How do you prefer your game: physical or downloaded? Original packaging or slips?

Remilia Scarlet

I'm mostly  digital.

If I'm playing something on console then I really don't want to have to get up to change discs.

But if I am using my Vita then I prefer physical (if available) because it has such little memory.

I have so much crap anyways I really don't need a couple hundred games laying around taking up space. And I found that trading in or selling my games just isn't worth it because later on if I (or my girlfriend) wants to play that game then we have to go back out and pay for it again, rather than just downloading it for free.

Physical, as a collector it's nice to have the feeling of owning a hard copy of the game which you can store on your shelf and play at anytime, plus the artworks a bonus, also you can always sell the game if you dislike it. Having said that most of my games on Vita are digital but thats mainly due to not having the option of a physical copy.

I prefer physical because I like that I can sell them if they're shit. But mostly because all the games look good together sitting in my cupboard.

Only buy digital if they're cheaper or if the game isn't available else where.

Definitely physical over digital, as many have stated: I buy digital version when there are no physical version or the physical one is very expensive/hard to find.

Another issue I found is about the size, some games are big, like 32GB or more, and I don't like the: just uninstall what you don't need.

That process of download again I'd like to avoid.

I have no problem to get up, go to my library take my game (any game I want) disc and put it in the disc tray.

The point of having digital games is having (if not all) most of them at hand. If I'd  have the chance to avoid the re-download thing it would be great.

So the day (probably will never happen) that Sony let me backup my digital games individually and not all together in a HUGE unique file then I'll appreciate more the digital market.

Edited by GoldenShaka

For games I like the most,I will have physical copies such as Persona, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Batman Arkham, etc.There are also some games I like but I have digital version because it is impossible to get it physical such as Okami, Resident Evil Remake and Lone Survivor.

Games I play just for trophies or for one-time play I have them in digital version such as Thief,Sherlock Holmes,Zombie Driver,etc.All of them are either cost lower than 10 USD or free.

• Like 1

I'm a bit on both sides. I usually get digital games, because I've had a lot of issues with disc drives failing on me before and I don't trust the one in my PS3, even though it's worked flawlessly from day 1. I do, however, get a good number of games on disc, and I don't shy away from disc-only games. Disc games usually have longer load times while the system reads the disc, then converts all the data to start displaying it. Disc games are also more prone to failure because of the mentioned disc drive, or from internal issues like dust buildup. Disc games usually take up less room on the HDD. Sure, they have the Game Data install, but that install combined with the save for the game is usually less that the save data plus the digital filesize of the entire game. Digital games are more stable, and have faster loading times, fewer errors, etc., but they take up far more HDD space, which makes them a bit of a pain to have in large numbers at once. However, my catalog is currently split almost exactly 50/50 digital/disc. I really don't exercise a preference, I just buy whatever fits on my HDD better, which can be either one depending on what games I've finished and deleted.

tl;dr

Whatever I can get to fit on my HDD.

I do prefer physical copies over digital copies for a few reasons. Physical copies are usually cheaper, you can sell them, lend them, return them etc. I don't mind digital games, especially from PS Plus. There's also a lot of fantastic games that are only available via digital download. But a game has to be significantly cheaper digitally than the physical copy before I'd consider that alternative.

I have a lot more physical games but nothing beats going out and buying the game new, there's no download then and maybe I'm alone but taking the plastic off the game is oddly satisfying to me. Overall I love the digital games so that I don't have to switch disks and its all there on the console in case I take it somewhere. Space and download times are my only complaints