ROTTR is not coming to PS4 !

They do, the re-boot was very well received both critically and on a mainstream level, it will no doubt be huge for the xbone

Its just one game though. Making this exclusive could easily send the series down the drain a 2nd time.
  • Like 1

I'm gonna wait and see, but if it does turn out that this is only coming to Xbox One I will be pretty disappointed. I don't want to buy a new console just to play one game. :/

it's rather frustrating when there's always something that catches my eye and then to be punched in that said eye when I realize I can't play it.

Oh well, I'm hoping this is just a case of bad trolling or that they will eventually bring it to PS4. I really enjoyed the reboot.

Tomb raider is.not a game i would call amazing in fact i wasn't too crazy about the first.one i rather play the old tomb raider games and the only reason i play the first tomb raider is because it was free for plus i rather play uncharted than reboot tomb raider

• Like 1

Its just one game though. Making this exclusive could easily send the series down the drain a 2nd time.

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure Microsoft offered a huge sum of money to Square in order to get this exclusive, along with the sales it'll definitely secure it's worth. From a quality perspective, Crystal Dynamics knows what they're doing

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure Microsoft offered a huge sum of money to Square in order to get this exclusive, along with the sales it'll definitely secure it's worth. From a quality perspective, Crystal Dynamics knows what they're doing

Well ill agree with u on that. Too bad Microsoft cant have its own studios make any decent games and they have to buy everything.

I disagree. As far as the Sony exclusives that I have played I don't think any of them are worth the praise they get and think that the Tomb Raider reboot was better than the Uncharted games I have played. Which is why I think the new Tomb Raider is more interesting. That being said, I don't really care for the Microsoft exclusives either and the majority of the games I consider great are on both Sony and Microsoft consoles.

Don't try explaining to him. The man is spewing out lies about MS over one game. I wouldn't want to see what this person is like in real life. 

Well ill agree with u on that. Too bad Microsoft cant have its own studios make any decent games and they have to buy everything.

Microsoft has enough studios, you don't even know what their planning for this E3. Just wait for the final decision. Also if you want to say that about MS, why hasn't Sony created a fighting game of their own? See, I can be a dick as well. 

Fake:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210408

The tweets are several months old, apparently, and Twitter would hardly be the place to say this. They'd be rubbing it in our faces if it were true.

Thank you, people hyping up over nothing. 

• Like 1

It's from a official Microsoft facebook page, I trust that over some random guy on a fan forum

9 months ago. Pretty sure that's before we were told it's timed.

I bet the guy simply didn't understand what he was talking about and making assumptions.

I seriously doubt it is anything more than a timed exclusive, EA learned their lesson with making Titanfall a Microsoft exclusive (they've said they regret that decision multiple times) so I can't imagine why a third party developer wouldn't want their game on the best selling console, especially when the series has history on that console. 

Parker

• Like 1

I seriously doubt it is anything more than a timed exclusive, EA learned their lesson with making Titanfall a Microsoft exclusive (they've said they regret that decision multiple times) so I can't imagine why a third party developer wouldn't want their game on the best selling console, especially when the series has history on that console. 

Parker

It was confirmed by the big man himself, why can't people understand that? Look at people abusing a company their don't like over something that was debunked a long time ago. It's petty. 

It was confirmed by the big man himself, why can't people understand that? Look at people abusing a company their don't like over something that was debunked a long time ago. It's petty. 

Have anyone actually seen a source that confirmed the game is actually a timed exclusive? I've seen it claimed or hinted at but I don't recall seeing anything concrete. I hope you don't see my comment as abuse, I'm simply stating a fact. Either way it doesn't matter to me though, I have an Xbone and on the off chance Rise doesn't hit the PlayStation I can still play it. 

Parker

Don't try explaining to him. The man is spewing out lies about MS over one game. I wouldn't want to see what this person is like in real life.

Microsoft has enough studios, you don't even know what their planning for this E3. Just wait for the final decision. Also if you want to say that about MS, why hasn't Sony created a fighting game of their own? See, I can be a dick as well.

Thank you, people hyping up over nothing.

EDIT: actually Sony made ps all-stars battle royale. Edited by Kubanga
  • Like 1

Have anyone actually seen a source that confirmed the game is actually a timed exclusive? I've seen it claimed or hinted at but I don't recall seeing anything concrete. I hope you don't see my comment as abuse, I'm simply stating a fact. Either way it doesn't matter to me though, I have an Xbone and on the off chance Rise doesn't hit the PlayStation I can still play it. 

Parker

Phil Spencer said that the deal had a duration, but he has also said that it'd be very unlikely for SE to port to PS4, after making it specifically for the Xbox One.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

Can't find the source about the unlikeliness of a PS4 version, but I definitely remember reading it. But it's Phil Spencer - I can't take him seriously when he says that anyway.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

Phil Spencer said that the deal had a duration, but he has also said that it'd be very unlikely for SE to port to PS4, after making it specifically for the PS4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

Can't find the source about the unlikeliness of a PS4 version, but I definitely remember reading it. But it's Phil Spencer - I can't take him seriously when he says that anyway.

Thank you for that article, I appreciate it. I can't think of a single reason why Square Enix wouldn't port the game the PlayStation 4, especially since (if I recall correctly) the Tomb Raider reboot sold best on Sony's systems. 

Parker

Thank you for that article, I appreciate it. I can't think of a single reason why Square Enix wouldn't port the game the PlayStation 4, especially since (if I recall correctly) the Tomb Raider reboot sold best on Sony's systems. 

Parker

The way Phil phrased it there is rather odd, so I just found this - which is much more concrete.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=7350805&postcount=11718

Meagen is the Community & Communications Manager at Crystal Dynamics, so I trust her word more than a M$ PR guy.

• Like 1

I'm really hopping they do bring it to the ps4. I mean we played the first one, payed for it. Some even bought both the ps3 and the ps4 version and now you are giving them, us, the middle finger. It would be like if the next Dragon Ball Xenoverse is only on the ps4. I know this has happened before but it's stupid none the less.