Who wants to play Bioshock?

Superbuu3

Bioshock2.png

Banner by Dav9834

Anyone who wants to join, you may use this sign up thread, until Sunday 31st May when it will be closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or consult this thread here. Anyone who invades the We Play thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

This is the sign up topic, the actual topic will be full of spoilers etc so i'm keeping them seperate. Also this should run faster than Okami as its a considerably smaller game.

Hey guys I'm Superbuu3, not sure if people know me, but i'm relatively new to the forum.  TheYuriG and I were thinking of clearing up our backlog and we've had an idea we'll play through games at the same time that way we can talk about our experiences of the game and stuff.  I'm considering putting up some gameplay including boss fights and cutscenes so people who can't play can give there input on the game to. We will move on to Bioshock Infinite after, I'm aware some people may want to do Bioshock 2, I am willing to debate this, my main concerns about that game are its very similar to the first game so people might burnout and secondly it has online trophies which may frustrate and annoy people.

If you want to see how this works in practice we already have done Okami which you can see here.

Why sign ups you may ask well we're going to be starting in a few days and I thought would be nicer if we have a group of us if possible.  I know a lot of people have difficulty getting into a game or struggle to finish for various reason I thought this would be a good idea to motivate.  If you signed up i'll send you a reminder if need be, I also think if you commit to the topic you'll be more likely to follow through on keeping up the pace.

I'm not 100% sure when this will start, but I thought its better telling people sooner or later, I'm estimating a couple of weeks, but it maybe sooner. I'll update this first post accordingly. If you don't want to go for the platinum no one is forcing you to, essential info for a platinum run will be explained in the opening post for the topic.

PS: feel free to join if you wanna play the PC/360 version as well, its more about playing the game than trophies. Also no limit to how many people want to join.

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles, checkpoints will be closer together for this.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

Current players:

1. Superbuu3

2. Half-H3ro

3. UK-Danny-93

4. ryansvader

5. Ryuzaki1993

6. zadorvp

7. freddie1989

8. Kittet3

9. sinnriel

10. Morsey3d

11. greeves96

12.Mystvayne

13.DDrag00n

14. Deeprog

15. Monstergamer007 (could not be bothered to type it out as its spelt)

16. Kyomi-Okami

17. silverstag88

18. redcar200

19. Styx2319

Maybe:

TheYuriG

Saltyie

Hemiak

Shadow0988

ConAir

rfrandy2007

BhekifaZ

xzero4812

Mstalker58

Wdjat Prinny Doods

Edited by Superbuu3

I'd be interested once a definitive date is confirmed. After next Friday would be where my availability begins.

Hey I would like to join this please ... Let me know the date when you decide please also.

When I've got a date I'll quote you guys like this so you'll get a notification, we're not starting within the next 7 days though, IIRC the digital version is like 12GB so i think i'd need to give a decent heads up to people to download it.

I was hoping in the not so distant future there could be a Spinter Cell: Blacklist let's play like this. Any chance that can happen?

That games awesome. I'll keep note of it to be honest though currently the theme has been big games that everyone should've played. Though having a bunch of people to play that with would be pretty awesome.

I've been meaning to go through ther JP version for a long time. Maybe playing along with you guys will motivate me to finally get around to it. How does this work though, do we just go by chapters and wait for everyone to complete the current chapter? Doesn't matter I know the whole game either right?

The "We Play Okami HD" group has been tons of fun (my opinion), so I'd like to continue with that experience. However, I'm going to have less and less free time starting June 1st, so we'll see how well I can keep up at that point.

Question: Unlike Okami, Bioshock has DLC trophies. I'm assuming these will not be required for people who join this but are allowed if people want to go for them?

Let me know when you plan to start Infinite!  

I'll likely make another sign up topic when we're doing that if i don't get a reply in that topic from you, do you want me to PM you?

I've been meaning to go through ther JP version for a long time. Maybe playing along with you guys will motivate me to finally get around to it. How does this work though, do we just go by chapters and wait for everyone to complete the current chapter? Doesn't matter I know the whole game either right?

Thats completely fine, you'll likely be abe to give us tips if anyone is struggling so that'd be great. We had people on new game+ when we did okami.

Obviously no spoilers though. Only discuss plot for the previous checkpoint. As this game shouldn't be too big I'll like set two days for each chapter, but keep in mind things change. If you want to leave the group because its too slow I won't bother you and if you fall behind I won't nag you. Would kill the fun in my eyes.

The "We Play Okami HD" group has been tons of fun (my opinion), so I'd like to continue with that experience. However, I'm going to have less and less free time starting June 1st, so we'll see how well I can keep up at that point.

Question: Unlike Okami, Bioshock has DLC trophies. I'm assuming these will not be required for people who join this but are allowed if people want to go for them?

DLC not required, and you're free to do them whenever, just avoid any potential spoilers etc. for the group.

Also just noticed the dlc costs more than i paid for the game lol.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

I already have the plat for this awesome game but I would seriously rather replay this than finish Okami right now. I'm glad everybody else enjoyed it but it just didn't click for me. I wouldn't mind doing another survivor difficulty play through along side if that works for you guys.

I've been the Okami run you guys are doing & wished I knew sooner so I could have joined! But anyways I already beat Bioshock on ps3 & 360 but I might join so I can get 100% plus it's a good series :) But I'm not sure yet so I'll let you know soon hopefully. Before I forget when will it start? Because if I join I will need to download it agian.

Can I be put down on the maybe list? :)

Yeah no problem, I misspelt your name though.

Put me down for this, I will try to keep up but will know soon enough if I will fall behind. Also gimme a shout on any future ones, I thought Okami was a great idea but the game doesn't interest me. Cheers!!

Don't worry if you fall behind it doesn't seem to be an issue with the okami one everyone seems to be catching up when they had a chance. Different paces seem to work fine. I'm not going to be on anyones cases. I think i should keep note of people who are interwsted in this, so thanks for making me realise that.

I already have the plat for this awesome game but I would seriously rather replay this than finish Okami right now. I'm glad everybody else enjoyed it but it just didn't click for me. I wouldn't mind doing another survivor difficulty play through along side if that works for you guys.

Ok I put you down as a maybe.

I've been the Okami run you guys are doing & wished I knew sooner so I could have joined! But anyways I already beat Bioshock on ps3 & 360 but I might join so I can get 100% plus it's a good series :) But I'm not sure yet so I'll let you know soon hopefully. Before I forget when will it start? Because if I join I will need to download it agian.

I'm not sure on a definite date at the moment lets say not before the 23rd, although its not set in stone.

Borrowed this game from my brother and haven't had the motivation to play it yet. I read the Okami HD topic and the concept looks interesting, so sign me up and I'll see if I can keep up :P

Glad you could join, I didn't realise there was this much interest, but the more people in on this the more fun it will be.

The first Bioshock? I still need to start the whole series. This could be a nice initiative. Depends on the starting date. I can start half way in June. Maybe even the second week but that's like a really small chance.

I doubt we'd be starting that late, but we maybe starting at beginning of june keep in mind bioshock is relatively short so you could in theory catch up. Assuming I got space in m inbox I'll send you a PM regarding this, or you could just send me a PM when you are ready to play. There's also no reason if you do play bioshock to catch up that you can't join in on the later games.

Bioshock is $4.80 for the NA flash sale this weekend, just FYI for anyone who doesn't have it but wants to participate.

Thanks for the heads up I'll put that int he first post.