I found that rushing towards the stairs and taking out the shotgunner with a headshot with his own weapon makes things a little bit easier, I was able to pick off the elite soldiers, regular soldiers and shamblers until another shotgunner killed me. Tried this two-three times with no success. Thankfully you don't need too many points for this one.

Wulfburg doesn't look too bad, will try that one once I play again. Plenty of space for stealth and I took out one of the commanders early on. Soldiers were easy to pick off but died a few times to the supersoldiers. Still, looks easier than other challenges I haven't done.

The first section of Graveyard when I played it on Uber difficulty in the normal play through wasn't too bad, but the section that veers off to the right gave me a lot of trouble. Lots of enemies here and even on Bring em On difficulty I died A LOT, simply because I was getting a gold bar that was in this area. Not sure how I'm going to get through this on the challenge.

Bridge I'm saving for last because well, the dog. Barely killed it during my normal playthrough of the game, but once it was dead the rest of the enemies were easy to pick off. The second section pits you in an area with drones and shotgunners, after which the dog comes out and basically destroys you unless you hide in that one area.

Without the challenges, I would of been looking at a one day, two day platinum for this game. The New Order on Uber difficulty wasn't as hard as one might think, Chapter 12 and the beginning of Chapter 14 were the only ones giving me a lot of trouble. But the challenges make it feel like I'm replaying those chapters with less armor and more enemies.

May have to resort to a Youtube video if I don't get these finished in a few days, but most will probably admit they looked at a Youtube playthrough or two to get their platinum trophy.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I gave up.... I tried for a month but I was unable to beat che challenge at Workshop, the bridge, and the cable... so now I'm 7/10.... goodbye platinum...... :(((

Congratulations to who made it!!!

Apologize for my english... Hello from Italy! :)

Have you looked at any videos. I got my strategy from a video and passed it.

The problem is I played all my life this kind of games on PC with keyboard and mouse.... It's hard to be fast killing enemies with the joypad... especially to get headshot or combos...

Yeah.. I've watched a lot of videos but as @audiopile said enemies can be unpredictable.... I'll keep tryin' but it's very frustrating.... :(

• 1 month later...