Suggestion: Flagged Subforum

The only issue with this, is that it probably won't get used. The people who are dumb enough to hack, get caught, then tell everyone about it probably aren't going to be taking the time to post in the correct forum. Maybe a few would though.

People always mention when they get flagged that there is some dispute system "coming soon" in the flag message. Heck, Sly should just open up a subforum somewhere and make that the dispute system, it seems to have worked pretty efficiently over the past year :P So yeah, I agree Satoshi

Edited by BlindMango

I also support this. I will never play Duke nukem forever, i don't want to know that its trophies are easy :).

Also, i would like to have an option to look at a "100% advisor". It would help me to know which game is the easiest to complete. In my trophy advisor i can see that Mortal Kombat has a really easy trophy: "block this", with 80% completion. Yeah, ok, but will i try to do this? Not necesseraly, because the plat of that game has a 0.75% completion!

I think you meant to post this in the "Suggestion regarding the Trophy Advisor function" thread xD

I know only premium members can see the premium member section, so why not make a flagged section where only people who've been flagged can see it?

This would stop the hazing from other forum members and would help them avoid unwanted attention.

I'm not going to lie, it's fun to pick apart their illogical arguments, but we should leave it to the mods IMO.

• Like 3

I agree with this, but on a side note I don't like how this community just jumps on the conclusion that if you're accused of cheating, you are cheater without a doubt, I still remember the incident with ginko765 when he was accused of cheating because he beat Project Diva F in three hours and then a bunch of people just started declaring him a cheater until he came back with proof on how he did it and then everybody got quiet and even Admin himself came to the thread and unflagged him. Sorry I just hate it when people just assume the other person is guilty without a full story. I hate cheaters too but I will at least hear them out before declaring them a cheater.

Some people can rush to judgment sometimes, but if a list looks on the face of it like the trophies were cheated then people are entitled to be skeptical of claims of innocence. He came forward and gave proof of his method, and was subsequently cleared. That's the way things should work, really. 

If he'd begun the thread with an explanation of his method, it would have turned out very differently. 

• Like 1

I agree with this, but on a side note I don't like how this community just jumps on the conclusion that if you're accused of cheating, you are cheater without a doubt, I still remember the incident with ginko765 when he was accused of cheating because he beat Project Diva F in three hours and then a bunch of people just started declaring him a cheater until he came back with proof on how he did it and then everybody got quiet and even Admin himself came to the thread and unflagged him. Sorry I just hate it when people just assume the other person is guilty without a full story. I hate cheaters too but I will at least hear them out before declaring them a cheater.

Its for this reason why I feel there should be a dispute system instead of a subforum, to keep things from becoming a spectacle. Or like that guy bound and determined to take down someone high on the leaderboard for Dead Nation trophies, twice, even though it had already been explained to him once how the guy he wanted taken down had done the trophies.

• Like 1

I know only premium members can see the premium member section, so why not make a flagged section where only people who've been flagged can see it?

This would stop the hazing from other forum members and would help them avoid unwanted attention.

I'm not going to lie, it's fun to pick apart their illogical arguments, but we should leave it to the mods IMO.

What about when it's an obscure game that the mods haven't played? The "debate" - such that it may be - that goes on in the "why have I been flagged" threads provides the information that a mod needs to make a determination on whether to let the flag stand or not, doesn't it?

• Like 2

What about when it's an obscure game that the mods haven't played? The "debate" - such that it may be - that goes on in the "why have I been flagged" threads provides the information that a mod needs to make a determination on whether to let the flag stand or not, doesn't it?

I understand that part, and that's a very valid point, but I worry more about them exposing themselves and are ultimately made fun of or bullied in the forums.

Let's be honest, we aren't exactly the friendliest bunch when it comes to hackers.

I understand that part, and that's a very valid point, but I worry more about them exposing themselves and are ultimately made fun of or bullied in the forums.

Let's be honest, we aren't exactly the friendliest bunch when it comes to hackers.

