ROTTR is not coming to PS4 !

I honestly don't care, the reboot was great to play, but nothing like 'OMG I NEED TO BUY THE SEQUEL DAY ONE'.

Exactly, I enjoyed my time with the reboot, but I wasn't ever clamoring for a sequel, and quite frankly I really couldn't care less.

• Like 1

Weren't Square-Enix complaining when the original Tomb Raider reboot came out that it didn't meet their sales expectations?  So what's the best avenue to go from there, RELEASE IT ON ONE CONSOLE!  Cut that sales base right in half.  Brilliant!  Even as a timed exclusive, just brilliant.  Microsoft must've paid a pretty penny for exclusivity of the franchise, otherwise I don't see what SE are getting out of this.

As for it being a permanent exclusive... which was apparently confirmed fake... I guess it's only fair the Xbox actually have at least one game I want to play exclusive to it.  No harm done.  Uncharted 4 will blow it out of the water anyways. xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

Well MM is making another game too, unannounced for the PS4. Look at their website, Tearaway Unfolded wasn't the only PS4 game they've done.

Also, to ad, Sony Bend is making a new game, possibly a Last of Us type survival game, Level 5 is making a new JRPG on PS4, Santa Monica is making GoW3R and GoW4, Guerilla is making Horizon and maybe a Killzone game, Naughty Dog has two teams so perhaps another game is being made over there. (Uncharted Trilogy has been rumoured a long time) Sony Japan is making new games, and Gran Turismo 7 is perhaps coming

They also have the new F2P games, Drawn to Death and the other one from San Diego. Dude a lot of exclusives are coming to PS4 now :P

This. Sony's pretty infamous for slow launches, but they always come around and figure things out, well at least for their consoles  

• Like 2

Don't try explaining to him. The man is spewing out lies about MS over one game. I wouldn't want to see what this person is like in real life. 

Microsoft has enough studios, you don't even know what their planning for this E3. Just wait for the final decision. Also if you want to say that about MS, why hasn't Sony created a fighting game of their own? See, I can be a dick as well. 

Thank you, people hyping up over nothing. 

That's the truth, not only single MS exclusive is better than the masterpieces exclusives games made for PS. If you love MS so much what are you doing here?

The Last of Us alone received more praise and awards than any garbage MS game.

Now see this is the reason I decided to buy an xbox instead of a PS4. Then again, i'm sure (and I hope) that xbox fans do the same thing.

Lol someone must be VERY high to buy an "xbox" instead of a PS4.

PS: Better exclusives, the Dualshock 4 is the best way to play because is very interactive with the touch pad and motion sensor, the PS4 is selling a lot more than xbox worldwide, Japan hates xbox, The Last of Us was one of the best selling games and most awarded games of old gen...

Edited by Finozzi1696

That's the truth, not only single MS exclusive is better than the masterpieces exclusives games made for PS. If you love MS so much what are you doing here?

PS: Better exclusives, the Dualshock 4 is the best way to play because is very interactive with the touch pad and motion sensor, the PS4 is selling a lot more than xbox worldwide, Japan hates xbox, The Last of Us was one of the best selling games and most awarded games of old gen...

It's all subjective. I personally don't think Sony has better exclusives, nor do I care for the touch pad.

• Like 1

Weren't Square-Enix complaining when the original Tomb Raider reboot came out that it didn't meet their sales expectations?  So what's the best avenue to go from there, RELEASE IT ON ONE CONSOLE!  Cut that sales base right in half.  Brilliant!  Even as a timed exclusive, just brilliant.  Microsoft must've paid a pretty penny for exclusivity of the franchise, otherwise I don't see what SE are getting out of this.

As for it being a permanent exclusive... which was apparently confirmed fake... I guess it's only fair the Xbox actually have at least one game I want to play exclusive to it.  No harm done.  Uncharted 4 will blow it out of the water anyways. xD

Even with this included, Playstation exclusives far out way Xbox exclusives for me - it's a shame if it does turn out to be exclusive but I would much rather have Uncharted 4 than Tomb raider any day.

THIS ^

The only MS exclusive that I liked was Alan Wake, everything else is terrible, nothing compares to Uncharted, Infamous, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain...

And some time later some companies begun to rip off some PS exclusives, like Sunset Overdrive is a rip off from Infamous, RE Revelations 2 and other games has some TLoU moments on it, The Walking Dead by Telltale was heavily inspired on Heavy Rain (they said this themselves), and the list goes on and on...

It's all subjective. I personally don't think Sony has better exclusives, nor do I care for the touch pad.

I respect that, I just say that with the touch pad and the interactive lighting are the reasons most companies prefers creating games on PS4 rather on Xbox, you get more interaction with the PS3 and PS4 (I think the X360 pad didn't even have motion sensor on it).

Edited by Finozzi1696

It seems we've gotten a little off topic here. This thread isn't about which console is better. It was about a game that was announced as a permanent exclusive for a Microsoft console. Please stop the flame war. Please keep your posts on topic from this point.

Stop. If you prefer PlayStation that is fine but stop acting like such a childish asshole because not everyone shares that same opinion. You're more than welcome to discuss the subject at hand but that isn't what you're currently doing, if you can't handle the discussion without comments like what I bolded, please excuse yourself from the conversation. 

Parker

• Like 1

You're a fool, why the hell are you on this website? We all have different opinions and we all have the right to correct others when their wrong. Also when did I ever show love MS? I gave you facts and in return you have only shown me ignorance. I'm a multi-console gamer and laugh at people defending a console from a maker who does the same as the competition. 

Stop. If you prefer PlayStation that is fine but stop acting like such a childish asshole because not everyone shares that same opinion. You're more than welcome to discuss the subject at hand but that isn't what you're currently doing, if you can't handle the discussion without comments like what I bolded, please excuse yourself from the conversation. 

