Need For Speed Returns To PS4 This Fall

kidson2004

It’s great to be back here on PlayStation.Blog to talk to you about Need for Speed — and in just a few weeks’ time at E3 you’ll get to witness the full unveiling, but until then we just want to touch base on a few things, so let’s clear the air.

17685934280_7d78469e28_b.jpg

While we’ve been busy making the game we’ve also been reading, watching, and listening to you, our NFS Community. The feedback you’ve provided across every medium possible has urged us forward, and directed us towards our goals.

To know that there’s such a passionate set of gamers out there is one of the best feelings you can have as a developer, so thank you for that.

17873988911_74ba1bb7d2_b.jpg17870519652_9d3a86acf3_b.jpg

Every day someone proudly proclaims that we simply must have customization in the next Need for Speed game, so that’s exactly what you’ll have. When Need for Speed launches later this year you’ll be able to fully customize a car, in the process turning it into a truly unique resident of your garage.

We’ve been working really closely with Speedhunters, our very own community who have helped us deliver a Need for Speed that is grounded in authentic car culture by diving into the world of past, present, and emergent trends of the urban car scene. Need for Speed will unleash a passion for cars and speed when it launches this fall!

17685658228_35e386a1b8_z.jpg

With more than 20 years of history in its rear view mirror, we’re bringing Need for Speed back with a reboot that delivers on what Need for Speed stands for — rich customization, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that drives your Need for Speed experience.

We can’t wait to see you at E3, where among other things you’ll also be able to see customization in action for the first time. You won’t want to miss it!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/21/need-for-speed-returns-to-ps4-this-fall/

• Like 1

Need for Speed Underground is probably my favourite racing game.  Racing isn't a genre I really deliberate over in my head to be honest.

Anyway; that was the first I had seen of the tuner culture - and the unique drift races, massive shortcuts, parts unlocked by crushing rivalries, only unlocking everything by completing it on the brutally hard difficulty and the excellent soundtrack that introduced me to artists I still listen to today.

I can't wait for this.

Teaser Trailer:

It is interesting that this game doesn't have any sub title. Everyone was wanting another Underground game but it seems this is just "Need for Speed." I wonder if EA is rebooting the whole franchise.

Parker

• Like 4

So hyped for this! Underground 2 and Most Wanted 05 are my favourite games in the Need For Speed franchise. I hope they deliver a game similar to those two. The last Need For Speed I enjoyed was the newest Hot Pursuit, I didn't care much for the recent releases. Also, we haven't seen a Need For Speed game since Fall 2013 (not counting the mobile game) so they've had more time to work on this one. 

• Like 1

Holy craaaaapp!! I'm so freaking hyped for this game! Need for Speed Underground 1 & 2 were such amazing games in my childhood and I really hope they're bringing it back in the right way! By the way, with what I do on the site, I've always noticed that devs always put images in the PS Blog Flickr album that they don't put on the main blog post - here's some more pictures!

17685657718_6e7616b4cd_o.jpg

17685933730_1d0934413f.jpg

Edited by BlindMango

The night rain gameplay should be pretty sweet. Im really looking forward to this masterpiece. I hope i can call it that :D

Oh yeah, this game (if what they say about it being in-game is true) looks incredible! I'm betting it's Frostbite 3. Also, I'm wondering if the city is Los Angeles or if it's fictional like last Underground games.

e31cd7.png

Edited by BlindMango

Oh yeah, this game (if what they say about it being in-game is true) looks incredible! I'm betting it's Frostbite 3. Also, I'm wondering if the city is Los Angeles or if it's fictional like last Underground games.

e31cd7.png

From that pic it really looks like LA. I wonder how big the map will be?  :D  :D