17th/18th May Downtime

Sly Ripper

I started my morning yesterday to find out that the PSN servers were down AND psnprofiles was down! Yikes! I thought to myself, 'Is this the First Sign of the Apocalypse?'

Glad to have everything back so quickly - this is a great online community - and I really missed it yesterday. Thanks for all the hard work that went on behind-the-scenes.

• Like 1

I'm actually a little relieved that it was hardware failure this time, not an attack. At least hardware failures are a single fix while attacks can last for an unknown amount of time.

EDIT: I've noticed a bit of lag when posting and editing posts that wasn't there before the crash. Hopefully it's on my end and not on the server's end.

Edited by theguytom

As it said on the homepage; the RAID card failed. It started restarting itself and putting the array into read-only causing the DB to crash. While it would recover, certain queries would crash it again and it became a bit of a mess.

We restored from a backup made early 17th May, everything looks like it's okay now.

Sorry for any data lost since then.

I'm so glad you didn't have to restore things from an earlier backup otherwise a lot of posts regarding guide improvements would've been gone. Now, only a few are gone and those are easily replaced.

Y'all were scared, eh? I was wondering if any of the 6,000 images I manage got corrupted or if any aspect of the ~600 guides got corrupted in any way, lol but it all looks fine :P Excellent recovery Sly *salute*

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

Y'all were scared, eh? I was wondering if any of the 6,000 images I manage got corrupted or if any aspect of the ~600 guides got corrupted in any way, lol but it all looks fine :P Excellent recovery Sly *salute*

Well the scenario that was running in my head was Sly left Parker to guard the site but AF came back dressed fully in Joker Paint and took over the site and corrupted it in his own image. It was a sad scene :(

34osfgg.jpg

• Like 2