Faize: 56

Lymle: 28

Bacchus: 67

Meracle: 34

Sarah: 34

Myuria: 17

Arumat: 50

Play time: 119:05:10

Chest: 410/410 - All chests done. That was a lot of backtracking and many thanks to the PSNP guide.   

Item Creation: 8/321:

Flame Sword, Hunting bow, oyakodan, custard pie, funeral banquet, curry rice, pickled plum rice, scumbag slayer

Shop Orders: 14/139 

Side Quests: 12/62  

The main journey reached its conclusion and I really enjoyed the story. Managed to achieve the 9 endings thanks to the great guide. I'm starting to get emotionally invested with them as we prepare to venture towards the post game journey. Current goals are getting to 50% BTs for each character and get to level 255. Let's go comrades! The vast ocean of stars awaits and it is time to obtain higher power! 

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 4

On 7/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, fantrig99 said:

6th update:

BTs Progress 

Edge: 69

Reimi: 36

Lymle: 28

Bacchus: 67

Meracle: 34

Sarah: 34

Myuria: 17

Arumat: 50

Play time: 119:05:10

Chest: 410/410 - All chests done. That was a lot of backtracking and many thanks to the PSNP guide.   

Item Creation: 8/321:

Reveal hidden contents

Flame Sword, Hunting bow, oyakodan, custard pie, funeral banquet, curry rice, pickled plum rice, scumbag slayer

The main journey reached its conclusion and I really enjoyed the story. Managed to achieve the 9 endings thanks to the great guide. I'm starting to get emotionally invested with them as we prepare to venture towards the post game journey. Current goals are getting to 50% BTs for each character and get to level 255. Let's go comrades! The vast ocean of stars awaits and it is time to obtain higher power! 

Nice work :yay: , and yeah the treasure guide is very useful.

• Like 1

Update on the Ps4 version:

Latest trophy: Master Battler (Obtain 90% of all battle trophies)

Total trophies: 44/47

Battle trophies:

Edge: 80

Reimi: 97

Faize: 100

Lymle: 83

Bacchus: 84

Meracle: 97

Sarah: 82

Myuria: 100

Arumat: 87

Total battle trophies: 810/900

Playtime: main: 304:43  Faize: 86:48  Universe: 29:45

Total playtime: 421:16

• Like 2

7th update:

BTs Progress 

Edge: 72

Reimi: 59

Lymle: 62

Bacchus: 86

Meracle: 55

Sarah: 50

Myuria: 50

Arumat: 58

Total: 548/900

Play time: 137:26:40 plus around 5 hours of alternate save of working on some exact damage

Item Creation: 9/321:

Flame Sword, Hunting bow, oyakodan, custard pie, funeral banquet, curry rice, pickled plum rice, scumbag slayer, strength potion

Edge: The main progress will be getting his 55,555 exact damage on level 255. Used a SD3K with his HP boosted to 99,999 using potent health seeds with an atk of 4,187. Still have 5,555 damage to work on.
Reimi: Working on her hits during rush mode, interrupt enemy casting, colosseum solo battles, and getting 111 and 1,111 damage. Still have 11,111 to work on.
Faize: Had two saves at the 78 hours mark and will be going back much later.
Lymle: Mainly working on her colosseum solo battles, getting 123 and 1,234 damage. Still have 12,345 to work on later and from the source will be needing quite a lot of Tri-emblems for customization!
Bacchus: Working on colosseum solo battles and getting no damage using faint potions. I managed to get 16,384 and 32,768 exact damage and wrote down the steps to get them using SD3K. An alternate save is made before attempting them.

