Post Your Internet Speeds

thegirlruka

I'm a little curious as to the internet speeds of my fellow gamers. I've seen other threads about PC specs or gaming peripherals so I don't think this one should be too strange. We are a community that compares trophies after all. I've started this thread to see how others compare. There are a few sites that will tell you your speed, but I'm rather fond of OOKLA's tests.

I'll start. This is my speed with my laptop using wifi. I pay for 75/75 and am pretty happy that my ISP regularly gives me higher speeds than I pay for.

4377296914.png

Also I apologize in advance if this kind of thread has been posted before. I did a quick search and nothing came up

Edited by theguytom
  • Like 1

I have such bad internet.

Look at mine before you complain...

4377351093.png

I really hate living so far away from civilization... Damn you satellite, & your crappy ping rate! :shakefist:

Oh, & the speeds I'm paying for (around $40) are supposed to be 10 Mb down / 1 Mb up. :spank:

Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 2

4377824985.png  or  4377837347.png

Considering I don't pay that much for my internet (it's the cheapest available), I guess I'm happy enough with the result. I could get faster if I paid more though but I haven't felt I need it really.

Edited by Stevieboy

Called my internet provider today. Told them I was paying too much and wasn't happy about it. ($70/month for 25 Mb/s). Internet only. No TV or phone service. After some time on the phone with the customer service rep (trying to convince me it was the best they could do), they "did some more searching" and eventually offered me a better internet only pkg. ($55/month for 105 Mb/s). Price locked in for 12 months. Gotta admit, that's pretty freakin' sweet!!

Will update later once the switch is in effect and post the new numbers.

• Like 1

4379290098.png

Suppose to be like 78Mb/s, I'm not always sure of that site for measuring this since that was the last speed I got when the internet we were paying for was that speed, yet now I know myself that everything downloads much faster than when it was this speed shown.. site also doesn't happen to have anywhere closer than somewhere in Isle of Man.. (I live in N.Ireland :S).

Edited by DEMON

I wish my upload were faster. Perfectly fine for streaming, but uploading multi-gig files to Youtube and what-not is kinda painful.

4379306232.png

Also, I don't exactly trust OOKLA - they kinda cheat things a bit and make your speeds seem faster than they really are. I like SpeedOf.me a little more. Feels like a more "realistic" result.

6359fac5d1.png

Called my internet provider today. Told them I was paying too much and wasn't happy about it. ($70/month for 25 Mb/s). Internet only. No TV or phone service. After some time on the phone with the customer service rep (trying to convince me it was the best they could do), they "did some more searching" and eventually offered me a better internet only pkg. ($55/month for 105 Mb/s). Price locked in for 12 months. Gotta admit, that's pretty freakin' sweet!!

Will update later once the switch is in effect and post the new numbers.

This is almost exactly what I did. When I moved out of my parents house and was searching for an internet provider a few years ago I told Time Warner (or whoever it was at the time) that I've cross shopping so unless they can give me a good deal I won't be going with them. They ended up bundling me with something which was pretty damn cheap (I've since dropped the television portion though) but each year they send me a letter telling me my rates are going up, usually by about $10 a month. I call them, tell them that I am not satisfied with that and unless they want to lose me as a customer they'll keep me at the price I've been paying. It is a great way to keep cheap internet. 

Parker

Alright

4379520939.png

[still complains]

I still consider that better than mine, you'd be surprised how much my 700+ ping makes a difference, even if that's still less than a second. Although, your lower speed does make me feel slightly better about mine, thanks! :P

Was...

4227114760.png

Is now...

4308563550.png

Upload speed is still abysmal, which sucks because it costs a bomb @ $133 a month. Cable internet uploads are throttled, for some God-only-knows reason, so it's completely inadequate for live-streaming.

When we finally get our National Broadband Network (NBN) in a couple of years, it'll be 100Mbps down / 40Mpbs up with unlimited downloads at $40 less per month. Bring it on bitches...we've been waiting for 6 years already :shakefist: