Hardcore Mode Is Killing Me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After the Normal A+ run, I've found that Hard mode isn't too bad. Most of the levels took me about the same time to beat as they did on my first Normal run, with the exception of a few that took less time since I mastered the strategies. It is a pain in the ass at times, though

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 7:00 AM, A1rPun said:

@BCarsonElite What is harder? Hard mode or getting A+ on all stages? Did hard mode already but need some incentive to play again.

@A1rPun I'd say you've already done the lion's share of the work. If you managed to beat Hard Mode, then you definitely know your way around the enemies and levels. Simply stringing kills together is all you need to do for the Normal A+ run and it shouldn't be too difficult as your final step

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2015 at 8:50 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

Just took me 2 hours to get past scene 11.  I'm really enjoying this mode.  I only have the patience to tackle a couple levels a day though.

....annnnndddd four years later I beat hard mode.  haha

On 8/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, Seasonreaper said:

Hard Mode is the most irritating part of the game, most of the A+ levels are pretty easy. There are some that are tough but none of them quite reach the same level as a few of the hard levels (like Deathwish and Dead End on hard, ugh). A+ is also a lot more fun to do.

Hope this is true.  A+ levels is pretty much my last trophy (besides kills and using every weapon, but those should be fairly straight forward).

• Like 1

Those skills you developed through Hardmode should help with A+ ranks. Sometimes honestly it works best to be reckless as losing your combo is just as bad as dying in many cases, play about a bit, see who you can chain together and how to get the best out of what the game gives you. Caught is probably the one that caused me the most issues, although many of the Hawaii missions can  be pretty tight too.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hard mode was the last thing I did and I thought it was wayyy easier than A+, but that's probably because my skills had gotten better by then.

It was also way more fun. A+ runs are essentially speedruns, which I hate. You've gotta get those combo chains going at all times. I didn't enjoy this as it's rather stressful and you never know if you're good or not until the level is complete. On hard mode, on the other hand, you can take all the time you need, be sort of stealthy and proceed with caution. 

It was not all easy though, I can remember some serious exceptions :

• Scene 11. What. The. Fuck. For some reason the developers went complete apeshit on this one. It is ridiculously hard from the beginning to the end, and so it's so godamn LONG.
  • Scene 12 but only the 2nd floor. That's mostly because the playable character is pathetic. The rest of it was ok, really.
  • Scene 20, 1st floor after boss fight. It took me a long time to figure out how not to get killed within the first nanosecond of play.

• Like 1