Stuck on story mode boss xD

Tomoko Kuroki

How do I hurt the final boss in phase 2 ? My bullets just shoot the red orbs he infinitely spams, even if I use my R1 it kills his missiles but not the orbs. I noticed I can walk into my R1 spell to make me invulnerable, but the laser still hurts me, still experimenting with this ability, not quite sure the best way to use it yet.

Pretty bad news already if I can't beat the story mode ><

If you mean the phase where he spawns a bunch of tentacle thingers, look for the one that Fululu is sitting on top of.  She'll teleport around to each one randomly and only that particular one can be damaged, just strafe to the left or right until you find it.

Edit : ...Beaten by less than a minute, apparently.

Edited by Dalez1658

I don't think were talking about the same boss, maybe it's not even a boss the thing im on, its a ship that shoots a pink laser, thats the only attack it does, and it has lasers and red orb flying out. Figured out the pattern but then death scythe guiys appear and a shit, this games crazy I dunno if I can do this lol.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Oh, the *other* final boss  xD

I think probably the best way to do it is to wait until just after it fires off the first big laser (should be the very first attack it does) then fire off a fully charged Curse Bullet at its center.  This will damage it and take care of the red orbs at the same time so that you can mostly focus on staying alive and avoiding the small lasers.  By the time it wears off the boss will probably be firing off the next big laser so just wait for it and then repeat the process.

The other way to do it if you're using a character with a relatively straight shot is to stand off to the left or right and aim for the center at a 45 degree angle (no Curse Bullet or the shield counterattacks will probably get you).  Takes longer but it keeps you mostly out of the path of the lasers entirely.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, I tried the fululu and nowa challenges, I couldn't even beat that same boss in the first fululu challenge, my attack shoots just 1 bullet instead of a row of 5 it's just way too hard. I've decided to make Hannah montana my 100th plat.

Edit : 

I recommend (if your going for the plat) to do Netherworld adventure 1st (including Fululu and Nowa's DLC) then do the rest, you'll see how easy it gets and less frustrating.

I tried doing them but I can't.. I was almost able to finish  the first fululu challenge, but I die at the castle part where there's rolling boulders falling down, I always lose my 2 last characters on this part. This is probably one of the easiest missions also, plus I'm using nowa who seems absolutely overpowered, dunno if you can abuse her opness in all the other missions.
Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

• 5 months later...

I tried doing them but I can't.. I was almost able to finish  the first fululu challenge, but I die at the castle part where there's rolling boulders falling down, I always lose my 2 last characters on this part. This is probably one of the easiest missions also, plus I'm using nowa who seems absolutely overpowered, dunno if you can abuse her opness in all the other missions.

Don't give up! That is the worst thing you can do. My only issue is the Mighty and Untouchable trophies. I'm sure I'll get Mighty sooner or later, but what kills me is the final boss during the 3rd phase. Not the Eye Ball part, before that. It is rather annoying to be honest and is not all that hard, but what makes it hard is the mere fact bullets just fly everywhere. Ugh.

Thanks for the tips, I tried the fululu and nowa challenges, I couldn't even beat that same boss in the first fululu challenge, my attack shoots just 1 bullet instead of a row of 5 it's just way too hard. I've decided to make Hannah montana my 100th plat.

Edit : 

As an aside, don't do that part. I don't know why everyone goes right at the last turn. It's MUCH easier to go left. No boulders (logs instead, which have regular patterns and are easily dodgeable), and the enemies are quite easy to control. Plus, there's a guaranteed extra life waiting at the end of the left path (in one of the pots), in case you mess up.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

As an aside, don't do that part. I don't know why everyone goes right at the last turn. It's MUCH easier to go left. No boulders (logs instead, which have regular patterns and are easily dodgeable), and the enemies are quite easy to control. Plus, there's a guaranteed extra life waiting at the end of the left path (in one of the pots), in case you mess up.

I always went left as well until last night. The right side takes about 1/3rd the time of the right side, and when you reach the end you have a guaranteed heart and like 7 time bubbles. Now instead I just pick a side and shoot as I move forward, if I need to go around a ball I use a short Curse bullet to slow it down. I rarely get hit here. As long as you stop right at the end and move to the side for the huge ball to fall and roll past, this side is actually quite a bit faster and easier, especially on the 5 star run. Edited by Hemiak

• 6 months later...

Don't give up! That is the worst thing you can do. My only issue is the Mighty and Untouchable trophies. I'm sure I'll get Mighty sooner or later, but what kills me is the final boss during the 3rd phase. Not the Eye Ball part, before that. It is rather annoying to be honest and is not all that hard, but what makes it hard is the mere fact bullets just fly everywhere

Any tips on the untouchable trophy? Getting to the last boss without getting hit is fairly easy but there's no way I can beat him without getting hit. I usually get hit 4 or even 5 times (and die  :() on this boss alone. I can't find any good video of somebody doing it or any tips that could help. Any help would be greatly appreciated !  :D

Any tips on the untouchable trophy? Getting to the last boss without getting hit is fairly easy but there's no way I can beat him without getting hit. I usually get hit 4 or even 5 times (and die  :() on this boss alone. I can't find any good video of somebody doing it or any tips that could help. Any help would be greatly appreciated !  :D

The best advice I can give is to practice, practice, practice. You can also use Nowa if you are having trouble.