The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I recently watched the trailer a couple of days ago on youtube because I kept seeing the name of this game everywhere without knowing anything about it or the series. Being a huge open-world fan, this made me orgasm. If I don't preorder this, I'll definitely pick it up sometime after its release xD

• Like 1

I recently watched the trailer a couple of days ago on youtube because I kept seeing the name of this game everywhere without knowing anything about it or the series. Being a huge open-world fan, this made me orgasm. If I don't preorder this, I'll definitely pick it up sometime after its release xD

You have to do this! Only 30 days left! :)

First rumors (or facts) about trophy list in Witcher 3:

http://www.gamerinabox.com/1636-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/SuccesOne-2.html

I'm actually kind of liking that there's trophies for playing on what I'm assuming are the highest difficulty levels. Definitely something to do for a second playthrough as there's no way I'm going to jump into this game having never played any of them on a high difficulty setting  :lol:

Anyway, I would be more excited about this game if I wasn't completely new to the series. But I love open world games and this one is looking to be very promising in terms of content and just being very well designed altogether. It could easily end up being my favorite game of the year, especially seeing as Uncharted 4 won't be coming out this year now.

• 3 weeks later...

logo-the-witcher-3.png

Couple things you need to know before it's release on the 19th of May.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is apparently 30x bigger than the previous Witcher games.

The games official website describes the types of locations you'll come across.

"In Wild Hunt you’ll visit the high streets and back alleys of Novigrad, a gilded metropolis with a rotten heart where all cultures and classes rub shoulders, face the frigid cold of the wind-swept Skellige Isles, and challenge the dark forces roaming the desolate, war-ravaged swamps of No Man’s Land. As you traverse distinct regions, you’ll feel and see the world change. You’ll hear the change on people’s lips, too: in Skellige battle-hardened marauders will shout boasts of their latest raids, in Novigrad rich and poor will gossip about executions and houses of pleasure, while in No Man’s Land, villagers will pray in hushed whispers to dark, ancient gods."

It will have 16 pieces of free DLC.

Most of the DLC isn't major, additional items, hairstyles etc but getting it at no extra cost is always nice. The DLC will be released in bundles of two each week after the games release and so forth up to 8 weeks.

It will be a 50GB install on consoles.

You know that large map we was talking about before? Well, it comes with a consequence. So you might need to clear up some old games to make way for the new.

N3w9u.jpg

CpUjK.jpg

omKPg.jpg

It will take anywhere from 50 to 120 hours to complete.

Now this varies from player to player. If you are one that likes to adventure around and do the side quests you will be at the higher end of the hours while if you like to keeping going on with the main story you'll be at the lower end.

There are 36 possible endings to the game.

The choses you make in The Witcher will effect the world around you. It's not been confirmed to what will actually be changing. But 36 possible endings is definitely a lot.

Edited by EvilClxwn

Having never played a Witcher game, but knowing without a doubt that this is completely my cup of tea - I can't wait to finally get into this world.

i hope that enough PlayStation 4 owners by this game, that CD Projekt contract out the port of the first two.

• Like 3

Just Pre-ordered The Collectors Edition With The Expansion Pass can't wait! only 12 days to go!

never played the first two games because they weren't available on playstation. Hopefully this new game won't require much prior knowledge to enjoy it.

don't really need to play the others to enjoy this one, you will get a lot of backstory at the start of the game to get you up to date with whats happened

Edited by Mr_McNight
  • Like 1

Just Pre-ordered The Collectors Edition With The Expansion Pass can't wait! only 12 days to go!

don't really need to play the others to enjoy this one, you will get a lot of backstory at the start of the game to get you up to date with whats happened

i see, thanks. :)