How many Gimmick Platinums do you have?

Dr_Mayus

So I just got the platinum in Skylanders Giants and I realized I have a lot of platinums that revolve around a gimmick. I then began to wonder, how many gimmick platinums do I have and are there anyone on this site that has more than I do :). Now when I say gimmick platinum I mean the platinum has to be obtained using an item other than a Dual Shock or the basic Vita abilities (so the camera and touch screen on the Vita aren't gimmicks as they are part of the original hardware). Also games like Killzone 3 or De Blob 2 don't count as they may be a Move game but you can also play it with a dualshock but Burnout Paradise does count as you need an PSEye to get the platinum.

So here is a list of gimmick items to obtain platinums (I will update the list if people suggest other stuff)

-The Playstation Move (has to be a Move required game)

-The PS EYE/Eyetoy

-Vita AR Cards

-Eye of Judgement Cards

-U-Draw tablet

-Skylanders Portal/Toys

-Disney Infinity Portal/Toys

Tony Hawk Skateboard

-Drums/Guitars/Mics

-DJ Turntables

-Facebook

-Uplay

PSHome

-Buzz Controllers

-EA Sport Active Heart Monitors

-Light Source (lamp, sun, candle)

Dr_Mayus's List

1. Buzz Quiz TV

2. Buzz Quiz World

3. Cabela's Adventure Camp

4. EA Sports Active 2

5. EYEpet

6. EYEPet and Friends

7.Instant Artst

8. Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat

9. Pictionary

10. Playstation Move Fitness

11. Skylanders Giants

12. Skylanders Spyros Adventure

13. Sorcery

14. Start the Party

15. Start the Party Save the World

16. Tony Hawk Ride

17. Tony Hawk Shred

18. We Dare

19. Wonderbook Book of Spells

20. Uncharted Golden Abyss

21. Hatsune Miku Project Divas F

22. Smart As

23. Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

Edited by Dr_Mayus

The only ones I have so far are:

1. Burnout Paradise (EYE Camera)
  2. Smart As... (AR Cards)
  3. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Light Source)
  4. Assassin's Creed: Liberation (Light Source)

I have a few Move only games yet to finish (or start :P) that will add to this meagre list.

Edited by Stevieboy

Hmm...Never thought about how many I have lets see..:hmm:

1. Wonderbook Book of Spells
2. Cabela's Adventure Camp
3. Hatsune Miku PDf ( I may be incorrect about this one, but I swear you needed an AR card for one trophy...)

Not a whole lot, which makes sense because I never use peripherals.  

Hmm...Never thought about how many I have lets see.. :hmm:

1. Wonderbook Book of Spells

2. Cabela's Adventure Camp

3. Hatsune Miku PDf ( I may be incorrect about this one, but I swear you needed an AR card for one trophy...)

Not a whole lot, which makes sense because I never use peripherals.  

you did, but you could cheese it by finding one online and pointing your vita at your pc screen. 

mine would be 

eyepet

smart as

skylanders

project diva f vita

and uncharted golden abyss. i guess that counts

Edited by shawnbenham
  • Like 1

Rock Band 2

-Mic

-Drum

-GH guitar ( I can't play well enough with a RB guitar since I personally found it to be a pile of shit)

-RB guitar you need it to get one trophie for doing an FC on a solo, only using the "solo" buttons.

The closest I've got to this gimmick thing apart from this is using a rubberband, it's not necessary in order to get the trophie but I wouldn't have bother to do some grindy trophies without it.

I think Burnout Paradise is my only one but question though dood. Would Uncharted Golden Abyss count, I know you said the camera doesn't count but wondered if this was an exception since you had to put the camera up to a light for one part of the game dood

Yes Uncharted would count. I am going to add Lamp/Sun to my list of gimmicks :P

you did, but you could cheese it by finding one online and pointing your vita at your pc screen. 

mine would be 

eyepet

smart as

skylanders

project diva f vita

Yes but that still requires a Laptop/screen to get it so that counts (and I forgot about that one so I will add it to my list ^_^)

1. EyePet (Move)

2. Disney Sing It: Family Hits (microphone)

3. Rock Band 2 (guitar, drums and microphone)

This list will get much larger in time, as I've come to enjoy playing Move games (compatible or required).

Edited by effdeegee

This thread really makes me wish I could get the DDR platinum...I think it requires more than just the dance pad. (I did as much as I could by controller)

As such...I will just make the joke that all my platinums are gimmick platinums...because they all required me

:|

• Like 1

Okami was awesome with the move, thoroughly enjoyed that one.

I did Heavy Rain with the move controlls, found that really engaging.

Then I also got my plat in Dead Space Extraction using only my sharpshooter, probably one of the best rail shooters I've played.

I've got a few more move games with awfully rare plats like House of the Dead Overkill and Child of Eden that I may get back to one day.

How about platinums that require you to log something on a website outside of the game?

I did include Facebook as a gimmick as Michael Jackson Experience does make you go on Facebook. But I forgot about UPlay. Assassin's Creed Liberation HD cannot be platted without downloading an addition scene from that server.

Are there other games that make you do that?

Assassin's Creed Liberation (Vita)

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (the Connor mission is required if unlocked before starting the game, so I'm including it)

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3;Dual mode multiplayer)

Diggs Nightcrawler

Disney Infinity

Instant Artist

Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat

Pictionary

Saints Row: The Third (personally I'd say the character uploading trophy counts for this)

Saints Row IV (personally I'd say the character uploading trophy counts for this as well)

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Unit 13 (I used Near for this, so I say it counts xD)

Wonderbook: Book of Potions

Wonderbook: Book of Spells

Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs

I may have forgotten some.

I did include Facebook as a gimmick as Michael Jackson Experience does make you go on Facebook. But I forgot about UPlay. Assassin's Creed Liberation HD cannot be platted without downloading an addition scene from that server.

Are there other games that make you do that?

There's also other games that required specific websites such as some Buzz games & Army of Two games.