PS3 & XBOX 360 is dead

imakillerwomble

I personally do not view the PS3 as dead by any stretch. The point is, I still continue to buy games for the system and play them almost every day. I do not own a PS4, nor do I plan to get one anytime soon.

In my mind, as long as I still play the system, it's not dead yet.

PS3 forever or until the HDD craps out and ever.

• Like 3

Do what ever you want UBisoft,have another train wreck with a new AC PS4 game, I personally couldn't care what you say, I still got lots of PS3 games still to play and when I get a PS4 I'll still play both consoles, heck I even still play a lot of the old consoles

• Like 1

So, is there any actual proof about PS3/360 holding back the the PS4/Xbox One I'm still more convinced people are on a just a let's hate PS3/360 phase of some sort.

Anyway for the most part I might end my PS3 collection at 300 I have 172 at the moment well unless any more HD collections are made that is like Legend of Spyro HD Trilogy or Viewtifule Joe.

Because the catalogue has stopped growing?

Thats like saying a person is dead just because they have retired - the 7th gen still has its golden years to potter about the garden and enjoy the company of its grandchildren

• Like 3

when Sony takes down the PS3 servers it will be the most retarded thing they do.

*right now Sony has a good thing going, on PS3 people have tons of old games slowly dropping in price= extra money for them and devs.

*the free network which drew tons of people to it during the PS3/360 age now gives people who don't wanna pay the pay-to-play thing on PS4 an option which means people are still buying the system= extra money for them.

*they can give better discounts to people on PS3 if game production ends since the games on it already are considered "old"= extra money for them and devs.

all you people who keep saying it should go away are blind. Sony had a smart/sneaky play set up here. they are drawing two times the money, from both pay-to-play fans and free-to-play fans.

• Like 1

In my opinion I think the PS3 will die out at the end of 2015, the system will be just good for Netflix and offline gaming as the servers will be dead.

I'll be happy to tell you you're wrong come New Years.

I spend much more time and money on my PS3 than my PS4. Actually I play my PSVita more than my PS4. As others have said, I also have hundreds of games in backlog. I could probably go the next ten years and not run out of games to play on my PS3.

In my opinion, the PS4 up till now has been a big "so what". I bought it at release and platted a few games on it, but I still feel the best game experiences are on the PS3 IMO.

• Like 4

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. As long as the psn servers are up and new games are coming to PSN, the PS3 is not "dead." When I think "dead", I think that the system is out of date AND 80- 90% of gamers have moved on to a newer system.

That simply isn't the case, people still play their PS3 even if they have a PS4, and though production is low for PS3 games, that doesn't make it "dead" as long as the community is strong for the system.

Hell yea , PS3 is very much alive still and this is a total overreaction indeed , i finally got a PS4 last week with my new contract phone and the PS4 is still in the box :D

• Like 1

I won't be buying a PS4 til it goes below £150, and that'll be a while yet. I just couldn't afford to even if I wanted it, and with a backlog of 70+ games on PS3 and about that many on Xbox 360, I reckon FFXV and Type-0 can wait, though I'm a devoted FF fan and will probably get the console just to play them eventually. As things stand I have 6 different consoles with a 300-game backlog - I think I'm set for the next several years if I decide to be! PS3 won't die any time soon. Not that I do much multiplayer gaming anyway, but the LittleBigPlanet & LBP 2 & 3 servers alone will keep it going.