Post Your Internet Speeds

thegirlruka

My new Internet speed is now in effect (so I'm told). I can't tell because it turns out my cable modem is super old (like DOCSIS 2.0 old) and it's not capable of faster speeds than I'm already receiving. So I just ordered a new DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. Should be here next week. Will post up the new numbers then.

• 4 weeks later...

Get 100/100 on paper part of the rent.

Macbook pro 2010 connected via wi-fi: 4465818102.png

... and via ethernet cable through home router 4465828600.png

and straight in the jacket 4465833124.png

Hm, I need a new router. But on second thought, external antennas are nice, so that my Vita can connect in all rooms. Don't download much anyway.

I have no idea what this means, but I'm posting it anyways.

4377686099_zpswuhwxhag.png

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• 1 month later...

Look at mine before you complain...

4377351093.png

I really hate living so far away from civilization... Damn you satellite, & your crappy ping rate! :shakefist:

Oh, & the speeds I'm paying for (around $40) are supposed to be 10 Mb down / 1 Mb up. :spank:

A fellow HughestNet consumer! -- It's nice to know my pain is shared. Now's time to share mine, apparently, I'm slower than 99% of US, that's an achievement. 

4576063864.png

4377351093.png

I really hate living so far away from civilization... Damn you satellite, & your crappy ping rate! :shakefist:

Oh, & the speeds I'm paying for (around $40) are supposed to be 10 Mb down / 1 Mb up. :spank:

As you can see, this was my stats in May. Lately though, I've noticed my speed seemed a little slower, so I took the test again:

4578358518.png

The hell, DishNet!? That's barely 10% of what I'm supposed to be getting! Why am I paying so much for this again? Oh, yeah... it's the only thing available out here. :facepalm:

(sorry, I gotta have one of these internet rants every few months :P)