Silence Falls main quest glitch

So I made it this far in the main story to get this quest only to find out that if you come across any of the red crystals before you start the quest and destroy them or initiate a cut scene, then it will glitch once you start the quest and you won't be able to destroy them and progress through the game.

I read somewhere else that the key is if you destroy one or 2 before the quest, then you have to destroy all 3 before you start the quest otherwise you will have to restart from an earlier save or start the game over. I have not tried this out yet but i will update on whether this works for me tonight.

For this glitch to be so far into the game really sucks cause anyone who gets stuck on it will have wasted 70-120 hours or more of gameplay in having to start over.

• 2 months later...

I ran into this glitch the a couple of days ago. I can confirm that if you destroy ALL of the prismere chantries before actually starting the quest, you'll be fine. When you talk to the guy he'll say something like, "Gadflow is already blind in this region, thanks to you."

Best way to avoid something like this is to keep rotating saves.