16,384 damage BT for Bacchus:
1. be at level 255
2. have 99999hp
3. No weapon required
4. default base attack 2136 with beat B at rank 20
5. synthesize varigear armor with attack +3 using attack seeds and four darkness scarf with attack+1 each so current attack gets up to 2142
6. pick a neck accessory and synthesize one attack +5 factor with ripe berries and one attack +1 factor with a food ingredient for the attack up to 2148
7. Pick a wrist accessory preferably tri emblum. Synthesize one attack-40% factor using a scumbag slayer and one attack-40 factor using an attack breaker
8. If done correctly, the current attack will be 1252. Go to Aeos and fight an Adephaga. Ensure Hp is full at 99999 and use SD3K next to them. It will take a few tries with the attacks in the range. Revive with Serah using resurrection to full health. 

32,768 damage BT for Bacchus:
1. Have 99999 Hp
2. level 255 and Beat B at rank 20
3. equip T08 lightning cannon, synthesize two atk-50 factors using two attack breaker.
4. No armor required
5. For the neck accessory of choice, synthesize two atk-40 factors using two attack breaker.
6. For the wrist accessory of choice, synthesize two atk+5 factors and 1 atk+1 factor. 
7. If done correctly, the attack will come to 2480
8. Go to Aeos. Find Adephaga and engage in battle. Have 99999hp and use SD3K next to them to trigger the damage. Have Serah ready for revival.

Meracle: Colosseum solo battles and getting ready for her to fight Gabriel. 
Serah: Some colosseum solo battles and finished the jumps.
Myuria: Solo battles and casting symbols in the colosseum
Arumat: Working on the HP left BTs.

The post game journey have been enjoyable and working on getting everyone to the halfway mark. Next step is to get max level and preparing the challenging WD. Is metal scumbag jewel having "+25% fol after each battle" the best factor to synthesize onto the equipment for money?

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Use Mille-Feuille which you get from the Where's the Recipe? quest.

Thanks! I checked around and found this fol farming guide which can be helpful. Did the game made changes in this PS International version where the location of the "+40% Fol after each battle" factor had been rearranged in comparison to the Xbox version? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fantrig99 said:

Thanks! I checked around and found this fol farming guide which can be helpful. Did the game made changes in this PS International version where the location of the "+40% Fol after each battle" factor had been rearranged in comparison to the Xbox version? 

Yes, they did.  In the original Xbox 360 version, the factors were arranged as "1st: +40% Fol after each battle, 2nd: Int +1".  In subsequent versions this was reversed, making the "overflow" trick less appealing.

Edit: I should also add that this was the case for using Curry Rice in synthesis.  Originally it was "1st: +20% Exp after each battle, 2nd: +1 Atk".  In subsequent versions this was reversed as well.

Edited by locutus442

15 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

Yes, they did.  In the original Xbox 360 version, the factors were arranged as "1st: +40% Fol after each battle, 2nd: Int +1".  In subsequent versions this was reversed, making the "overflow" trick less appealing.

Thanks for the confirmation! I guess the farming process will be a little longer.   

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

Not saying I would have an inkling to even attempt this, but has anyone Platinumed this FOUR times yet (EU/JP/US PS4 remaster plus the original PS3)? I imagine they deserve...something for their troubles. I mean seriously, just Platinum'ing this once takes years off your life. Imagine doing it four times and one of them is in a language you may or may not be able to read. 

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Not saying I would have an inkling to even attempt this, but has anyone Platinumed this FOUR times yet (EU/JP/US PS4 remaster plus the original PS3)? I imagine they deserve...something for their troubles. I mean seriously, just Platinum'ing this once takes years off your life. Imagine doing it four times and one of them is in a language you may or may not be able to read. 

I remember seeing a status update saying that someone did... yeah, found them

eb5c191262a9c723e243655b20d94c7f.png

1 hour ago, fantrig99 said:

@locutus442 Congrats on getting one of the hardest BTs!

Thanks.  Been trying to get that battle trophy for the past three days.  So sick of WD that when I get Sarah's kills/ology drops taken care of (the best place for that is floor 15 or so of WD), I'll never step foot in WD again (at least on the Ps4 version anyways).

37 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

Thanks.  Been trying to get that battle trophy for the past three days.  So sick of WD that when I get Sarah's kills/ology drops taken care of (the best place for that is floor 15 or so of WD), I'll never step foot in WD again (at least on the Ps4 version anyways).

