Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Those character introductions are just amazing... if they don't get you hyped to see how this journey goes then nothing will :P 

I may have to get Dragon to write an intro for me one day as this just seems legendary :)

• Like 3

Yeah I would watch that ^_^

Woohoo, me too :highfive:.

Those character introductions are just amazing... if they don't get you hyped to see how this journey goes then nothing will :P

I may have to get Dragon to write an intro for me one day as this just seems legendary :)

Thnx buddy, that took the most time to write. Glad you like it.

Sure I'll write one if you want

Oooh, this is really interesting. I need to get in on this when I have the time. :)

You can join any time you want and play at your own pace, whether you go for the platinum trophy or just play for fun is up to you.

• Like 2

If the anime is going to happen...I think the Trinity of Green needs to be present as well :hmm:

Naturally, I wonder how we'd all look as anime characters.

Sounds pretty epic. I love Star Ocean 4 and would like to see where this goes.

Thnx, that's what I'm hoping for. Are you going to join too?

You need a rival like Gary Oak to motivate all of you. 

With a game that takes so long to plat, I don't think it would be motivating to turn it into a competition. Not everyone might go for the plat and they can still join. This thread is more to share your experiences and help each other. And people can join whenever they want too, so it would be unfair in a competition if most people got a head start.

• Like 1

Naturally, I wonder how we'd all look as anime characters.

Thnx, that's what I'm hoping for. Are you going to join too?

With a game that takes so long to plat, I don't think it would be motivating to turn it into a competition. Not everyone might go for the plat and they can still join. This thread is more to share your experiences and help each other. And people can join whenever they want too, so it would be unfair in a competition if most people got a head start.

If this were specifically for going for the plat a competition actually could have been a good motivation factor. The plat race Mayus and I (where he was trying to plat Resistance 2 before I platted Star Ocean) was a huge motivation factor for my battle trophy grind. Even though he completely wiped the floor with me it made me so focused on finishing it I even cancelled preorders on other games at the time to finish it.

Since this isn't specifically for the plat though I would agree that a competition isn't best for it dood.

• Like 1

Dammit. I feel like I'm missing out on some awesome community events. Already got my BioShock plat and I'd be starting so far behind for Okami that I'm not sure it's worth it.

And now there's no digital version of this game. Disc reader y u do dis? T_T

347.gif

You can look here for a copy: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Ocean-Last-Hope-International-Playstation/dp/B002I0J4AM

If this were specifically for going for the plat a competition actually could have been a good motivation factor. The plat race Mayus and I (where he was trying to plat Resistance 2 before I platted Star Ocean) was a huge motivation factor for my battle trophy grind. Even though he completely wiped the floor with me it made me so focused on finishing it I even cancelled preorders on other games at the time to finish it.

Since this isn't specifically for the plat though I would agree that a competition isn't best for it dood.

Interesting :hmm:. I didn't want to make this a thread for obtaining the plat, because most people play this game for fun and I wanted to encourage as many people as possible to have a great time. And there are also other reasons, like not everyone has a lot of time to play games, people have tests or go on vacations during the summer break,

You can look here for a copy: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Ocean-Last-Hope-International-Playstation/dp/B002I0J4AM

Interesting :hmm:. I didn't want to make this a thread for obtaining the plat, because most people play this game for fun and I wanted to encourage as many people as possible to have a great time. And there are also other reasons, like not everyone has a lot of time to play games, people have tests or go on vacations during the summer break,

Yeah I think the thread is fine the way it is dood, the way it is definitely should encourage more people to join up since they can go about it however and for how long they want.

• Like 1

Yeah I think the thread is fine the way it is dood, the way it is definitely should encourage more people to join up since they can go about it however and for how long they want.

Woohoo, mission accomplished. And I've reached my maximum likes for today :shakefist:.

The intro post was pretty good! xD Good luck. You'll need it!

Thnx :D.

Yes I second this, although I hope he hasn't set the bar high and people don't expect me to do this >_>

Yes I second this, although I hope he hasn't set the bar high and people don't expect me to do this >_>

Thnx Buu :D. A game such as this deserves an epic introduction for an epic journey to beat the mother of all grinds in an epic way (that's a lot of epicness :P). Hopefully people will remember this thread.

Enjoy! I'm coming back to this myself, having recently written the guide here.

Thnx, should I add you to the list?