Worst port ever!

I remember there was a problem with ledge grabbing in the Vita version, it wouldn't work unless you hit the ledge just right. Sometimes when climbing from a ledge I would hears Jak's fall yell and the screen would go black as if I didn't make it. There were also some weird camera glitches in certain parts. Also, I'm not sure if it's the game or the controls, but somehow platform jumping is trickier with smaller levitating platforms.

Jak 2 and 3 were much worse though as anyone else here would say.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Jak & Daxter is the drizzling sh*ts as a port despite a stable framerate. It takes one, two, sometimes three pullup attempts from a ledge grab. I'm at Gol & Maia's Citadel and ready to say to hell with this Platinum. I've spent too much of my current time just trying to get orbs/flies but having to deal with Jak's inability to actually jump, the camera issues, and ledge grabs being terrible. 

• 4 months later...

This has to be the worst game ever on Vita, just finished it, but it has put me off ever playing a Jak & Daxter game again.

I died so many times, we are in the thousands, due to the awful controls, unpredictable camera and the messed up grab-ledge move that works maybe every third time.

The climbing sections on Snowy Mountain, Spider Cave and The Citadel were the worst I have ever endured. I must have spent 6-7 hours on the last climb to the yellow sage alone, it was ridicolous and the save point just plain unfair, throwing me back to the last sage (this is throughout the game, but this one savepoint sucks especially).

I was at one point, only 2 jumps from being on the last platform, only for the camera to shift, making me run straight off to the right, I nearly cried. No joke. This is not the emotion you want from playing a game.

When I finally finished it, I wasn´t even happy, more like an empty feeling of "what did I just spend 100+ hours on..."

To anyone thinking of starting this game, DO NOT DO IT, I cannot state how awful it is, I would rather do Flapmaster 100 times in Goat Simulator, than play this game again.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Playing the trilogy right now and I don’t understand why everyone complains about Jak 2 and titling it the worst game. Even on Vita right now, it’s still pretty good. A couple frame rate issues here and there but nothing that takes you away from the enjoyable experience. Honestly in my opinion, Jak 2 is better than Jak and Daxter just because the first was a collectathon and the sequels are are gta-esque type of games which are far more enjoyable. People hate on these games way too much and I just think it’s a terrible judgment 

• 3 months later...

I have to agree with everyone else. 

Made the big mistake of buying this collection after I finished up the Jak trilogy once on the PS3. With the exception of Jak II, not much was all too infuriating. I enjoyed my time with Jak and Daxter and Jak 3. 

The Vita version throws out any enjoyment the PS2 and PS3 versions had straight out the window. The frame rate is terrible, the controls are overly stiff, and grabbing ledges often fails. The camera is a lot more annoying due to the frame rate. 

I consider myself fairly good and experienced with platformers, and this game is making me fail multiple times. I’ve spent nearly a hour going for the blue precursor rings for a precursor orb, only to not make a turn successfully. 

Ratchet and Clank, while it also suffers from low frame rate on the Vita, is far better. 

DO NOT BUY THIS COLLECTION. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...