Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

5 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Is it time for the Epic Quest to return? :stalker:

5 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

I would certainly be up to try my hand at the Epic Quest, though I would be using the PS3 version since that's the one that I have.

5 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I would like to go ahead and try my hand at the epic quest as well if there was to be another one.

Yep, looks like the Epic Quest is back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright folks, I'll revive the thread for the Epic Quest II: 4K times the Epicness.

I'm currently sitting around 34 hours and with 40% BTs. Treasure chests and endings are done. I've cleared the 7SD and got Meracle's 10 minute kill on Gabe. I've been putting off quests and item creation because grinding for materials sounds less fun than grinding for battle trophies, believe it or not. Current plan is to break the level cap for every character, then grind to max level and grind a lot of Fol before tackling the Wandering Dungeon.

Full BT Progress:

Edge: 42

Reimi: 42

Faize: 34

Lymle: 46

Bacchus: 50

Meracle: 52

Sarah: 35

Myuria: 30

Arumat: 29

I still have tons of easy battle trophies to do, just not the resources to do them yet. Plus the colosseum is such a drag.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

Alright folks, I'll revive the thread for the Epic Quest II: 4K times the Epicness.

I still have tons of easy battle trophies to do, just not the resources to do them yet. Plus the colosseum is such a drag.

Your doing a lot better then me. I kept putting off the PS3 version well due to how big the plat was yep a poor excuse but I did. I still have the PS3 version unopened.

So I thought nope I am not doing it 4K version on the Pro why not, But only about 10 hours in and just obtained the Fire Ring.

49 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

I'm currently sitting around 34 hours and with 40% BTs. Treasure chests and endings are done. I've cleared the 7SD and got Meracle's 10 minute kill on Gabe. I've been putting off quests and item creation because grinding for materials sounds less fun than grinding for battle trophies, believe it or not. Current plan is to break the level cap for every character, then grind to max level and grind a lot of Fol before tackling the Wandering Dungeon.

Full BT Progress:

Reimi: 42

Lymle: 46

Meracle: 52

Sarah: 35

Myuria: 30

Arumat: 29

I like looking at numbers that small. Because that means that you feel really good about yourself as you get 12 or 14 bts in a day. I mean on a really good day maybe you are getting 20+

Then it all goes to hell  and you are lucky if you are getting even 1 a day :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I like looking at numbers that small. Because that means that you feel really good about yourself as you get 12 or 14 bts in a day. I mean on a really good day maybe you are getting 20+

Then it all goes to hell  and you are lucky if you are getting even 1 a day :(

I was getting 12-14 BTs a battle yesterday! I probably got at least 110 BTs yesterday. Progress will begin to slow now though...

6 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

I was getting 12-14 BTs a battle yesterday! I probably got at least 110 BTs yesterday. Progress will begin to slow now though...

I think my best was between 60 or so. It was one of those good days to post my stats :) Congrats on the progress though. 

3 hours ago, Galactic Poke Balls said:

this is his 2nd time doing this quest. fucking crazy 

I did it the first time in 2011 sooooooo surely that 6 year gap justifies my sanity.

Decided to grind Zoology drops and animal/airborne kills today for some reason. Maybe because those are the easiest drops to go for. I think I'm around 150 drops so I'll finish them tomorrow.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, Jigglypuff said:

Nah, he's just crazy. He's only fucking crazy if he triple plats it.

damn true, triple plat would be this crazy lol. grinding 60 k kills again and everything else over and over.

See the source image

Edited by Galactic Poke Balls
  • Like 1

So for those that are curious, the EQ trophy pops just a bit too early:

Spoiler

JGlVENq.jpg

JLODI6T.jpg

Here's the full fight if you want to watch it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208588657

It was pretty horrible fight all around. The EQ kept going after Reimi and getting away from the corner I needed her in. Sarah died a couple times which wasn't good. When I finally put Lymle in, I was having trouble hitting Hound Grenade and I was worried I was running out of time. I tried doing a little more damage first with Arumat and then she starting going after Lymle. All during this time I accidentally left Lymle off Manual, so she was still throwing Hound Grenades at the EQ and could've accidentally killed her. I killed her with 2 Hound Grenades after I switched to her the final time.

I was going to try and beat the EQ 5 times in one run, but I got Geostones on the 19th floor and I figured it was going to take too long to do all 5. I did beat her a second time though, so I'll come back later for the last 3.

Battle trophy stats:

Edge: 54

Reimi: 51

Lymle: 58

Bacchus: 67

Meracle: 56

Sarah: 54

Myuria: 57

Arumat: 68

I'm missing 2 of the WD weapons for Arms Addict. I've barely started on the quests and item creation. I have to travel for work this week though so I'll start tackling those when I get back.

