Persona 5 release date revealed?

Venocide

Persona 5, Atlus’ upcoming RPG for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, was previously slated for a 2015 release in Japan and North America. In the recent full year 2015 earnings release for SEGA SAMMY (the company that owns Atlus), Persona 5‘s release window has been revealed as an October to December 2015 launch, both in Japan and North America.

SEGA SAMMY’s fiscal year 2015 ended in March 2015. The information of Persona 5‘s release window is apparent because SEGA currently has four confirmed Japanese packaged game titles announced for the first and second quarters of their fiscal year 2016 (inclusively, from April to September 2015):

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe (3DS) [May 28, 2015].
Stella Glow (3DS) [June 4, 2015].
Alien Isolation (PS4/Xbox One) [June 11, 2015].
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PS Vita) [June 25, 2015].

SEGA’s FY ending March 2016 forecasts through the second quarter indicate that four retail games will be releasing in Japan during that period, as well.

Sega-Sammy-Release-Forecast.png

This means that Persona 5 is included in the full year forecasts for the number of titles planned for release in Japan, and it will not release before September. SEGA’s fiscal year 2016 fourth quarter represents January, February and March 2016. Therefore, unless Persona 5 has once again been delayed into the next year in Japan—and they’ve recently stated that Persona 5 is still planned for a fiscal year 2016 release—it will be releasing during FY 2016 Q3, or between October and December 2015.

If it does come out around October I hope that includes Europe aswell.
Edited by Venocide
  • Like 3

Its confirmed WW is it not? Interesting find nonetheless. I really hope its earlier rather than later...the wait is killing me. 

EDIT: Quick glance at the OP indeed tells me its not confirmed WW, just NA and JP... That'd suck for a lot of people if it doesn't release in EU this year :P

Edited by Boooda

Its confirmed WW is it not? Interesting find nonetheless. I really hope its earlier rather than later...the wait is killing me. 

I haven't heard of a WW release. The article says the release window has been revealed as an October to December 2015 launch, both in Japan and North America. With the Persona games, Europe usually has to wait a few months (almost an entire year for the first Arena game).

Well isn't the series published by a different company in Europe?  Not certain but I think I remember hearing someone say that so that might be why it doesn't show up in the report.  Either way like I said above I'd just try to quell the hype until E3 where it's confirmed to be shown and will almost certainly get a release date.

I haven't heard of a WW release. The article says the release window has been revealed as an October to December 2015 launch, both in Japan and North America. With the Persona games, Europe usually has to wait a few months (almost an entire year for the first Arena game).

Too many games not enough dates, I probably got it confused with something else lol. 

Sucks living in a continent with so many languages, thats the only conclusion I can come to with why it takes so long. Bummer. 

Fair enough, most of the US Atlus release pretty close to their japanese counterparts, so I can see P5 being like, 2 weeks after the japanese release

I reeealy hope it isn't in October; Disgaea 5 and Persona 5 would break my wallet

Well, we'll wait and see. :) I don't wanna complain, it's I'm such big fan of the Persona games, I don't wanna wait too long after the rest of the world gets it. :D

Well isn't the series published by a different company in Europe?  Not certain but I think I remember hearing someone say that so that might be why it doesn't show up in the report.  Either way like I said above I'd just try to quell the hype until E3 where it's confirmed to be shown and will almost certainly get a release date.

SEGA publishes the Persona fighting games and I think NIS publish the rest. 

Edited by Venocide

Persona 5 planned for a 2016 release huh? I could've sworn the Persona 5 teaser said something about '2014 Winter for PS3' or some sort. 

The last couple of years have been full of delays, people announce their games too soon xD

Either way, guess 2016 is the year I finally get a PS4. Oh dear.

Persona 5 planned for a 2016 release huh? I could've sworn the Persona 5 teaser said something about '2014 Winter for PS3' or some sort. 

Yeah, looks like this "winter" never comes...

I REALLY hope they release this year, I've been waiting since 2009!

October to December 2015 - read:

October in Japan

December in NA

F U EU.

Sasuga Atlus, they deliver quickly. =D I'm so gonna import this on Christmas :D

I'm not really surprised it's planned for this year, I'm pretty sure the development is already done and P-Team is just doing last test and laughing at us waiting for it :D

EDIT: Quick glance at the OP indeed tells me its not confirmed WW, just NA and JP... That'd suck for a lot of people if it doesn't release in EU this year :P

October to December 2015 - read:

October in Japan

December in NA

F U EU.

I'm totally expecting this to happen. Looks like I'm finally going to import my first game from NA.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...