Cheaters, Hiding Trophies, Leaderboards

Remove every player with hidden trophies from the leaderboard is like arrest every people who smoke cause they may have smoked some illegal drugs....

That is not what this thread was originally about. It was about getting caught cheating and then hiding those games to get back on the leaderboards.

• Like 1

Why not just do what other sites do - if you have any hidden trophies then you are not shown on the leaderboards?

A lot of people care about completion rate - and would argue that you are cheating he system by hiding games. They would not consider a profile to be legit if it has hidden trophies, as they are at worst a hacker, and at best a completion rate cheater.

Oh wow. It's up to me to decided whether i want to game that i only play a few minutes or just an hour to count or not to count. If someone completionist  leaderboard wouldn't want to accept my profile it would just fine but hiding games from my list doesn't make me a cheater. You can easily check whether person is hiding games or not so why would it be cheating?

That's just elitism. 

It's fucking stupid to expect people to sweat over every game. 

Remove every player with hidden trophies from the leaderboard is like arrest every people who smoke cause they may have smoked some illegal drugs....

That is not what this thread was originally about. It was about getting caught cheating and then hiding those games to get back on the leaderboards.

You know most folks can't read LOL

Yup, most folks can't read why other people answers that way or another... They only see the original post and pretend that people doesn't talk about correlated problems or different compromises

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A lot of people care about completion rate - and would argue that you are cheating he system by hiding games. They would not consider a profile to be legit if it has hidden trophies, as they are at worst a hacker, and at best a completion rate cheater.

"...cheating the system by hiding games."

What a load of crap.

Interesting topic reading back over this... I find it "sneaky" that gamers see it as legit to hide trophies from games until their % rate is at a level they are happy with it.  Very sneaky indeed and IMO is just a method to massage their profile into looking better than it actually is!

I'd support that if you have a earned trophies that you have chosen to be hidden then your removed from the leader board and your % completion and % average rarity are not calculated.  Your choice to hide it so this is the limitation of your choice.  Would make the stats and leader boards more accurate IMO.

Unlikely to happen however.

Edited by markcavan

I know, I know... a wild Brawler will appear and tell me that Im stupid and OffTopic... but Im wondering why people are doing that?

I mean... reporting and stuff. Its not like Sony will send you Waifus and millions of dollars for being #1 on PSNP in your country. xD

I dont know why people are hacking trophies and what they are trying to reach with that, but we know they are cheaters anyway... so?

Sorry, I really dont understand the whole topic (Trophyhackers and stuff).

"...cheating the system by hiding games."

What a load of crap.

But... but it isn't crap, it's correct. The completion % is meant to show how much you finish games on average, and by hiding games, you have a bloated and cheated number which you didn't actually earn.

• Like 1

But... but it isn't crap, it's correct. The completion % is meant to show how much you finish games on average, and by hiding games, you have a bloated and cheated number which you didn't actually earn.

It's not cheating. Otherwise, people would get banned for it. Everyone can see the badge of honour on their profiles anyway. There's no need to go on a manhunt and crucify people for it, since it was a feature implemented by Sony.

It's not cheating. Otherwise, people would get banned for it. Everyone can see the badge of honour on their profiles anyway. There's no need to go on a manhunt and crucify people for it, since it was a feature implemented by Sony.

Just because it was implemented by Sony, doesn't mean that it isn't giving them an advantage over everyone else who attempts to play fair. Sure, everyone can hide, but it's wrong to do so as your statistics will be totally messed up and unreliable. Shareplay was implemented by Sony too, and that is also cheating.

Just because it was implemented by Sony, doesn't mean that it isn't giving them an advantage over everyone else who attempts to play fair. Sure, everyone can hide, but it's wrong to do so as your statistics will be totally messed up and unreliable. Shareplay was implemented by Sony too, and that is also cheating.

If you consider 'hiding trophies' and 'SharePlay' as cheating then you should top it off by adding 'boosting' to that list. I doubt you will though because you most likely do it yourself just like everybody else. Boosting is considered cheating as well. They ban people in Ace Combat: Infinity for doing that because it gives players an unfair advantage over everyone else. It even says so in their terms and conditions. Yet, they allow people to create boosting sessions on this site. 

I used Share Play to get some assistance on the Resogun local coop trophy.  I'm sorry for being a scrub and not being able to play with two controllers at the same time AND without dying.

• Like 1

I used Share Play to get some assistance on the Resogun local coop trophy.  I'm sorry for being a scrub and not being able to play with two controllers at the same time AND without dying.

