Is anybody finding the controls terrible?

Voragoras

Coming back to this from recently having platted Dark Souls, playing SotFS, and having done several run-throughs of Bloodborne, the DaS2 controls on PS3 seem to be absolutely appalling. I'm often getting 2~5 second delays between button input and my actual character reacting, and at times the enemies seem to be teleporting across the floor with how much FPS lag is going on (had a particularly bad case of this with the Heide Knight in the Forest of Fallen Giants, when I had no issue decimating a group of them in Heide's Tower of Flame in SotFS).

The gameplay seems clunky and unresponsive, and imo it's almost gamebreaking. I'm getting through the game anyway, obviously, but there's a distinct lack of fluidity in even the most basic movements, like walking, which make it more of a chore than enjoyable to play through. It feels like I'm playing a slideshow at times.

I dunno if it's just more noticeable because I've come straight into this from the other more polished games, but I wondered if I'm the only one who felt this way?

Yeah, the PS4 version isn't great in comparison to the other From games either, but there seems to be at least a little more precision and a little less phantom hitboxes. The inhuman NPC tracking isn't as much a problem in SotFS when you can at least dodge reliably, but for some reason I'm pressing the buttons and it's only registering my command a few seconds after, ending in some embarrassing deaths that honestly should never have happened. I know it's not my controller, because the original Dark Souls had played great, and I only switched the discs yesterday.

It's very telling that I'm actually finding SotFS much easier because these issues aren't as glaring, despite it being ostensibly made harder by including more enemies and changing the locations around.