EA Servers offline and game freezing

You need a copy of certain games to access the servers I believe. Medal of honor airborne & the orange box both work if I remember right.

^^This^^ You would need to use either one of those games, or older. Sign in with that older game online, accept the T&C, quit, then load up Mercs 2. Should be fine after that.

• 1 month later...

As further information to the above you can also use Battlefield: Bad Company. (which can be had from Ebay for about £5 if you don't have it)

Simply start up the game, head to online, accept the EULA if it comes up and that activates your "EA" account for access into online for BF:BC, Merc2 and a few other older EA titles.

(I also joined a match on BF:BC just to confirm that the online was still up/working)

I acquired the plat for this game nearly 4 months ago, I can't vouch for it still being up now but I'm hoping the work arounds above still work fine.

Billion Dollar Babies was the trophy I was most concerned about, and I didn't want to start the game again without ensuring online actually functioned.

(Also, I know it's a bit of an odd comment, but if you are trying for the plat and don't need any other online trophies besides Billion Dollar Babies then start your game, set your lobby to friends only in online options, then playthrough the game entirely. Make sure you don't disconnect from EA servers too when you're close for the trophy, I remember some people having problems with the money trophies because they weren't connected to EA at the time, and subsequently, missed out on the money trophies entirely / forcing unobtainable platinum)

Edited by Takara
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Yeah that was it. I think an Army of Two game also works. Not sure if it's the original one or 40th day though.

It was the original Army of Two. Install and accept the license agreement, then Mercs 2 should work. But as mentioned, the online servers shut down years ago and they're necessary for some trophies. My friend loved the game and got the Plat, but my PS3 died and I never got to complete it.

• 6 years later...

Hi everyone, I resume this post just to help someone who has a freeze problem when starting the game.  

EA terms and conditions of a game prior to 2008 must be accepted.

Currently a working method in 2022 is to launch Medal of Honor Airborne, the servers are still open.  Once accepted, the game will works! 

• Like 1