Dishonored: Definitive Edition rated in Brazil

I enjoyed this game on both my PS3 and my PC, but it is not so good that it deserves a release on PS4. In fact, Sony needs to stop porting these games to the PS4 just to pad out its library and instead focus on developing new IPs specifically for the system. 

• Like 1

First off, Sony isn't doing this at all. Games like Journey and The Last of Us remastered are Sony's doing. Bethesda (the publisher) is behind this and they would be the ones behind remastering this title.

If there's one thing I hate more than remasters: it's people bitching about them. Everyone has these stupid thoughts in their head as if the publishers of each company take an entire development team to work specifically on these remasters and it's hindering the progress of all other games; whether announced or not announced.

The remasters are there for people who skipped out on them originally. This game was free for Plus users, but what if some people don't own their last gen console anymore? This game is for them and it's likely to include all DLC as well so it might be good value for them.

Seriously, everybody should calm their tits about remasters. It's starting to get on my nerves. -_-

Sony isn't the one making it, Bethesda is. Journey, Last of Us and God of War 3 are the only remasters Sony have made. Yet everyone seems to give Sony shit about remasters when they've only remastered 3 games.

Also if you've already played it then why does it matter to you if it's getting re-released for Next-Gen? It's for those who haven't played it and fans of the original.

Just because a game is remastered doesn't mean a new IP gets cancelled. The development team for the remaster is probably really small. 

No ones forcing people to buy remasters, it's just an extra option for those who haven't played it, plus the amount of sales the remaster has will probably benefit Dishonored 2.

Jesus Christ calm down. First, Sony ALLOWS these games to be released on their console, that's why I said Sony needs to stop the ports. The PS4 is bogged down by them. A few ports are perfectly fine, but Sony is relying too much on ports selling the consoles and not enough on original IPs. The Last of Us, God of War III, Injustice, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy X/X-2, DmC, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil.

Another thing, you are allowed to voice your support but I can't voice my dissent? There's a reason these forums exist - to get differing opinions. It matters to me that Sony is relying so much on these ports.

• Like 4

Jesus Christ calm down. First, Sony ALLOWS these games to be released on their console, that's why I said Sony needs to stop the ports. The PS4 is bogged down by them. A few ports are perfectly fine, but Sony is relying too much on ports selling the consoles and not enough on original IPs. The Last of Us, God of War III, Injustice, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy X/X-2, DmC, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil.

Another thing, you are allowed to voice your support but I can't voice my dissent? There's a reason these forums exist - to get differing opinions. It matters to me that Sony is relying so much on these ports.

No one's keeping you from voicing your dissent. You voiced your dissent, and they gave their opinion on your dissent.

• Like 4

As long as Sony and the developers makes money with remastered games they will make them. Only way you can influence is not buying them. Crying about remasters on internet doesn't change anything. 

• Like 1

Can't wait! I felt the controls were a bit too hefty for my liking on the PS3 version. 

Injustice was a smart plan on their side seeing as they have no fighting games at the time. Final Fantasy Type-0 was needed seeing as Sony didn't have a blockbuster RPG at the time. The others, not so much but it's cool to see them again. Sony wants to be king on the graphical side and these multi-platforms ports are the only way to do it. Not a lot of people would buy a console for first party only and no 3rd party games nowadays. This is why the Wii U sits at 9.5m lifetime. 

Everyone is allow to voice their opinion on here but you have to remember, others will disagree and will try to counteract their opinion. Like you said "There's a reason these forums exist - to get differing opinions.". People will try and do the same, so just let it be. 

As much as remasters et al are despised, the reason they exist are twofold;

• People buy them (most important)
  • Publishers need the money

I think we're seeing the industry hit the point where it can't sustain itself - in that the AAA titles have to be re-released to make them more viable.  Like the advent of the Season Pass, extra revenue to justify making heavy hitters.  

Minecraft paved the way for indie developers to follow in its wake, and we're seeing that in spades.  The calender is full of indie titles - where you can make £x million profit with little to no risk (i.e. startup costs) or you can make £x million profit with astronomical start up costs - the choice is obvious.

Safe, steady profit is better than dangerous fluctuating profit.

Either that or the retail price of a game is hiked finally.

Edited by LastPisTolman
  • Like 1

It actually makes little sense to release a definitive edition anytime soon.

Dishonored was free on XBOX a few months ago, while it was free last month on PS3.

So by now, a significant number of players have acces to the game if they haven't before.

The game is three years old, had positive reviews, so chances are high a lot of people have played it.

So why would they release a definitive edition so soon?

I can't imagine that giving it way for "free" at PS+/XBOX Gold would somehow benefit these future definitive sales.

Edited by Mr_Freaker

Yet another recycled piece of crap for sheeps.Used to support Bethesda for their SP love with playas but I think they want me to stop.

I guess Jesus said it best when he quoted  Aristotle: "If you  have nothing  nice to say, than go online."

I guess Jesus said it best when he quoted  Aristotle: "If you  have nothing  nice to say, than go online."

I'm glad enough that he didn't quote you.Dat title,dat name lol.

Yep sorry what I have to say ain't nice...because truth hurts.