Parker's Monthly Giveaway Thread! (Closed for now... Be back open soon!)

Parker

It is a great contest Parker, but your 3 winners have a total of 2 posts (and one of the winners hasn't been on since September).

I am not telling you how to spend your money, but couldn't the prize actually go to people who participate in the forums or be used as a reward for achieving something?

GDT used to give away prizes on .COM to the winners of his contests. They were a lot of fun and encouraged site participation (before he stopped handing out prizes and got himself arrested).

BDK Simba used to give memberships to the person with the most posts in a month.

Like I said, not my money so I can't complain, but there are a lot of awesome people on this site that are more active than 3 people who have between them 2 posts.

Surely most posts in a month would encourage posting just to get a higher post count?

Why should activity dictate whether they're deserved or not?  They're still members of the site, might not be interested in the forum side.  They may just lurk.  Any number of reasons why they may not post.

If you can do it better you should host one too.

• Like 2

Surely most posts in a month would encourage posting just to get a higher post count?

Why should activity dictate whether they're deserved or not?  They're still members of the site, might not be interested in the forum side.  They may just lurk.  Any number of reasons why they may not post.

If you can do it better you should host one too.

I didn't say he had to change it...just that maybe this contest could be used to bolster forum activity and promote the site. Also I have run tons of contests in the past (both on this site and the old one I visited). Remember I was the one that constantly pushed for this Sub-Section to be created so these types of contests could get more attention (once again to encourage more site activity).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is a great contest Parker, but your 3 winners have a total of 2 posts (and one of the winners hasn't been on since September).

I am not telling you how to spend your money, but couldn't the prize actually go to people who participate in the forums or be used as a reward for achieving something?

GDT used to give away prizes on .COM to the winners of his contests. They were a lot of fun and encouraged site participation (before he stopped handing out prizes and got himself arrested).

BDK Simba used to give memberships to the person with the most posts in a month.

Like I said, not my money so I can't complain, but there are a lot of awesome people on this site that are more active than 3 people who have between them 2 posts.

Unfortunately that will happen with the random nature of the giveaway but there have been plenty of active members who have won as well so I think it all balances out. When I finally get my living situation sorted out (buying and fixing up a house sucks) I plan on starting an actual competition that will reward participation on the site. But for now it is only $30 a month and I'm more than willing to give that up so members here have a chance to win something.

Parker 

• Like 4

Unfortunately that will happen with the random nature of the giveaway but there have been plenty of active members who have won as well so I think it all balances out. When I finally get my living situation sorted out (buying and fixing up a house sucks) I plan on starting an actual competition that will reward participation on the site. But for now it is only $30 a month and I'm more than willing to give that up so members here have a chance to win something.

Parker 

That's cool :). Like I said, I didn't want to come across as someone down on these types of events (I mean anyone who gives up anything for the members is awesome in my books). I just really like contests that force you to go all out :D.

Looking forward to the competition :lol:

I've never thought this site had such contest. Just now figuring this out. I'm usually not on the forums, my activity has been more on the gaming session/boosting section of this website.

Edited by LFDN
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quite agreed with this one tbh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...