Fight Kobold Bandits outside Roak. Their only drop is All-Purpose Ceramic and it counts as an ology drop. It's pretty easy to do the 1k airborne enemies if you use Tornado as well. I always made sure it kills in 2 hits to ensure they're airborne.

1 minute ago, dertswa687o said:

Fight Kobold Bandits outside Roak. Their only drop is All-Purpose Ceramic and it counts as an ology drop. It's pretty easy to do the 1k airborne enemies if you use Tornado as well. I always made sure it kills in 2 hits to ensure they're airborne.

Something I will consider if I get tired of WD.

15 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

Something I will consider if I get tired of WD.

It's not even a "consider" honestly, it's a no brainer. Kobold Bandits have like 2,000 HP and Sarah can kill them very fast. It'll take 2 hours starting from 0 to get 1k airborne/999 animals/255 zoology drops. Zoology drops are the fastest drops in the game if you do them on Kobold Bandits.

Meanwhile the other option is spending 2 hours getting to floor 15, finding a room with 2 or 3 of Tyrant Lizards, fighting Tyrant Lizards which Sarah cannot kill quickly, and not having the ability to save if you want.

On 7/29/2018 at 6:52 AM, NetEntity said:

I remember seeing a status update saying that someone did... yeah, found them

eb5c191262a9c723e243655b20d94c7f.png

Damn, this person is on a whole different level.

On 7/29/2018 at 8:11 AM, dertswa687o said:

I think we can all learn something from this guy. I mean, clearly SO5 is way harder than SO4.

LMAO :lol: .

On 7/29/2018 at 11:49 PM, locutus442 said:

Sorry for the double post, but a small, but significant imo, update to the Ps4 version (one that I'm super buzzed about):

No new trophies, so still 44/47.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 81

Reimi: 100

Lymle: 93

Bacchus: 84

Meracle: 100

Sarah: 82

Myuria: 100

Arumat: 87

Total Battle Trophies: 827/900

And here is the reason I'm super buzzed/excited right now:

wGX3A2r.jpg

Playtime: main: 317:38  Faize: 86:48  Universe: 29:45

Total playtime: 434:11

Nice, congrats :yay: . With the hardest BT out of the way you should have the plat this week :awesome: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

8th update:

BTs Progress 

Edge: 75

Reimi: 60

Lymle: 70

Bacchus: 87

Meracle: 60

Sarah: 54

Myuria: 54

Arumat: 66

Play time: 161:58:00 plus 5 hours

Item Creation: 29/321

The long ocean of stars journey takes our comrades to the optional Wandering Dungeon (WD).

I think WD is one of the most tedious and time consuming dungeon I have played in RPGs. After 4 trips of WD and meeting Santa twice I manage to acquire the gears required to conquer the Goddess. The full Ethereal Queen (EQ) dungeon run took around 3 hours and thankfully most of the non-boss floors had "assassin's trial" and the crystal available instead of the geostone drops requirements. After reaching floor 19, the worst trial is having a 20+ room labyrinth and over 30 crystals to destroy. Before the fight I take a little break and remember to estimate EQ's health based on the rush gauge. I use a party of Arumat, Edge, Reimi and Serah. As EQ's rush gauge starts to increase at around 7, EQ starts to go all out and spam Supernova. I quickly taunt using Arumat and use a fainting potion then did the same with Edge. I then switch Reimi to Lymle and spam Hound Grenade like the world is about to end! After around 10-15 of them EQ falls and she takes the win! I want to thank @dertswa687o for the comprehensive guide on these strategies!
STAR_OCEAN_THE_LAST_HOPE_4_K_Full_HD_Remaster_20180803023923.jpg

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 4

Update for the Ps4 version:

No new trophies, so still 44/47

Battle trophies:

Edge: 81

Reimi: 100

Lymle: 100

Bacchus: 100

Meracle: 100