Is anyone else having trouble with the whip?

I have never come across a game with so many glitches. First I was unable to obtain the Platinum on the Vita version due to the sheer amount of glitches with several of the trophies. Now the whip cannot be selected in the weapon wheel on the PS3 version and I cannot attain the Hangman trophy. 

I have tried replaying the level where you obtain the whip and if you leave the weapon wheel alone, it can be used with the slave persona, but that persona cannot seem to do predator hangings. 

Has anyone found a solution to this problem other than replaying the game from scratch? This game has tested my patience enough as it is without having to go back through half of the story for a third time for the sake of a bronze trophy. Ubisoft never cease to amaze when they have released a HD edition of their game and they have STILL failed to sort out all of the bugs. 

I didn't have problems with either and I found the games very enjoyable! So much so that I didn't mind playing it twice! I didn't enjoy the multiplayer on the Vita, so I'm glad that got removed for the HD version.

Didn't have a problem with the whip. Perhaps the game hasn't installed properly or something to that extent. Try backing up your save and re-installing the game. It may help your situation and it can't hurt to try. Other than that, I guess you'd have to replay the game from scratch. Which is a shame because as I said I didn't have problems that I can remember. Only the boring multiplayer! :P

• Like 1

It's greyed out in the weapon wheel. I've not been able to use it as a weapon for the past few sequences. If I replay the level where you unlock it, the slave persona has it, but the assassin's persona doesn't and even then, you can't use the predator move with it while in the slave persona. As soon as you swap it out for a different weapon in the slave persona, it disappears completely again. A few people seem to have come across this glitch, but as far as I'd seen on other forums, there's never been a way to correct the issue. So I'm going to have to play through a new game just to unlock the whip for that trophy. It's annoying, but well, for a platinum, I guess worse trophies could have gotten a glitch. 

• Like 1

It's greyed out in the weapon wheel. I've not been able to use it as a weapon for the past few sequences. If I replay the level where you unlock it, the slave persona has it, but the assassin's persona doesn't and even then, you can't use the predator move with it while in the slave persona. As soon as you swap it out for a different weapon in the slave persona, it disappears completely again. A few people seem to have come across this glitch, but as far as I'd seen on other forums, there's never been a way to correct the issue. So I'm going to have to play through a new game just to unlock the whip for that trophy. It's annoying, but well, for a platinum, I guess worse trophies could have gotten a glitch.

Man, that's a huge bummer. I didn't experience any glitches in my playthrough, other than an occassional run/swim mix-up in the bayou. You could complete the game and get every trophy except for hangman, and then start a new game and only play chapter stuff until you unlock the whip. The hangman trophy is a bit tricky bc guards have to be in position for it to work. There's a good spot just north of the assassin lair on the right side of a street. You will climb up a few boxes to a pole and there's two guards beneath you. Hangman one, kill the other, go into the lair and repeat. I wish you luck, glitchy games are the most frustrating (thinking of you, LOTR: War in the North)!