Area that you found the most unforgiving?

jaeik2541

Most brutal & unforgiving area in Dark Souls  

46 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Undead Burg & Parish
    • Undead Asylum
    • Blighttown
    • Depths
    • Demon's ruins & Lost Izalith
    • Sen's Fortress
    • Anor Londo
    • Duke's Archives
    • New Londo Ruins
    • Etc.

Hey guys! I am on verge of finishing first playthrough of this masterpiece.

during my first 48 hours of this experience, I was just cursing and crying in rage every time I died in the most unfair ways, and ended up hating few of the areas, and it also triggered me to think 'which area would people find the most unforgiving?'

The area I could remember the most for being unforgiving would be Anor Londo. I remember spending hours trying to figure out which way to go, until I found out that I had to go through the thin path that leads to another building. Also, dying over and over again by silver knights on the top of small ass balcony wasn't too fun either. Also, the difficulty spike compared to previous area was just too brutal for me. Finally, not to mention Ornstein and Smough.  This area probably took me at least 8 hours to go through, and that feeling of achievement when I beat the boss was soooooooooo good.

This is my opinion, and I am very interested to hear yours: which area of the game did you find the most unforgiving/unfair/brutally hard?

Edited by jaeik2541

For me it was the dukes archives! If nothing else then because sword and shield guys have attacks that just come out! They don't swing they just bang you all of a sudden. And they can do quite a bit of damage especially when combined with the arrows and magic attacks that are constantly flying at you. Not the hardest area but the moment you make a mistake you will die! 

• Like 2

Probably the depths or the upper area of blighttown at around level 20-25 like most people that come there. You can get cursed, poisoned, and i'm not even gonna say anything about the torch hollows or the toxic blow dart snipers

But the whole game right now after all the patches is not even hard in my opinion. Try playing the game without downloading any patches if you think the game is too easy or you want a greater challenge.

Edited by Woop982
  • Like 3

For me it was the dukes archives! If nothing else then because sword and shield guys have attacks that just come out! They don't swing they just bang you all of a sudden. And they can do quite a bit of damage especially when combined with the arrows and magic attacks that are constantly flying at you. Not the hardest area but the moment you make a mistake you will die! 

It was annoying but manageable in my opinion, cause I was rolling and blocking for the whole time haha

Probably the depths or the upper area of blighttown at around level 20-25 like most people that come there. You can get cursed, poisoned, and i'm not even gonna say anything about the torch hollows or the toxic blow dart snipers

But the whole game right now after all the patches is not even hard in my opinion. Try playing the game without downloading any patches if you think the game is too easy or you want a greater challenge.

That area was terrible too. I will attempt no-patch run when Im done with the platinum lol

• Like 1

Yes without the patches almost every area is a candidate for the hardest area! 

Blight town was the most unforgiving as a beginner, but now I just use the key to bypass the entire area. Looking at the list, I don't really find any of those areas hard anymore. Anor Londo has the fabled ledge archers, but I would say the most unforgiving area is everywhere underneath blighttown. Lava, 2 of the worst bosses (asylum demon 2 and tree branch man), Solaire, capra demon standard enemies, the whole package.

• Like 1

i dont have any problems with any area after playing trough the game so many times, but i hate to go trough the anor londo church (the area with the painted guradians). this is one of the worst things for me. same as the area in demons souls where u grab the colorless demon soul after miralda.

• Like 1

New londo - the first time you go there and don't know about transient curses :0 enough said.

Runner up goes to blight town for sure, though I personally like the area. If you go slow you're pretty safe on the walkways, until the snipers start shooting at you with +500 % toxicity. Then you rush, probably get shot anyway and probably fall off.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Duke's Archives. I played the whole game without patches as I didn't have internet when I got it, but damn that place either way. Homing arrows and pain in the ass Channelers is infuriating and it doesn't help the place is confusing as it is. Everything looks the same there and I always get lost.

Blighttown actually isn't too bad once you get used to not rushing everywhere, the worst enemy there is the framerate drops. That one area with the firekeeper soul and a bunch of fire dogs is a pain but at least it's optional. I also seem to be the only person that's never had too much of an issue with the knight archers in Anor Londo. I had more issues dealing with the demons whilst under fire from those guys than actually getting up there and taking them out. Just sprint up there to the top and run to the guy on the right, I've done that on multiple characters and playthroughs and never gotten knocked off as the guy on the left can't really hit you if you're up in the right guy's grill. When he's equipped for melee he's a lot less of an issue anyway, even more so if you're good at parrying as he'll either go down in a couple hits or simply fall off. Once he's down the other guy is cake. 'tis good fun to put Gravelord idols on the spur past the left guy though, so many people can't get there easily.

For me it's the New Londo Ruins, which has:

• no bonfires 
  • swarms of ghosts that attack from the floor and walls
  • those dark covenant enemies with their grab attack
I died a good few times trying to get to the Four Kings.

True, very annoying when you have to go the whole way through each time, but like other parts of the game, once you stumble on the shortcuts it helps quite a bit in my opinion.

It makes dying to the kings a little more uhhh... 'enjoyable', for lack of a better term :)

• 3 weeks later...