Cheaters, Hiding Trophies, Leaderboards

I like this idea.

I've always thought it was a bit pointless to let hackers just hide any list they get flagged for over and over. Since if they're hacking that much, there's a very good possibility that some of the games that look legit are hacked too.

• Like 3

I love how people who hack themselves to the top like that guy not only make it obvious with so many plats, but they hack impossible games like Moto GP 09/10 and Moto GP 10/11.

I was just wondering if we could institute a thing where if you are flagged for a trophy and then are caught again cheating you are permanently off the leaderboards.

I see a user that I know I (or someone else) flagged and they just hide the contested game and are right back where they started. The #1 on the Canadian Leaderboards has over 3000 trophies hidden and I just reported another one of his games. All of games are platted in under a years time so that is 642 platinums in like a 12 month period.

I know we shouldn't do call out threads, but I was just wondering if there is limited amount of times you can get flagged or can you just keep hiding and hacking games?

I don't get why people bother to do hacking this blatant, but in my opinion someone hacking this badly should just be "one and done" in regards to how many chances they get.

• Like 1

I see a user that I know I (or someone else) flagged and they just hide the contested game and are right back where they started.

I once reported someone who hacked games too and after that (s)he hid all the games and a while later I saw that same person on this site again. Took a look at the profile and the timestamps from the hacked game had been changed so it wasn't obviously hacked and seemed legit.

But why? If they hide the hacked games, they are showing only legit trophies.

If there are other hacked games on display, just flag them too :dunno:

No, I'm with Dr_Mayus on this one. I think there should be much less leniency. I can understand someone playing a hacked game at one point in the past, and wanting a second chance. But when you are dealing with serial cheaters, or individuals like the one in question whose entire profile is a cheat, they should be one and done.

I looked at that profile when it popped up, and there are numerous days with multiple plats - I found a dozen on one day. When you look at the time stamps, trophies from a half a dozen different games are being earned within minutes of each other. That is either a shared account or multiple hacked games. If you already have 3000+ hidden trophies, you are a career cheat and do not belong on the leaderboards, period.

I would otherwise support a system of;

1st Strike - Flagged and warned - offending game removed from the profile

2nd Strike - Moved permanently to cheater section. Option to apply for reinstatement only upon request, and with the understanding that you have removed ALL illegitimate trophies from your profile

3rd  Strike - Permanently removed with no option for reinstatement, or outright ban from the site (I would favor the latter)

• Like 1

how can you tell if they hacked it? cuz I don't want to be called a cheater for I got to level 50 in one go by mistake for I joined a guy who hacked his game to make all the enemys level 100+ in borderland 1.5

That's not gonna get you flagged (IMO).

We are talking about people who have loaded save files from hundreds of games onto their profiles to add thousands of trophies they didn't earn.

Using a glitch/exploit is a different situation. Even in your example, that is a single trophy, not entire game(s).

I thought Sly or Parker had said the limit was 3. Someone can hide their cheated game and return to the clean leaderboard but only 3 times. Anymore after that and they're in the dirty cheater pool for good.

That's not working, cause I know several cheaters, who left leaderboard and returned again for more, than 3 times. In fact they all have at least 300-500 trophies hidden (that's more than 10-20 games!!!). May be there should be a limit for hidden games count or what? Edited by ScooloV
  • Like 1

I have an even better idea

Get flagged - instant ban from leaderboards

The problem with that is that if you go out of your way to get the fastest possible time and others report you because they don't think it's possible, you are permanently banned from the leaderboard for being good at a game.

• Like 1

The problem with that is that if you go out of your way to get the fastest possible time and others report you because they don't think it's possible, you are permanently banned from the leaderboard for being good at a game.

The method that Goekie suggested would mean that they are only banned from the leaderboard, not the site, which means that they can dispute any hacking claims by posting on the forum.

The method that Goekie suggested would mean that they are only banned from the leaderboard, not the site, which means that they can dispute any hacking claims by posting on the forum.

So pretty much what is done now? When I hear ban, I think permanent. I would have used the word removed. It doesn't have as absolute a connotation.

So pretty much what is done now? When I hear ban, I think permanent. I would have used the word removed. It doesn't have as absolute a connotation.

No, with the way it's done now, you can simply hide the game and get back on the leaderboard. I assume what Goekie meant is that once your flagged, that's it - you can't get back on the leaderboard at all, not even by hiding.

However, being kicked off the leaderboard isn't a ban, so they are still able to dispute on the forums.

• Like 1

TheGuyTom,

I don't think that's the problem. We are talking about chronic cheaters. Gamers earning 10-20 plats in one day. I've come across dozens of cheaters on this site where, when you pull up their profile, they platted and completed 50 games in 2-3 days. I have alerted the mods to these cheaters, but only on the games I know personally. So they might have 50 titles that have been hacked, but if I only turn them in for three games, they can hide those games, become legitimate again, And go back into the standings.

I don't have a solution, I like having premium members have the option to turn people in. Funny thing is, I don't even fully understand how people are able to even hack their games. Lol.

Edited by PerryToxteth

Cheaters are the worst, I've noticed a few gamers getting the worlds biggest welch fan in Star Ocean without killing the ethereal Queen and you need her feathers for item creation.

They ruin leaderboards and mess with the rarity of the trophies that actually take pre-planning, skill and patience to get.

shitty side is hacker are gonna hack because they are ass hats.

On the other side I think Microsoft is going to have a tough time because they are going to hand out prizes for achievements and gamer scores, lets see how that rolls out

Edited by nevetsteven2