PSN Typical Sale Dates

GPLuigi

Hello guys how r u doing today? i'm writing because i just wanted to know, which ones are the typical dates for sales on the psn, i know there is valentines day, spring break sale (that have already passed) i also know there is a halloween sale and black friday sale obviously; i've always been a physical game player and i'm kinda new at digital game buying; just wanted to know how many sales can i expect to be happening the rest of the year, not counting flash sales that happen randomly.

thank you...

• Like 1

Hello guys how r u doing today? i'm writing because i just wanted to know, which ones are the typical dates for sales on the psn, i know there is valentines day, spring break sale (that have already passed) i also know there is a halloween sale and black friday sale obviously; i've always been a physical game player and i'm kinda new at digital game buying; just wanted to know how many sales can i expect to be happening the rest of the year, not counting flash sales that happen randomly.

thank you...

Easter sale

Golden Week sale

E3 Sale

12 Christmas deals

Console anniversary sales

Unless you have an EU account, in that case there are a lot less sales.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

There are Sales pretty much every single Week(for unknown reasons, there might be a week where there isn't one...but that's very rare), and no one really knows for sure when a good sale will pop up(especially a Flash Sale) other then the ones Dragon posted above.

You'll just have to wing it @ times, but from experience a lot of the games get discounted in the similar fashion(%40-80@ most off).

Edited by DarknessKey92

It's been one flash sale per month, for the most part. But yeah, check the Blog, Webstore, Vita's Store, whatever you can get a hold of really, every Saturday, if nothing else. That will ensure you won't miss a weekend flash sale. Other than only one time, that I can recall, did a flash sale not go from Friday evening thru Monday morning. I'm thinking it was a special one for Christmas or something. Popped up on a Tuesday. 

Edit: There were 2 that weren't on Fridays, actually. Those were January and June of last year, though. Friday's become the usual day for them since. 

Edited by DamagingRob

thank you...

Every week PSN has some sort of sale. Any major holidays always have bigger sales. They also have Seasonal sales (Spring Fever and Summer Solstice). JRPGs always go on sale during Gold Week (just passed).

More importantly, Sony has been doing monthly flash sales which last only during the weekend it occurs. They are usually really good sales.

There is usually at least some kind of sale every single week. The basic weekly sales are usually posted to the store on Tuesday each week. These run from Tuesday-Monday, then a new sale begins the following Tuesday. The quality of these sales vary from week to week, you just have to keep checking. Like right now there is the Extended Play sale. The bigger weekly sales are usually around the holidays that most people have mentioned.

As for flash sales, they are usually once a month or every 4 weeks. These sales usually appear on Fridays and run through the weekend and end on Monday. These sales are much larger than the normal sales and usually have some great deals. There was a recent one which had games under $1. The one this past weekend was for under $5. I would suggest just checking the PS Blog or store itself every Tuesday and Friday to see if there are any good deals.

Btw, this is for the NA store. Not sure on details for the EU store, though I know they unfortunately get less sales.

As everyone has mentioned, you will have to stay in tuned playstation blog for sale. Trend has shown that sony puts out a flash sale on the 2nd weekend of every month.The next seasonal sale i can think of would be the summer sale that stretches for 4-6 weeks. And usually on this site there will be a topic posted when a sale is out.personally i dont even buy games at retail price anymore with the amount of sales sony offers and sales i can get at local gamestop.

and if you have a plus sub prepare for your backlog to swell