God of War 3 Remaster Kratos vs Hades on PS4

Damn that looks amazing :holy:. I'm surprised how much I forgot about this boss fight. I do remember the fight before you dump Hades in the Styx river, because that was the hardest part of the Hades boss fight during Hard mode.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Shame the rest of the trilogy isn't included, seems a bit pointless really. Fans of the franchise are most likely to have played the most critically acclaimed entry in the series, while new players will be left confused after starting at the conclusion.

Maybe because the first 2 are HD remakes from the PS2. GoW3 was developed for the PS3 and it's easier (and probably a lot cheaper) to remaster it for the PS4.

To be honest, this seems like a lazy remaster. There's no new content other than the photo mode and graphically other than the framerate; it looks slightly better than the PS3 version. Not worth the $40 in my opinion.

• Like 2

Shame the rest of the trilogy isn't included, seems a bit pointless really. Fans of the franchise are most likely to have played the most critically acclaimed entry in the series, while new players will be left confused after starting at the conclusion.

They are offering gow 1/2 for free for like 2 weeks with playstation now when you buy the remaster. 

edit - 3 months but you need to pre-order the game.

Edited by Tomato

Anyone who knows me knows that I dislike HD ports, but this honestly has me excited as hell. I love God of War, and while I have played and beaten God of War III, I kind of want to play it and beat it again on PS4. 

But where the hell is Borderlands HD?

God of War III was actually the LEAST critically acclaimed of the trilogy.

Also, i doubt many people play those games for the story - ive played every GoW game except Ascention, and have never managed to make myself care about the story - i doubt the creators even care that much, since they work so hard to make Kratos an unlikable and whiney dickhead

• Like 1

Reminds me: where is Dante's Inferno 2?

But seriously, I'll probably end up getting this if it's priced reasonably. I've still got GoW 1&2 sat on my PS3 and Vita awaiting completion, I may as well finish the trilogy on the best performance once it's out.

Anyone who knows me knows that I dislike HD ports, but this honestly has me excited as hell. I love God of War, and while I have played and beaten God of War III, I kind of want to play it and beat it again on PS4. 

But where the hell is Borderlands HD?

It's like that saying "There are no atheists in foxholes", except my version is "Everyone complains about HD remakes until they see one they want." :P

Edited by damon8r351

It's like that saying "There's no atheists in foxholes", except my version is "Everyone is against HD remakes until they see one they want." :P

I'm not against any of the remakes being made. More games available on more platforms can only be good from a consumer perspective.

I'm not against any of the remakes being made. More games available on more platforms can only be good from a consumer perspective.

"Everyone" in this case does not literally mean everyone, it's merely a pronoun I put there in place of saying "a large vocal minority". Now be quiet, you're ruining my point. :P

Edited by damon8r351

Reminds me: where is Dante's Inferno 2?

But seriously, I'll probably end up getting this if it's priced reasonably. I've still got GoW 1&2 sat on my PS3 and Vita awaiting completion, I may as well finish the trilogy on the best performance once it's out.

Visceral said that they have no plans to make a sequel because of how awful Dante's Inferno did.

Edited by AnimeDreama

Visceral said that they have no plans to make a sequel because of how awful Dante's Inferno did.

I know, I was being facetious.  :P The gameplay shown in OP reminded me of Inferno, that's all. I haven't got too far into GoW yet.

I think it's a shame though. I quite enjoyed the art, story and environments in Dante's Inferno. It'd have been interesting to have seen what they did with the whole of Divine Comedy. 

WOW, are you serious? First of all, God of War has no story, are you out of your mind? God of War has more story than almost any other playstation exclusive, and Kratos is a whiney dickhead?

Spoilers follow:

Well he got tricked to murder his family, every god betrayed him, he has no one, when he found someone new he cared about it didn't take long until he lost her, he got a chance at rescuing his daughter but had to leave her to save the world. He isn't whiney, he is angry for some good reasons. 

Dude, people is whiney when PSN goes down, and people call to the police when facebook goes down, and you complain that the dude that lost everything, not only once, is a 'whiney bitch'.. Yes he screams a lot, and talk shit about the gods and only seems to care about killing gods. But can you blame him? 

Also, God of War has an amazing story. The story in every game, even in the side games, Ghost of Sparta, Chain of Olympus and Ascension is the story good. Ofcourse it lacks a bit in those, but it still is important to the story. The God of War trilogy is amazing, and the story is without a doubt one of the best there is in terms of Playstation exclusives.

1. You dont need to tell me the story - like i said, ive played (and platted) all of them.

2. I didnt say they have no story - i said they had a weak story and that i doubted people played them for the story.

3. Kratos has no dimensions at all. He is just angry whish while fun for one game, is tedious for 5. I just ended up being bored with his whining about how hard done to he is - you know who is hard done to in that world? - EVERYONE! So calm down Kratos, youre not special! ;-)

Kratos has no dimensions? How about the scenes where he shows compassion for his wife and daughter? Or for Pandora in GoW3? Lol right, everyone gets a tough rub in life.... except not everyone has been tricked into killing their loved ones... Taunted by the visions of the deed for years, and promised a reprieve... only to be "forgiven" for it, with no actual reprieve whatsoever. He also was forced to kill his mother, because Zeus cursed her so she could never reveal he was actually Kratos' father. His whole life is a series of tragic events starting from childhood. Yet, he still has the strength and fortitude to topple the Greek gods almost by sheer will, and to traverse the underworld multiple times. I'd say, someone whos trudged through more shit than a sewer rat, deserves to be an "angry whiney dickhead". 

Edit: I understand it's your opinion, but I actually enjoy the series, and Kratos as a character.

Edited by KratosTheMighty
  • Like 3

WOW, are you serious? First of all, God of War has no story, are you out of your mind? God of War has more story than almost any other playstation exclusive, and Kratos is a whiney dickhead?

Spoilers follow:

Well he got tricked to murder his family, every god betrayed him, he has no one, when he found someone new he cared about it didn't take long until he lost her, he got a chance at rescuing his daughter but had to leave her to save the world. He isn't whiney, he is angry for some good reasons. 

Dude, people is whiney when PSN goes down, and people call to the police when facebook goes down, and you complain that the dude that lost everything, not only once, is a 'whiney bitch'.. Yes he screams a lot, and talk shit about the gods and only seems to care about killing gods. But can you blame him? 

Also, God of War has an amazing story. The story in every game, even in the side games, Ghost of Sparta, Chain of Olympus and Ascension is the story good. Ofcourse it lacks a bit in those, but it still is important to the story. The God of War trilogy is amazing, and the story is without a doubt one of the best there is in terms of Playstation exclusives.

Jeez calm down