Parker

Please lock this thread if you can, Parker? This issue have been resolve and there's no need for it being open any more.

• Like 1

You're a fool, why the hell are you on this website? We all have different opinions and we all have the right to correct others when their wrong. Also when did I ever show love MS? I gave you facts and in return you have only shown me ignorance. I'm a multi-console gamer and laugh at people defending a console from a maker who does the same as the competition. 

Same to you, but the conversation is over like some boludo said before. (YADL)

Edited by Finozzi1696

Really disappointed, Tomb Raider was always part of playstation so why on earth would they do that. I also have an Xone but I don't think I'll be getting it. Moreover, I read someone posting a tweet that they are apologizing about their previous tweet being misunderstood (not timed exclusive) or something like that. Oh well, let's see how it goes

Guys, just chill out!

Both Microsoft (not really) and Crystal Dynamics confirmed it IS a "TIMED EXCLUSIVE"

Microsoft said:

"We apologize for any confusion resulting from an incorrect post shared on our Australian Facebook page in January. As we revealed at gamescom 2014, ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ will be available in Holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox. We have no additional details to share at this time." (It does not say it isnt a timed exclusive but it says it was an incorrect post)

Crystal Dynamics via Official Tomb Raider forums stated:

"For clarification, as we've previously announced Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a timed exclusive."

Source:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18933-crystal-dynamic-and-microsoft-again-clarifies-rise-tomb-raider-xbox-one.html

I think it is the best to wait for E3 announcements.

Edited by TR_RAPTOR
  • Like 1

Well MM is making another game too, unannounced for the PS4. Look at their website, Tearaway Unfolded wasn't the only PS4 game they've done.

Also, to ad, Sony Bend is making a new game, possibly a Last of Us type survival game, Level 5 is making a new JRPG on PS4, Santa Monica is making GoW3R and GoW4, Guerilla is making Horizon and maybe a Killzone game, Naughty Dog has two teams so perhaps another game is being made over there. (Uncharted Trilogy has been rumoured a long time) Sony Japan is making new games, and Gran Turismo 7 is perhaps coming, Sucker Punch is making an open world game, Last Guardian is coming sometime too..

They also have the new F2P games, Drawn to Death and the other one from San Diego. Dude a lot of exclusives are coming to PS4 now :P

EDIT, DOH SHIT, I was editing it, and pressed qoute goddamn im stupid, sorry!!

Well I suck lol

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

eh itll be on playstation xbox just paid out the ass trying to get it ll for themself because tomb raider is one of the main staples of playstation and honestly its sd tht ms is stooping this low xbox since day 1 has been the oh me too console for example playstation says oh we have high def movie and gaming with blueray-  xbox pops in oh we have highdef too! scurries off tries to put high def in fails sticks with dvd format tries to sell high def movie player seperate for nearly the cost of the xbox fails miserably and now is exstinct

playstation says oh we are allowing used games -  xbox of we are tooo scurries off and changes the whole system to allow for it still costs over 100 dollors more

playstation comes out with ps plus offers free games every month only 50 bucks a year also get a ton of bonuses and discounts - x box oh we have a membership too  oh crap no free gmes lets give out outdated games and charge  little extra but not give nearly as many games or perks

and here we are playstation says we have tomb raider! -- xbox oh uh lets pay off the company get it exclusive to our company this will surely kill playstation 

everyone buys ps4 bad mouths xbox for stealing tomb raider most people say there gunna just wait to get it on ps4 :P

people gotta face it sure playstation copies some ideas from other systems but xbox is a comlete copycat of playstation only it costs more and does less and has a controller guarenteed to have u with artheritus or deformed hands before ur old enough to be having any of that

Those who compare Tomb Raider to Uncharted and insult TR, serioausly ? Generation of SpongeBob and Ben 10!! What do we expect of them ?!!

Mod please close the thread.

Why create the thread if you can't handle the replies?  And way to go with your insulting other members here!

OT, it is best to wait for E3 announcements! I still think it's a timed exclusive though!

eh itll be on playstation xbox just paid out the ass trying to get it ll for themself because tomb raider is one of the main staples of playstation and honestly its sd tht ms is stooping this low xbox since day 1 has been the oh me too console for example playstation says oh we have high def movie and gaming with blueray-  xbox pops in oh we have highdef too! scurries off tries to put high def in fails sticks with dvd format tries to sell high def movie player seperate for nearly the cost of the xbox fails miserably and now is exstinct

playstation says oh we are allowing used games -  xbox of we are tooo scurries off and changes the whole system to allow for it still costs over 100 dollors more

playstation comes out with ps plus offers free games every month only 50 bucks a year also get a ton of bonuses and discounts - x box oh we have a membership too  oh crap no free gmes lets give out outdated games and charge  little extra but not give nearly as many games or perks

and here we are playstation says we have tomb raider! -- xbox oh uh lets pay off the company get it exclusive to our company this will surely kill playstation 

everyone buys ps4 bad mouths xbox for stealing tomb raider most people say there gunna just wait to get it on ps4 :P

people gotta face it sure playstation copies some ideas from other systems but xbox is a comlete copycat of playstation only it costs more and does less and has a controller guarenteed to have u with artheritus or deformed hands before ur old enough to be having any of that

I couldn't but help noticing how anti-Microsoft your comment is :P The rest of your comment that isn't in bold is irrelevant to the topic in question

OT: I'm just going to wait til E3 for the official announcement.

I don't think Sony would be bothered too much of the fact Xbox getting timed-exclusivity because it just shows MS are trying too hard to outdo Sony now. MS should just be worried about releasing more console-selling exclusives because timed-exclusiveness is going to mean nothing once it comes out on PS imo.