• Like 3

On 11-12-2017 at 6:55 AM, dertswa687o said:

So for those that are curious, the EQ trophy pops just a bit too early:

Reveal hidden contents

JGlVENq.jpg

JLODI6T.jpg

Here's the full fight if you want to watch it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208588657

It was pretty horrible fight all around. The EQ kept going after Reimi and getting away from the corner I needed her in. Sarah died a couple times which wasn't good. When I finally put Lymle in, I was having trouble hitting Hound Grenade and I was worried I was running out of time. I tried doing a little more damage first with Arumat and then she starting going after Lymle. All during this time I accidentally left Lymle off Manual, so she was still throwing Hound Grenades at the EQ and could've accidentally killed her. I killed her with 2 Hound Grenades after I switched to her the final time.

I was going to try and beat the EQ 5 times in one run, but I got Geostones on the 19th floor and I figured it was going to take too long to do all 5. I did beat her a second time though, so I'll come back later for the last 3.

Battle trophy stats:

Reimi: 51

Lymle: 58

Meracle: 56

Sarah: 54

Myuria: 57

Arumat: 68

I'm missing 2 of the WD weapons for Arms Addict. I've barely started on the quests and item creation. I have to travel for work this week though so I'll start tackling those when I get back.

Nice work, added you to the OP.

• Like 1

I might as well rejoin the Epic Quest for round 2 - aka, 4K & Full HD Remaster (haven't finished round 1, but I might some day).

Trophy count: 30/47 (latest one being Aspiring Architect, Create 40% of all possible items)

Battle Trophy count:

Edge: 60

Reimi: 50

Faize: 0 (obviously haven't started my Faize playthrough yet)

Lymle: 26

Meracle: 55

Sarah: 53

Myuria: 18

Arumat: 9

Total BT: 321/900

Total playtime so far: 169:13 (some of that was me grinding Bacchus' 'ology drops in the Cardianon Mothership, and some afk time)

Edited by locutus442
  • Like 1

Finished quests and item creation. I think they should rename the 100% item creation trophy to Magical Clay Master. Yesterday I trekked down to the EQ and beat her 3 more times. Today I took care of all the 7SD boss BTs I needed to do like stealing an accessory and 99,999 damage with fire bolt and then destroyed Gabe 4 more times.

BT stats:

Reimi: 57

Lymle: 60

Meracle: 59

Sarah: 55

Myuria: 62

Arumat: 72

Total: 520

I'm not sure exactly where I'm gonna start on the BTs, but I think I'll nab a quick 20 to get the 60% trophy. Something like all of Sarah's HP/MP absorption trophies should get me close. After that I might start working on drops... but probably the easy ones (Reimi, Lymle, and Myuria). I still need to max out the Spriggan jewel to make some 1 HP armor. There's a bajillion colosseum battles to do. I need 2 more WD dungeon weapons for Arms Addict. Don't even get me started on bunny racing.

So yeah item creation is done woo!!! Time is 70:45 or so.

• Like 2

While I am not on the list given this getting a reboot of sorts I thought I would jump in with an update.
Was the first time playing the game as I always put off the PS3 version. But decided to play the PS4 port,
However I fell into the trap of using the same party members after a while and also the same skills.

I just finshed the main story with 51 hours played, my Battle trophies look like this -

Reimi: 26

Faize: 23
Lymle: 10

Bacchus: 13

Meracle: 12
Sarah: 12

Myuria: 32

Arumat: 4
Total: 174

To be honest I have no idea where I should start after passing the main story but no matter what path I take I know I have a long way to go

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

Update on my progress on the Ps4 version:

Trophy count: 34/47

Latest trophy: Rapid Rabbit Wrangler; Earn 100 victories in class 100 bunny racing (thank god I don't have to touch bunny races ever again)

Battle trophy count:

Edge: 60

Reimi: 50

Faize: 0

Lymle: 50

Bacchus: 52

Meracle: 55

Sarah: 53

Myuria: 53

Arumat: 50

Total battle trophy count: 423/900

Total game time: 191:26

• Like 2

I got a fair amount done since the last update. I mostly did a lot of the random easy BTs like the Fury ones and HP/MP absorption like I mentioned before. I took care of a lot of the exact damage ones; I think I only have Edge's 55,555 and all of Meracle's left. Last night I did Reimi's Botany drops/plant kills and it only took me 2 hours. I knew the Geostone drops came quickly but I wasn't expecting it to be that fast. I got 999 plant kills and decided I'd start getting Arumat kills until I hit 255 drops... and then funnily enough I got the last drop the very next battle.

Edge: 57

Reimi: 87

Lymle: 76

Bacchus: 83

Meracle: 66

Sarah: 82

Myuria: 79

Arumat: 82

Total: 646 (71.8%)

I think I'll do a session of the colosseum next. I've got Arumat done. I can probably get Reimi to 100 after the colosseum so I'll probably do her first.

Also congrats to @Meepy- on getting the plat!

Edited by dertswa687o
  • Like 1