Left Behind standalone - Separate list or?

So I saw the Left Behind DLC is on the PSN as a standalone for 15 bucks, I never played it on the PS3 and would buy it for PS4 for the price...but, I only got 2 trophies in the PS3 version and don't own the PS4 version of the main game. So my question is, if I buy and play Left Behind, am I going to have the whole main game's trophy list added to my profile and I can only earn the trophies for the DLC ala Uncharted 3's free multiplayer mode?

Honestly i don't know because i ain't being caught by a scam  :)

Scam? Getting another trophy list you can't complete, the DLC isn't worth 15 bucks, I'm so scared and confused! What's the scam?

Well just searching the games on this site I'd say that it would add the entire game's trophy list to your profile since there's nothing separate for Left Behind.

I figured as much, unfortunately.

Oh well, I'll probably grab it anyway when I have some more PSN$.

Scam? Getting another trophy list you can't complete, the DLC isn't worth 15 bucks, I'm so scared and confused! What's the scam?

The fact they are releasing it standalone on PS4 

Since the DLC is free with the game for PS4 it's retarded to buy the DLC standalone xD

EDIT: coldman beat me to it :P

Edited by ItzzH3lixx

Since the DLC is free with the game for PS4 it's retarded to buy the DLC standalone xD

EDIT: coldman beat me to it :P

Oh shit, yeah. I forgot the PS4 version comes with the DLC. So basically, if you buy this and it then gets you into Last of Us, you'd be buying the DLC again in buying the full game. I see now, sorry for the confusion.

Guess we have to wait until someone tried to buy it. If we check the trophy on the PS4 version. There is only one person who got a trophy on this DLC today.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2752-The-Last-of-Us-Remastered/25-Don%E2%80%99t-Go-Easy

That person also got some trophies on the base game so it looks like he/she did not buy the DLC stand-alone. So for now it is just assumption, if it is or is not a seperate trophy list, until someone dares to buy the DLC game.

Edited by DColpa

It's weird that they release the DLC standalone when it's locked away on PS4 until you finish the first playthrough because of spoiling the main story.

It is not locked away. They just give you a notice that it is a better gaming experience if you play the main game first before you boot up the DLC.

The only people benefit from this DLC if they somehow played the base game on the Playstation 3, never bought the DLC, but after much regrets want to play it anyway.

It is not locked away. They just give you a notice that it is a better gaming experience if you play the main game first before you boot up the DLC.

Ah, ok. I remembered it wrong, was pretty sure that it was locked.

Anyway, I'd rather have a standalone version of the MP than the story.

I really hope it does.

I mean, I know it's Naughty Dog, and they've shown that they will do anything - anything - to ensure money comes their way, even if it is at the expense of the customer, and this'd hardly be the worst thing they've done, but... wow.

To buy a standalone and then have to buy the actual game to complete the list... Because this isn't free, you'd be paying for the same thing twice if you care about completion, and that is simply bullshit.

At least, with a separate list, you have the option to buy it again if you enjoyed it. If it isn't separate, you have to buy it again if you want a good completion. 

i personally don't care, i really hope people don't buy this as a standalone, this is the worst thing imo Naughty Dog have done, i don't get why it needs this, when you can buy it on PSN store on PS3 and when it is Included in the PS4 EDITION

• Like 2

I really hope it does.

I mean, I know it's Naughty Dog, and they've shown that they will do anything - anything - to ensure money comes their way, even if it is at the expense of the customer, and this'd hardly be the worst thing they've done, but... wow.

To buy a standalone and then have to buy the actual game to complete the list... Because this isn't free, you'd be paying for the same thing twice if you care about completion, and that is simply bullshit.

At least, with a separate list, you have the option to buy it again if you enjoyed it. If it isn't separate, you have to buy it again if you want a good completion. 

i personally don't care, i really hope people don't buy this as a standalone, this is the worst thing imo Naughty Dog have done, i don't get why it needs this, when you can buy it on PSN store on PS3 and when it is Included in the PS4 EDITION

It is possible to upgrade the standalone version to the full game, essiantially making the DLC the main game and the main game the DLC. :lol:

I imagine they did it to make the DLC available for people that bought the game on PS3 but not the DLC. This way they can experience this story without having to buy the Remastered version.

