Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remilia Scarlet

What is the longest it's ever taken you to download a file on PSN?

37 posts in this topic

I don't actually know. I have a 1Gbps connection, so I never really had to wait for a download.

Mostly of the time I start the download, get some snacks or cookies and something to drink to get back and there it is, downloaded and well...  B)

When I had crap internet at less than 1 mbps it took 3 days or so for Hitman Absolution. I have up to 30 mbps now so it shouldn't take long for larger downloads now.

I've never had issues with downloading games. Not the fastest but Not slow either. 

The Elder Scrolls Online took 40 hours to download it's initial update file

A week or two later they released another patch, but botched it so you had to re-download the original patch with the new, small one

Took 45 hours

Made me sell the game, wasn't willing to wait that long everytime

Longest after that is around 2 hours max I'd say, Beyond: Two Souls, 36GB

ESO wasn't a loss to sell, the game was trash

Probably 3-4 days was the longest on PS3, but that was alot of patches.

From which i could remember it was RE 5 Gold Editon (7.5 GB) . It took me 1 hour and 10 minutes . I know cause i count it with my chronometer  :lol:

I have several ones where I just throw tell the thing to turn off when it's done, which will usually be sometime in the morning. I don't know what it is but the PS4's connection to the internet for me is either average (which is A+ in this country according to SpeedTest) or god awful which is like a megabyte every 10 seconds or so.

Not very fun when you want to play DriveClub for 5 minutes and have to download 27gb worth of bloody content.

On good days I have about 300kb/s, on bad days ways less. So I don't really download any big AAA games only games with up to 10GB.

But my brother downloaded GTA V and it took him 12 days

And I'm living in one of Europe's biggest metropolitan areas so it really sucks that everyone else's internet is fine.

The Move update for Heavy Rain took me about 12 hours to download. It was a pretty large file and I had really crappy Internet at the time. It couldn't background download, so I had to leave my PS3 on while I was at work!

Well for me its ps3 updates back then i had horrible internet so it would take more than six hours so i couldnt even play online