Problems restoring/copying data to new memory card

AlphaLiquid-X

So, I was hoping someone here may be able to help me, as Playstation Support has been absolutely worthless so far and I'm at the end of my rope. I picked up a new, larger memory card. When I go to back up my information from the old card (either via a wired connection to my PC or a wired connection to my PS3), everything runs relatively smoothly. The problem comes when I try to restore that information to the new card. What happens is that it will get anywhere from a few MB to several GB into the transfer, before it will just "hang". In other words, it'll say it has, say, 64 minutes left. However, I can go back in a few hours and it'll still say 64 minutes left with no progress having been made in the transfer. At that point, I can't even cancel the transfer, and am forced to do a hard reset.

I've already tried reformatting the card, rebuilding the database (I also tried rebuilding the database on the PS3), and deleting the previous backup and creating a new one, but to no avail. The whole thing is driving me up the wall, especially since it doesn't give me any error messages. Has anyone else run into this issue and managed to fix it? Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried moving a single game at a time? It might take a little while longer, but it should crash less if it can get to a few GB at a time.

Also do you have the option to do a wifi transfer between the vita and the pc? I've randomly had this same error on my Vita slim and after transferring a few games with wifi it starts working through USB again.

The only things that I've noticed trigger the error are bad connections with the USB and the vita screen going into sleep mode.

So, I was hoping someone here may be able to help me, as Playstation Support has been absolutely worthless so far and I'm at the end of my rope. I picked up a new, larger memory card. When I go to back up my information from the old card (either via a wired connection to my PC or a wired connection to my PS3), everything runs relatively smoothly. The problem comes when I try to restore that information to the new card. What happens is that it will get anywhere from a few MB to several GB into the transfer, before it will just "hang". In other words, it'll say it has, say, 64 minutes left. However, I can go back in a few hours and it'll still say 64 minutes left with no progress having been made in the transfer. At that point, I can't even cancel the transfer, and am forced to do a hard reset.

I've already tried reformatting the card, rebuilding the database (I also tried rebuilding the database on the PS3), and deleting the previous backup and creating a new one, but to no avail. The whole thing is driving me up the wall, especially since it doesn't give me any error messages. Has anyone else run into this issue and managed to fix it? Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would make sure that your power save settings are set right as well as there is a check box that enables/disables Wi-Fi during sleep mode. It's in Settings > Power Save Settings (which is the very bottom one) > "Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode". Make sure that's checked. In that same area I would also change the time before it enters sleep mode to the max of 30 minutes and then make sure it doesn't enter sleep mode just to be on the safe side.