bf 4 premium

Gwinambele

i didnt found answers so ill start new topic

can anyone explain me why battlefield 4 premium edition ( base game + premium) is cheaper then premium alone (no base game included)

links:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/pl-pl/gry/battlefield-4-edycja-premium/cid=EP0006-BLES01832_00-BF4PREMIUMEDITIO(base + premium)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/pl-pl/battlefield-4-premium/cid=EP0006-BLES01832_00-PREMIUM000000000    (premium alone)

(im talking about ps+ prices) (links are from polish PSS but i guess other lang versions are similar)

and second thing:

i read that premium carry over to ps4 (in other words is cross buy) but:

ps3 version of premium  is a lot cheaper then ps4

and on PSS they doesnt appear as cross buy (PS3 version have only PS3 icon, same with PS4)

so if i buy ps3 version of premium will i get it on ps4 for free as well?

and what about that premium edition (base game + premium)?

base game wont carry to ps4 ofc since its not cross buy but will premium?

if anyone bought either version of this and/or can help me with some answers i will be very glad

its really confusing for me

Edited by Gwinambele

can anyone explain me why battlefield 4 premium edition ( base game + premium) is cheaper then premium alone (no base game included)

Sometimes, the pricing of digital makes no sense. The only people who could possibly answer this part of your post are EA.

and second thing:

i read that premium carry over to ps4 (in other words is cross buy) but:

ps3 version of premium  is a lot cheaper then ps4

and on PSS they doesnt appear as cross buy (PS3 version have only PS3 icon, same with PS4)

so if i buy ps3 version of premium will i get it on ps4 for free as well?

From EA's Battlefield 4 Premium website, it appears as if you can transfer your BF4 Premium membership from PS3 to PS4. 

This is not the same as "cross-buy". BF4 Premium is a "membership" handled by EA and their systems. It will not be listed as "cross-buy" as it is not managed by Sony. 

I don't know when EA last updated that website, so the information may possibly be out of date.

I don't know how you go about transferring your membership from PS3 to PS4, but I imagine you may need to do it from within the game (i.e. you will need to own BF4 on both platforms).

When the game first came out there was a promotion that in the first three months your could transfer your stats and membership from PS3 to PS4, and then branch the two games individually.  It could be that they have extended this for the life of the game, but I'm not sure.  The main reason was because the game's release date was just before the PS4 release date and they didn't want to lose release day sales if people were going to wait.  (CoD Ghosts had a similar promo).

In order to play the PS3 version on PS4 you have to insert the disc (base game and online), so I'm not sure if digital copies are transferable!

Edited by audiopile

Dlc is always cross boy folks

Is this correct? I've just checked a number of DLC items on the UK PS Store for x-gen games, and they appear to be marked differently according to which platform they're available on. 

They say "PS3|PS4" if cross-buy, but some only say "PS3" or "PS4" but not both.

• 2 months later...

Only get premium if you like the game alot and wish to play it after completing it.  Only reason to get premium to unlock the ghost bow.  If you don't really like the game then It will just be a waste for you.  I personally am not gonna pay more money just for a bow.