PS3 & XBOX 360 is dead

imakillerwomble

Months or even year long rentals? you can be as technical as you like, you're getting your money's worth out of it with the content.

When you think about it this is not a good thing long term though. Unless you want to be locked into Playstation each generation eventually you will have to give these games up.

Sony also has built a terrible reputation when it comes to support for their less popular consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if sometime during this generation PSN will be shut down for PS3 and you will no longer be able to download your games from the store.

When you think about it this is not a good thing long term though. Unless you want to be locked into Playstation each generation eventually you will have to give these games up.

Sony also has built a terrible reputation when it comes to support for their less popular consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if sometime during this generation PSN will be shut down for PS3 and you will no longer be able to download your games from the store.

when that happens i'm switching to Nintendo.. but i agree, Sony has been real A-holes as of late. in stead of just patching a game they shut it down, sometimes not long after release.case in point White Knight Chronicles.

How is that different from buying a new platform and selling the old one/abandoning it with physical copies? unless you just download those games for the sake of it and don't play them what so ever, you're getting your moneys worth by getting all of them for a relatively small fee compared to actually buying each and every single one.

when that happens i'm switching to Nintendo.. but i agree, Sony has been real A-holes as of late. in stead of just patching a game they shut it down, sometimes not long after release.case in point White Knight Chronicles.

How is that different from buying a new platform and selling the old one/abandoning it with physical copies? unless you just download those games for the sake of it and don't play them what so ever, you're getting your moneys worth by getting all of them for a relatively small fee compared to actually buying each and every single one.

Well in that case you still have something to show for it, whether its some sort of collection or money from selling them. I'd assume if PSN gets shut down eventually these copies would expire.

It really depends on what kind of gamer you are, I like to keep all the games in my library because I enjoy collecting and may feel like going back to them one day.

Edited by Hailst0rm_2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The PS3 is not dead for me. There are literally hundreds of games for me to play on this console, but i'm kinda late to the party though.

don't worry, people are not abandoning the system yet, even if people here say they are.

new COD coming (yes its coming to PS3 also)

new WWE game

Metal Gear Phantom Pain coming

and if they ever bring it out of limbo there is still Little Big Hub.

and more, PS3 is no where near dead yet.

• Like 1

I only got a PS3 at the end of 2013, so there are still a ton of existing games I want to enjoy.

I just hope they do not stop trophy synchronisation for the PS3 and PS Vita for around 10 years at least!

Still, with PS NOW I guess it is much less likely to happen.

Edited by BOOTP

Where do people get the idea that the PS3 is dead? It's still very alive. Hell I still consider my N64 alive because I still play it, don't say a console is dead unless someone pulls the trigger.

Edited by RedSkyKing
  • Like 1

I believe because i read somewhere on the internet that sony stops supporting consoles after 10 years

I hope not, just got my PS3 last year. am i late?

as long as they can keep making money off the PS3 its not going anywhere. for people who dislike pay to play its still a draw for the free multiplayer. then throw in the price dropping, Sony had a sneaky plan here, pay to play for PS4 for the newer games, but keep PS3 free to draw people to a system they got lost profit on. PS3 is like an extra money source for Sony and they would be stupid to drop it.