Assire var Anahid Gwent card?

The secondary quest "Collect 'Em All" tasks you with collecting every card in the game for Gwent, The Witcher 3's in-game card game. 

I have the limited edition guide for the game which gives you information on where to find every card. However, for one card, the one listed in this post's title (Assire var Anahid), the guide says you obtain it in White Orchard during the game's prologue. At that stage in the game, Gwent hasn't even been introduced.

Has anyone managed to find this card during the prologue? I don't want to get too far into the game now only to discover I've missed a card and am unable to finish this quest.

I also noticed this. I completed all tasks in the area and never recieved it as a reward. I read on xbox achievements that someone won it off a merchant in midcopse Which i will check out later. I lost the tutorial and forgot to go back and win but the guide says that reward can be won in various places thank god!

I even started up a fresh temporary save file to replay the tutorial section to try to find it. Searched everywhere in the introductory room with Yennifer, used the senses to look at every interaction but still nothing. Once you leave that room and start the conversations and stuff, it's all just cutscenes and combat from then until the actual game, so I don't see how it could be given to you.

A number of other websites are saying it's given to you during the prologue, which is more specific than just finding it. My theory was that it could be given to you if you've imported a save file from The Witcher 2 seeing as the card is based on a character from that game, but I don't have a save file from it so I can't test my theory.

I also noticed this. I completed all tasks in the area and never recieved it as a reward. I read on xbox achievements that someone won it off a merchant in midcopse Which i will check out later. I lost the tutorial and forgot to go back and win but the guide says that reward can be won in various places thank god!

Happy days if the guide says it can be won in other places. Do you know anywhere I can look to confirm this? I'm not doubting you; I just want to 100% confirm it for myself before I progress too far into the game to turn back.

For clarification, the guide states you can win the reward from the tutorial game in multiple places but this isn't the card you are asking about. I just went to midcopse and beat both the merchant and armorer and neither surrendered the card in question

There are several missable cards, like from (Bloody) Baron Philipp. As soon as he leaves his castle, you are unable to play against him anymore.

Pretty shitty, that such a massive collectible-trophy is missable.

Hope they deliver a patch to make the missed one's re-obtainable somehow..

So the first Gwent card obtained from the Scholar in the prologue is completely missable? I'm into Novigrad now so it's pretty bullshit that there was something missable that early on, or even missable at all. Gwent seems fun but everytime I try and play it crashes, so I thought I'd be able to go back and play everybody I've missed. Now I'll have to do another 50 hour playthrough 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Saltyie

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i know theres only 11 truely missble cards which i think are all mission based a couple u hve to stop mid mission and play crds like at the masqurade ball, 70 something doubles out of 199 cards and most cards are completly random by playing and winning the off of merchents so just ply crds with everyne i think theres more players thn random cards so u shouldnt miss out

There are several missable cards, like from (Bloody) Baron Philipp. As soon as he leaves his castle, you are unable to play against him anymore.

Pretty shitty, that such a massive collectible-trophy is missable.

Hope they deliver a patch to make the missed one's re-obtainable somehow..

I don't think you can get miss his card, I won't spoil anything but there are multiple ways to get his cards depending on certain outcomes.