How do you prefer your game: physical or downloaded? Original packaging or slips?

Remilia Scarlet

Whatever is cheaper :P

I use to be big into digital, but since I've found it impossible to sell any of my games and I just end up letting my little brothers play frisbee with them, I don't have a huge issue with digital. Of course, I've also never played over ten dollars for a digital games.

Almost entirely digital. I couldn't care less about whether or not I can sell my games after I finish them.

However, I prefer my Vita games to be physical as I like the system and there's something about having a collection of games for the system that "doesn't have any games". Though I know that some games are slower to load from a game card than they are from the memory card (Mind Zero for instance).

It don't matter to me. I have bought my share of Physical and digital. As long as I have games to play.

I feel the same. Both physical and digital copies of a game have their pros and cons but as long I get to play my games, I'm happy. Despite saying this, I do have a slight bias for digital games simply because I don't have leave my house.   

If digital is the only route, I have no issue.  If there is a physical release, I will strive to the that most of the time.

Things likes Trials Fusion I'm happy to download, it shouldn't really be a physical release in my opinion - but for the most part I like to have a shelf that shows off what I have as opposed to everything I own being in the aether.

I can't deny the convenience of having it instant access on the hard drive, but I also like the freedom of ability to put anything I own on within two minutes, as opposed to the odds in favour of waiting an hour for something to download.

I liked physical up until they started doing away with the manuals and extras that made them special. 

Now I buy almost exclusively digital cause its usually cheaper. Seeing the game in my steam library with the art, screenshots, community content, etc. is a lot more appealing to me than a disc in a plastic case with nothing more (I hope Sony updates their layout to be similar one day).

Partly because I made the mistake of getting too small HDD (500gb PS3) and memory card (16gb Vita)... I'm running low on space all the time, even my digital fighting games alone take so much space I have gone mostly physical. Most important reason is collecting games on my shelves. I tend to buy games as new (I love unwrapping 'em), but sometimes I have to resort to used if I get interested in some older game I missed years ago. Also, I prefer "original" and GotY cases, only Essentials I get are PS Move games.

On Vita I've gone physical as much as possible. Just to support PAL retail publishing. Sometimes I import NA and Japanese retails if we don't get retail version. NISA is amazing PAL Vita publisher - and they are based in NA! Gotta support them, you know.

• Like 1

Always physical. Only get digital if there's no physical release at all. I don't want to have to upgrade my hard drive for being full of digital games. I could just keep deleting them and re-downloading them when I feel like playing them again, but I'm constantly afraid the game will be gone for good from the PSN Store and I'll lose both my game and my money forever. At least when you buy physical, you know the game is yours to keep. Not to mention I like having the case.

Physical copies they take less room compare to digital on my ps4 i have no more room for my hard drive because of the free games from plus also digital takes way too long to download

The bluray drive on PS4 is not fast enough to read discs and instead does a full installation to your HDD so physical is going to take up the same amount of space anyway.

Installing is quicker than downloading though

What ever is cheapest + people would think im crazy when they would see i have 500 - 600 games on my shelf.

I kinda split them up. got a bout 100-200 on my shelf whichi i think is crazy aswell lol but w/e

I do like to buy my favorite games physically 

If the game has the same price for digital and physical of course I buy the physical. I buy digital games just if they are on sale like FIFA Street, Hitman Absolution and Mirrors Edge are almost always 5€ on psn sale ;)

Edited by pese-97

I always bought my games physical in the beginning ie psone, xbox, xbox360, pc etc. When I got my PS4 I started out physical as well but I realized that I don't want a lot of cases lying around taking space. I don't display them in particular either. Now with a fast internet connection it feels like digital is the way to go. I don't sell my games to stores ever and all of my friends have jobs that pay well so we all buy the games we want, nobody has the need to borrow from each other. So this defeats the main pros of physical copies in my mind.

Digital on the other hand always follow you around, you can never lose them, you don't have to change the disc to play different games. And you can still lend games to others via activating letting them activate your PS4 as the primary console for your account. And to my surprise the price is equal or better than physical. I know that in theory digital should be cheaper since they don't have to actually make them out of anything and ship them etc, but in the past digital always cost more than physical.