I've only seen 1 or 2 very rare instances of someone being a bully in those threads. 

I think it looks worse than it is, because it's usually a pile-on. 

Some people can rush to judgment sometimes, but if a list looks on the face of it like the trophies were cheated then people are entitled to be skeptical of claims of innocence. He came forward and gave proof of his method, and was subsequently cleared. That's the way things should work, really. 

Ideally, here in MURICA!, people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. However, that's law, not gaming forums. There you are guilty first. While I don't totally agree with the sentiment that it's the way things should work, I can't come up with a more efficient system. Mainly because I'm not invested enough, but also I have years of ethics courses from my degree in ethics taking me all kinds of conflicting routes.

I guess the only thing I would change (and I don't know enough as I've never looked into it and surely don't have any trophies flag-worthy) is if someone is reported and flagged, no one else should see they've been flagged, that particular game or trophy should stay hidden (but not blue H, yet) and the person has a reasonable amount of time to dispute it. The flagged person should get clear directions on how to dispute (i.e, don't go on the forums to ask) and if they're cleared by the mods, the game/trophy just shows back up in their profile. If they don't dispute in time or don't convince the mods they are legit, they are given the option of hiding the game (blue H) or will be labeled a cheater, along with the repercussions. If someone else tries to report the same trophy, that person should be told it's not reportable.

I suppose there are cases for people who are added to the site by others and only find out they've been flagged long after it's happened, but I suspect those would be fringe cases. Hopefully, when those people go to create an account here, the first message they would encounter would be directions for disputing the flag, thus leading to my original suggestion.

This gives the semblance that nothing is wrong until it's been addressed by the correct methods. This might be the case of how things go now, like I said I don't have experience with the current process.

Agreed. A place for flagged users to plead their respective cases, free from outside interference, would be nice.

• Like 1

Ideally, here in MURICA!, people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. However, that's law, not gaming forums. There you are guilty first. While I don't totally agree with the sentiment that it's the way things should work, I can't come up with a more efficient system. Mainly because I'm not invested enough, but also I have years of ethics courses from my degree in ethics taking me all kinds of conflicting routes.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I meant when I said that we're entitled to be "skeptical of claims of innocence" - that doesn't mean he definitely, 100%, cheated. 

I think the mods get the balance right. If an explanation is plausible within the game's systems then the flagee must be given the benefit of the doubt.

Hows this for a system:

1. Premium member raises a flag.
  2. Mod reviews flag - if Mod knows the game and the evidence is conclusive, the flag is sustained. (Flagged user still has the chance to appeal via dispute button.)
  3. Mod reviews flag - if Mod needs community help, Mod opens a thread in a dedicated sub-forum (which only Mods can start threads in) and anonymously asks whether it is possible to obtain trophies in this order legitimately. Community helps, and flag is either sustained or lowered following discussion. Anonymous nature means there's no bullying.
  4. If a flagged user disputes the flag, then a mod is notified and an anonymous thread is started for discussion. See 3 above for consequences.

To cut down on the administrative duties on Mods, games which were clearly hacked (e.g. "Spend 24 hours in create mode" - and the plat is obtained in under an hour), the mod who reviews the flag at 2 above can choose not to allow disputes.

To be fair, they've already screwed with all of us by corrupting the leaderboards. We go too easy on hackers - all they need to do is hide the game. It should be a perma-ban after 30 days (which'll give them time to post a dispute on the forums), honestly. A sub forum is much more ideal than a discreet dispute system because the whole forum can get involved - and a group of people is more likely to find flaws in a persons profile than 1 mod alone. I shudder to think the amount of hackers that have been let off by hiding - imagine how many more would be let off if the dispute was handled by a single mod instead of an entire forum.

• Like 2

Avoid unwanted attention for something they purposefully did?  Sorry bro, I accidentally hacked that game. 

5fc786593cc50f3cd1cacc9997d6b107.jpg

• Like 3