Pft, such a scrub

Even I did that solo

Kappa                                               

I just read this whole thing, so it's not me posting about myself because posting about myself, I mean, I am great and all, but that's not why I'm here. I wanted to see how this would be ... looked at. I couldn't think of the word.

Anyway, here's my Uncharted 3 trophies. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1126-Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception/stoogebag?order=date〈=en-us#content

Now, if you hit sort by date, you'll see there's a couple without a timestamp. That's because I played the game on a friend's machine back in the day, but on said machine I had a sectioned off user that was only used by me, this machine had never been connected to the internet. UNTIL IT DID! Which wasn't too much longer after playing the game, the guy was over at my house and I hooked the machine up to the internet, and synced the trophies to my PSP's PSN account at the time, thus giving all future trophies earned on there, a time stamp.

There's another 10 or so trophies from the rest of 2011 when I would play the game on his machine, that now have time stamps as they should.

Then I got the story mode on PS+ in 2013 and got the remaining trophies myself (the reason the co-op trophy has a big gap is the PS+ version was just the story mode, with the online multiplayer already being free, all I needed was co-op mode, I eventually got around to buying a used copy, playing the co-op mode, then returning said used copy)

Now, assuming it kept the list sorted by date, about now you should be noticing there's one more trophy without a timestamp, that appears after all the other ones...Find your first treasure. The hell is this I thought? Find x amount of treasures, all the way up to the limit, all with time stamps, and then this little bastard wants to just sit outside of the cool kid circle. I don't get it. 

What's the explanation for this? Is there an explanation? Would this make me be looked on as a cheater here? Is there any hope for my son? Damn it man, you're a doctor, pull yourself together!

Would this make me be looked on as a cheater here?

No, missing timestamps are a common enough thing that happens when trophies are earned on a system that hasn't been hooked up to the internet (as you stated). When you flag someone you are unable to select the trophies with missing timestamps anyway.

I just read this whole thing, so it's not me posting about myself because posting about myself, I mean, I am great and all, but that's not why I'm here. I wanted to see how this would be ... looked at. I couldn't think of the word.

Anyway, here's my Uncharted 3 trophies. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1126-Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception/stoogebag?order=date〈=en-us#content

Now, if you hit sort by date, you'll see there's a couple without a timestamp. That's because I played the game on a friend's machine back in the day, but on said machine I had a sectioned off user that was only used by me, this machine had never been connected to the internet. UNTIL IT DID! Which wasn't too much longer after playing the game, the guy was over at my house and I hooked the machine up to the internet, and synced the trophies to my PSP's PSN account at the time, thus giving all future trophies earned on there, a time stamp.

There's another 10 or so trophies from the rest of 2011 when I would play the game on his machine, that now have time stamps as they should.

Then I got the story mode on PS+ in 2013 and got the remaining trophies myself (the reason the co-op trophy has a big gap is the PS+ version was just the story mode, with the online multiplayer already being free, all I needed was co-op mode, I eventually got around to buying a used copy, playing the co-op mode, then returning said used copy)

Now, assuming it kept the list sorted by date, about now you should be noticing there's one more trophy without a timestamp, that appears after all the other ones...Find your first treasure. The hell is this I thought? Find x amount of treasures, all the way up to the limit, all with time stamps, and then this little bastard wants to just sit outside of the cool kid circle. I don't get it. 

What's the explanation for this? Is there an explanation? Would this make me be looked on as a cheater here? Is there any hope for my son? Damn it man, you're a doctor, pull yourself together!

Don't worry- if they banned for missing timestamps I would have been banned long ago :P It's strange that trophy appears at the end, but since it makes sense you would get your first treasure with the other missing timestamps, it doesn't look suspicious at all. There must be some coding or something that's pushing it down like that

Im in favour of one strike and out. Because I know a hacker, nice guy and all but dont agree with his methods.. But he goes "When I have the option available, it makes me think do i really want to grind out all those hours?"

So I think we should have a 1 or 2 strike policy.

Strike 1 - Warned and all hacked games removed from profile (if more than one head straight to step 2)

Strike 2 - Placed in the cheater pool with no chance of being reinstated (unless wrongly accused as it has happened to lots of legitimate people)

If people want to hide trophies let them, if people want to share play to get trophies let them...Why do you care so much? :facepalm: Do i care that you boost trophies because you can't get them legit? NO. You know that's considered by many as cheating right? but because it's you it's "legit" huh? 

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

If people want to hide trophies let them, if people want to share play to get trophies let them...Why do you care so much? :facepalm: Do i care that you boost trophies because you can't get them legit? NO. You know that's considered by many as cheating right? but because it's you it's "legit" huh? 

I agree with you 100%.

• Like 1