That you can get the remastered version of the full game including the DLC for quite a low price now isn't reflected in the price for the standalone though...

OT: I suppose they will make a seperate list. It's a standalone game, not a DLC. It will be weird to have DLC trophies but no possibility to get the base game trophies.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

Well just searching the games on this site, and PST, I'd say that it would add the entire game's trophy list to your profile since there's nothing separate for Left Behind.

^ More than likily this. The same thing happens when you buy the retail version of GTA IV: Episodes of Liberty City. It adds the entire GTA IV trophy list to your profile. Even though the expansions were stand alone, you could technically still unlock a few trophies native to the base game. Maybe the same is possible in the Left Behind stand alone even though it isn't as nearly as big as the aforementioned.

Edited by merciful84

It makes sense that it shares the Trophy list, since you can buy  upgrades for it to get the multiplayer, the normal game etc.

Also, I find it hilarious that people are so invested in trophies, that anything is called a scam if it screws with trophies. 

This is so dumb.

I mean, don't get me wrong, i loved TLoU and Left Behind, but why sell this as a standalone title? It already comes for free in the PS4 version and i swear everyone and their mothers have already played this game, and if they didn't, would they start from Left Behind? NO! Left Behind is full of spoilers, it even says in the Main Menu that it's best to play Left Behind after you've finished the main campaign.

It literally makes no sense, who is this targeted to? People who already have the game? Well... the PS4 version has it for free, and if you have it on the PS3, why not buy the DLC already? No need to make it standalone... but maybe it's targeted to new players? The DLC has a bunch of spoilers!!

They should have made the MP a standalone thing instead. Just my two cents...

• Like 3

I imagine they did it to make the DLC available for people that bought the game on PS3 but not the DLC. This way they can experience this story without having to buy the Remastered version.

That you can get the remastered version of the full game including the DLC for quite a low price now isn't reflected in the price for the standalone though...

OT: I suppose they will make a seperate list. It's a standalone game, not a DLC. It will be weird to have DLC trophies but no possibility to get the base game trophies.

This^

This is why they released it as a standalone title. It cost ND nothing to do this, so why not? Maybe only a couple of hundred people buy it, but who cares? People who have the remastered version obviously isn't the target market.

Honestly i don't know because i ain't being caught by a scam  :)

Honestly, if you think this is a scam I have to question your intellect. There are legitimate reasons for people to buy this. If you didn't buy the dlc on ps3 and now have a ps4, you have a way to play the dlc for cheap without having to buy the full game again. I wouldn't call that anything close to a scam. This isn't for people who have played it before, there is nothing wrong with more options to get the game into peoples hands.

This is so dumb.

I mean, don't get me wrong, i loved TLoU and Left Behind, but why sell this as a standalone title? It already comes for free in the PS4 version and i swear everyone and their mothers have already played this game, and if they didn't, would they start from Left Behind? NO! Left Behind is full of spoilers, it even says in the Main Menu that it's best to play Left Behind after you've finished the main campaign.

It literally makes no sense, who is this targeted to? People who already have the game? Well... the PS4 version has it for free, and if you have it on the PS3, why not buy the DLC already? No need to make it standalone... but maybe it's targeted to new players? The DLC has a bunch of spoilers!!

They should have made the MP a standalone thing instead. Just my two cents...

It's targeted at people who bought/played the main game on PS3 but didn't buy the DLC but don't want to upgrade to the remastered version on the PS4.

• Like 1

It's targeted at people who bought/played the main game on PS3 but didn't buy the DLC but don't want to upgrade to the remastered version on the PS4.

^This people. It's a cheap way for people who played it on ps3 but didn't buy the dlc who now have ps4's and don't want to have to rebuy the full remastered game. Nothing wrong with OPTIONS.

• 5 weeks later...

It's cheap, yes. I considered buying the standalone to see if I'd be interested in getting the TLoU remastered on PS4. Just one thing cauhht my eye at PS store:

Important: 
• This is a standalone game and doesn’t require a copy of The Last of Us™ Remastered.
• This game includes a two-hour trial of Factions multiplayer mode, which you can upgrade to the full version via the in-game store.

So it's a two-hour trial, not really a standalone game?